Question on Mopar Performance PCM

FlyingLow said:
That would be me. I have the flash but stock T-stat. Still runs around 200ish. One of these days I'm going to put in the 172 T-stat I have sitting on my floor.

I have the 172 and no flash...I still run around 190-200....I was hoping for a bigger drop...gotta get a flash!

depends on who you ask... I dont think many really know?? I like mine and dont have any plans of making any changes.

bucke77 said:
you do not need sims with the mopar pcm only. all of the other flashes you will need sims. they do not eliminate the monitors. you will not be able to pass smog with the mopar pcm because these monitors are not there.

I personally recommend the Mopar PCM. I haven't seen on dyno or the track where I haven't come up versus the aftemarket.
I just want to get this straight because I had installed headers and high flow cats on my Hemi Magnum and had some trouble with the CEL after several months (I did fix the problem with some custom O2 spacers). So the Mopar PCM doesn't have the O2 monitors so I can run a cat delete without sims as well where the other PCM's you need to run a sim even with cats installed? I am right? I was also thinking today that my old ass 1990 Pontiac Boneville SSE with 150K miles passed emmision with flying colors according to the test print out. My numbers were only a mere fraction (under 1/4) of the fail threshhold. I wonder if I can run a Cat delet and a mopar PCM and possibly pass emmisions. If not I might be able to put the stock PCM in with some sims just for the test.

Sorry for the Thread Hijack! :dontknow:

If you have cats then you don't need sims regardless of which PCM you have. If you lose the rear cats then you don't need sims. If you lose the front cats then you will need sims unless you have the Mopar PCM. Clear as mud?

lbstone said:
I just want to get this straight because I had installed headers and high flow cats on my Hemi Magnum and had some trouble with the CEL after several months (I did fix the problem with some custom O2 spacers). So the Mopar PCM doesn't have the O2 monitors so I can run a cat delete without sims as well where the other PCM's you need to run a sim even with cats installed? I am right? I was also thinking today that my old ass 1990 Pontiac Boneville SSE with 150K miles passed emmision with flying colors according to the test print out. My numbers were only a mere fraction (under 1/4) of the fail threshhold. I wonder if I can run a Cat delet and a mopar PCM and possibly pass emmisions. If not I might be able to put the stock PCM in with some sims just for the test.

Sorry for the Thread Hijack! :dontknow:
and you will not pass smog without cats or with mopar PCM, because it doesn't have O2 monitors. and your NOX without Cats are out of control

I have to say I really never noticed much of a differnce in performance with the Mopar ECM. I ran with the headers, exhaust and intake for awhile before putting the ECM in. Atcually it seems like it might have hurt the above 5500 power but hard to tell. I was going to get a dyno of both done this fall but never got to it. About a year ago their was a dyno comparision of stock to Mopar and their was pretty much 0 difference. I was a tick slower at the track with the Mopar ECM to stock but that is not acurate either as I had 1/8 tank of gas with the stock and 3/4 tank with the Mopar.

So I can't say it is better then stock but it is no worse. No check engine light. And just to clairify all 4 OS sensors stay in the mid pipes. The difference is that the Mopar ECM doesn't look at the rear O2 sensors. These sensors are their to verify that the cats are functioning properly.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back