Question on Clutch...HELP

MikeNice

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck now has about 7000 miles and the dealer tells me it's time for a new clutch, throw out, master, and slave cylinder.:confused:

My question is...
when putting in the Viper upgrade master and slave cylinder do I need a
shim or anything abnormal? If I do, where do I get.:dontknow:

To add insult to injury they also pointed out a damaged front wheel:mad:
I washed the truck on Tuesday, took it in on Thursday. I don't remember hitting anything, could have been an aCiD FlAsHbAcK.:2in1:

Any Help would be appreciated.
MN:idea:

Yes, you do need a set of shims...........Boomer should have all this shit too...

Anyone but Hennessey....Fkr charged me double......

Serves me right, I guess.......(fkn bastid)........

D

All work will be warranty, I just have to pay the difference between the
Factory equipment and the Viper upgrade.

Dragon is helping with parts but had mentioned the shims to me.

Is the upgrade difficult to do, or a direct replacement?

OK maybe I am a newbie here...my truck has 22k on it, do you think that its time for a new clutch?? I think that I am noticing a little slipping, or at least that's what I think! Seems like it has gotten slower, what a thought huh?

Shims are needed i used 4 - 3/8" washers on each side. Upon doing this you need to seal up between the new gap u just made. On the old master cylinder between the clutch and tranny. Pull the rubber cover off of the spring and you want to install that between your bolts works perfectly. Unfortunately I didnt take pictures but youll know exactly what Im talking about when you pull it apart.

Definetly do it, this is how it should have come from the factory. Nice and Smooth but same feeling.

My bad Gary also caries this and is also a kick ass vendor.
I ordered a Magnaflow last Christmas and received it 3 days after I ordered it. also the best price I could find any place ... believe me I love to hunt for a great deal.

Cheers J.T.

I would love to upgrade to the CF clutch, but don't have the $$$$.$$:(
I will however spent on the cylinder upgrade.:)

Your gonna do all that work and not upgrade. Get the credit card do it once while its all down, its worth it.

Mace said:
OK maybe I am a newbie here...my truck has 22k on it, do you think that its time for a new clutch?? I think that I am noticing a little slipping, or at least that's what I think! Seems like it has gotten slower, what a thought huh?

Mine went out at 3k!!!! When you smell it......not good. Eventually all RC's will need a new clutch. The stock setup is just very weak. Hard launches are very bad on it too.......its what killed mine.

The centerforce setup with the viper master slave is wonderful. You have 22k on yours. Thats awesome!!!

patrick

Mine has less than 2K on it, I don't abuse it regularly (read, two romps while already rolling) and I swear that the clutch is going. I can't smell it but it grabs much higher up the pedal than it used to. Almost to the very top... Are they adjustable?

mauiSRT/10 said:
Mine went out at 3k!!!! When you smell it......not good. Eventually all RC's will need a new clutch. The stock setup is just very weak. Hard launches are very bad on it too.......its what killed mine.

patrick

What does it smell like?

DRamSrt10 said:
What does it smell like?

Its a horrible caustic smell. You will notice it. Slipping the clutch on a hard start is what really kills it. Staying away from that, I think the clutch will last 25k miles and beyond. All depends on your driving style. Guys like Boomer and I were hard on ours right out of the box and smoked em!!! This was back when the trucks were brand new and nobody realized how weak the clutch was.

patrick

If ya want to know if its slipping get going about 50mph down a backroad, put it in 4th or 5th,
push in the clutch rev it to around 4500rpm's or better and just slip you foot off the clutch , sorta like dropping it or you were trying to bark a tire,
it should immediatly drop in rpm's, if it rides the rpms for a few seconds, you are slippin

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back