QC vs. RC

see the thing is with a qc you can do 140+ with the whole family with ya....so IF something happens ,you take the whole family with ya.they both haul ASS!ALLWAYS BE CAREFULL for sure!:rock:

WOW I did not expect for this to take off like this, I am glad to see there is alot of feedback to get on this subject. I will have to start doing more research now to see if the quad cab will still be the way to go. I would like to try to find out the 1/4 mile times of the 2 right out of the box.

Rickspeed said:
WOW I did not expect for this to take off like this, I am glad to see there is alot of feedback to get on this subject. I will have to start doing more research now to see if the quad cab will still be the way to go. I would like to try to find out the 1/4 mile times of the 2 right out of the box.

there both fast HEAVY TRUCKS out of the box.if ya want really fast get a lambo.:D

Rickspeed said:
Click on Timeslips at the top of the screen in the blue stipe, you may find some info there. :dontknow:

Wifey said:
Click on Timeslips at the top of the screen in the blue stipe, you may find some info there. :dontknow:
Out of the box (without mods) the RC will be faster. The Stage 2 on the QC evens things up some. The timeslip section has a bunch of modded trucks so those are not out of the box times.

It all depends on your wnats/needs. Do you need to carry the family around? QC. If you want a sports car and like shifting through the gears? RC.

Last edited:
SilvrSRT10 said:
Out of the box (without mods) the RC will be faster. The Stage 2 on the QC evens things up some. The timeslip section has a bunch of modded trucks so those are not out of the box times.

what he sais!:rock:

Me and my biz partner decided to take the plunge and purchase a pair of srt10's. I needed somthing to tow with "my daily driver is a srt8 300" he didn't need somthing to tow with "his daily is a 2500 chevy crew cab". He bought new 06 RC night runner, I bought a new 06 quad cab the same day. We ended up racing a couple of times a few days after purchasing them. Both were new, bone stock, and about the same miles "give or take 50". The races went like this...

Off the line the QC left the RC due to the RC spinning the tires, the QC continued to pull on the RC through 2nd gear, once the RC got into 3rd he started pulling pretty good on me in the QC, we ended up running our of road both runs before he manged to get by me though.

So the bottom line is this....

Stop light to stop light winner QC

Full 1/4 miles pass winner RC slightly <-with a good driver. spin the tires, bog, shift slow, or miss 3rd and the QC will win every time there is no margin for error between these two. We are talking about a 1/2 truck diff here tops.

Anything past 1/4 mile winner hands down RC

ktrends said:
Me and my biz partner decided to take the plunge and purchase a pair of srt10's. I needed somthing to tow with "my daily driver is a srt8 300" he didn't need somthing to tow with "his daily is a 2500 chevy crew cab". He bought new 06 RC night runner, I bought a new 06 quad cab the same day. We ended up racing a couple of times a few days after purchasing them. Both were new, bone stock, and about the same miles "give or take 50". The races went like this...

Off the line the QC left the RC due to the RC spinning the tires, the QC continued to pull on the RC through 2nd gear, once the RC got into 3rd he started pulling pretty good on me in the QC, we ended up running our of road both runs before he manged to get by me though.

Full 1/4 miles pass winner RC slightly <-with a good driver. spin the tires, bog, shift slow, or miss 3rd and the QC will win every time there is no margin for error between these two. We are talking about a 1/2 truck diff here tops.

10-4 :rock:

Rickspeed said:
Well I am in the process of buying one, have had alot of help from Vader on the boards. But if the QC that I am looking at does not work out I might think about maybe getting a RC. What are the main performance differences between the 2? Thanks.

look at it this way

should I buy a minivan or a racecar:D

Quad cabs are faster and better looking imo.... but whatever makes YOU happy!! :rock: :p

mmmmtorque said:
Well, imagine the going to a bar to pick find a new girlfriend.

Do you want the over weight, plain looking woman, who ocassionally has broccoli in her teeth, smells kinda funky but always laughs at your jokes, is happy to eat at burger king and always swallows...then get a QC.

If you want the hot chick, who's got an ass so hot that you pinch yourself just to remind youself that you arent imagininig it, tits so perky that you could seek a shady refuge on a hot day and legs that could wrap around you twice and still stand up......but the only way she will stay around is to take her out to 5 star restaurants, she is always two hours late, doesnt like any of your friends and she stops swalling after she borrows your credit card to get a pedicure, then get a RC.
Its the Other way around mmmtorque. Real Pimps have four doors and can fit 2 or 3 hoes inside. The quad is a Luxury Sport truck and Chick magnet.:D :D

mmmmtorque said:
Well, imagine the going to a bar to pick find a new girlfriend.

Do you want the over weight, plain looking woman, who ocassionally has broccoli in her teeth, smells kinda funky but always laughs at your jokes, is happy to eat at burger king and always swallows...then get a QC.

If you want the hot chick, who's got an ass so hot that you pinch yourself just to remind youself that you arent imagininig it, tits so perky that you could seek a shady refuge on a hot day and legs that could wrap around you twice and still stand up......but the only way she will stay around is to take her out to 5 star restaurants, she is always two hours late, doesnt like any of your friends and she stops swalling after she borrows your credit card to get a pedicure, then get a RC.
you hit the nail on the head:D damn pedicure's i could have mods:mad:

ktrends said:

just want to add a black rc would be 3/4's of a truck length so long as the qc is a diff color ofcourse:D :D

Rickspeed said:

13.568 bone stock only a K&N CAI and of course the right conditions at the track.

devildog02 said:
just want to add a black rc would be 3/4's of a truck length so long as the qc is a diff color ofcourse:D :D

the RC is black "night runner", my QC is grey. :p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back