Question on Mopar Performance PCM

RedRamRules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you purchase the Mopar performance PCM, can you reflash that with any other performance flash (DC, X-metal, etc.)?

Seems like a cheap way to begin minor mods. :dontknow:

nope can't be done. (at least I don't know anyone who's been able to) but your factory one can. I have the Mopar PCM and am very pleased with it. it is a cheaper way to go, I don't have loss of power compared to the aftrmarket flashes

Last edited:
Thing is I want to keep the factory PCM in the event I need to take it to the dealer or for any other reason. Thanks bro, I will see u on Sat. I hope.

the mopar pcm doesnot have o2 monitors? so you did not need sims for your 02 in your exhaust? thats cool i have the mopar headers with cat/delete pips and just sent the headers to jet coating to be coated. when i get them back i will be installing the mopar headers mopar pcm and cat back.

thats the combo I have and I have big numbers!!! no o2 monitors...no check engine lights!!!! cost on that PCM is pretty cheap dragon as you know.

How much does the PCM run...how come people dont talk about it more??? I think this is the first time i've heard of this....and you guyz know I HO around!!

This would be great news for my X-mas wish list if it's cheap------That means more Mods to go around!!!:D

some people on here dont think its aggresive enough (I disagree)...however its only available for R.C.'s...

AHHH CRAP!!!!!!! You rained on my X-mas....No card for you Scrooge!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

Thanx for the quick reply though!:)

So let me get this straight. You wont need the O2 sims for the Mopar PCM if your running a cat delete midpipe? Or do you need to run a O2 sim with any of the more aggressive tune's from X-metal or DC due to the drastic changes in gas flowing out of the exhaust. If thats the case, will the more aggressive tunes fail a emmissions test? I have been browsing the forum for the past month since I purchased my 04 RC looking for my next upgrade (currently have magnaflow catback, K&N intake and a nice stereo upgrade). I would like to install a cat delete midpipe set-up (considereing the mandrel bent "F You" pipes from Venom or X-Metals setup) and a PCM upgrade this winter when the truck is laid up due to the damned New England weather! It sould be nice if I could run the Mopar PCM upgade with the cat delete and not have to worry about sims or CEL's!

you do not need sims with the mopar pcm only. all of the other flashes you will need sims. they do not eliminate the monitors. you will not be able to pass smog with the mopar pcm because these monitors are not there.

I personally recommend the Mopar PCM. I haven't seen on dyno or the track where I haven't come up versus the aftemarket.

Last edited:
i can get you the mopar pcm pm me and i can get you a price they really are cheap. depending on what year they will run about 350.00

Last edited:
the DC stage2 passes california smog. I believe they only change the WOT maps, the rest of the tuning is left alone. and yes, you need o2 sensor simulators if you take out the cats. however you still will fail a smog test in california. In arizona, you can pass smog as long as you have no CEL.

Mike

yes you can swap the mopar perf. PCM and factory for smog checks!!! (ofcoarse if you have no cats you will FAIL) The Mopar PCM was designed for use with the headers cat-delete and mopar camshaft. but you can still use it without these components. but for best gains its recommended to install mopar headers and cam

mauiSRT/10 said:
Buck, I notice you have the 172 themostat as well. Does the mopar pcm kick the fan on earlier like the other ones too?

patrick
no its doesn't. but on the highway I run right at 170ish degrees. but I do believe even with the cooling fans coming on earilier some folks are still running 200 degrees

bucke77 said:
no its doesn't. but on the highway I run right at 170ish degrees. but I do believe even with the cooling fans coming on earilier some folks are still running 200 degrees

That would be me. I have the flash but stock T-stat. Still runs around 200ish. One of these days I'm going to put in the 172 T-stat I have sitting on my floor.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back