Rarest of all SRT 10s?

There was no 51 or 52. It was somewhat suggested and I believe that there were 52 VCA's.

1-50 6 speed manual

2 non numbered special built automatics to act as pace trucks in Daytona 2004(pictures somewhere on the registry, not going to go look). The two automatic were (through a fairly reliable source) shipped back to Dodge and destroyed

Its always crazy to hear a manufacture crush things. Why not sell those 2 or not make them at all and use regular vca editions :dontknow:

The first VCA was Bright Silver Metallic. My thought has always been, they went back to Dodge, repainted to the original color they were when they came down the line, manual put back in it and there is somebody driving around in a pace truck and has no earthly idea what so ever....

Well, that's my dream.....:drool:

What is that SIOP truck he was talking about? I have never heard of it? 3 of 5? Didn't know there were 401 of the Night Runners also. I have a buddy with a Night Runner, and he was shocked when I told him there was another one that came after. I have seen the Manual QC, and it was a conversion. Didn't come from the factory that way. A company did it for boasting rights. My understanding was the RC's were all manuals, and can believe that Dodge may have crushed them. I just went to the Corvette Museum, and they have a car that was supposed to be crushed there, as well as a corvette that never existed, so... very possible it could be around, just hidden within Dodge's closed gates

Only 400 Night Runners

SIOP?

Its always crazy to hear a manufacture crush things. Why not sell those 2 or not make them at all and use regular vca editions :dontknow:

or have them in their museum:dontknow::dontknow:

I dont understand why Dodge would waste money on automatic VCA's to crush rather than just teach who ever to drive the manual.:mad:

All pace vehicles are automatics

What is that SIOP truck he was talking about? I have never heard of it? 3 of 5? Didn't know there were 401 of the Night Runners also. I have a buddy with a Night Runner, and he was shocked when I told him there was another one that came after. I have seen the Manual QC, and it was a conversion. Didn't come from the factory that way. A company did it for boasting rights. My understanding was the RC's were all manuals, and can believe that Dodge may have crushed them. I just went to the Corvette Museum, and they have a car that was supposed to be crushed there, as well as a corvette that never existed, so... very possible it could be around, just hidden within Dodge's closed gates

Vette museum.....wtf would you want to go there for, your toilet broke?

There is a very***very*** remote chance that there are still 2 VCA Editions still out there with Autos

So was the first VCA #1/50 or #3/50? :dontknow:

It's really hard to say. I have inside information from a VCA Founding Member that at Daytona when all the trucks were there for the Daytona 500, owners were swapping center consoles so they could have the number they wanted. Other than what I have been told by this individual, I have no corroborating evidence to said actions of the original owners. They all also have a xxxx of 3057 number, but we already know they were not sequential. The best way might be to use the MDH. I have all the Build dates, just not all the build hours. So as much as I would like to give a quality answer, if what the owners were seen doing is true, there is no real way to know.

Note: I have asked if there was documentation listing VIN and VCA and of the people I've asked, there is no such list. Also, the first VCA's original color was not blue

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back