Received X-metal Mids!

RedRamRules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boomers catless mids arrived today, can't wait to install. Hopefully I won't run into any problems.:rock:
BTW big thanks to RAM82A1, the mids arrived perfectly, much obliged bro!

Last edited:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I just found that there is the 4 of cats and I am wondering if it is possible to remove only the 2 of cats. So thats way I dont have to worry about the inspection and still have loud exhaust! :D

DRamSrt10 said:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I just found that there is the 4 of cats and I am wondering if it is possible to remove only the 2 of cats. So thats way I dont have to worry about the inspection and still have loud exhaust! :D

It is easier to just buy these mid pipes....keep your stockers at home...then switch them when you have to....

Nowwhat said:
It is easier to just buy these mid pipes....keep your stockers at home...then switch them when you have to....

I totally didnt think about that! Thanks man! Do these mid pipes include oxygen sensor?

DRamSrt10 said:
I totally didnt think about that! Thanks man! Do these mid pipes include oxygen sensor?
Look closely at the pics. Notice that the downstream bung on each pipe is longer? This tricks the downstream o2 sensor into thinking the cat is there. It's a "mechanical" sim!
Someone else asked about removing two cats. By the book, you can't change the configuration at all, legally. It just depends on who is inspecting and how much they know about your original configuration as to whether you get away with it or not.

VA VIPERAM said:
Look closely at the pics. Notice that the downstream bung on each pipe is longer? This tricks the downstream o2 sensor into thinking the cat is there. It's a "mechanical" sim!

Ahh, yeah I see it. Thanks man! Will it pass the inspection even if CEL dont come on, right?

DRamSrt10 said:
Ahh, yeah I see it. Thanks man! Will it pass the inspection even if CEL dont come on, right?
Probably not, if it's a real sniffer test, you will probably fail. So will the rest of us. These things run rich as hell.
Sorry for the bad news.

Really? I am living in mass but I am not sure what the "sniffer test" look like. Do you have some example on what it look like? I think it have a long metal stick that goes in the muffler, right?

Hey Juan, you should plan on getting some bolts for the flanges w/locknuts. The stock ones had some stupid clip that just makes it even harder to get em off.. We should have a close race next time...We "should":D

Dram, you need to know somebody whom can inspect your vehicle..............if possible that always helps. I would go talk to some speed shop about whats the can and cant do's are in your area.

patrick

Ill agree with the stock nuts being a pain in the ass. I remember as a teenager working with my grandfather during summers. He is retired air force and a A&P mechanic. His statement of, "I wish I had the balls of the engineer that designed this in my vice and I was jumping on the handle" Make sure that you get the metal clip pinned against the flange and don’t let it twist off. When the twist off you then have the pleasurable experience of getting a set of vice grips on the square nut. Since not all the metal will tear off of the nut you can’t get an open end wrench on it. Also if you have an air wrench and a long extension you should be able to get to all of the bolts. Some of them, the top two on the driver’s side don’t offer much room to work a ratchet. I also had to trim the mid that comes off the driver’s side about 2.5 inches. This may of been due to the magnaflow that I had welded in. You will also want to see if your local dealership has O2 sensors in stock. I think I was fortunate that I only lost one due to thread binding. Put some antiseize on the before you install them into the mids. The upstream O2 sensor wire will be a little short and you will need to detach the clip from the wire loom that is on top of the tranny and right behind the intake manifold.

Chris

Chris

the mids from jmb coming out bolt directly to the magnaflow exhaust and are mandrel bent powder coated and will also bolt directly to your stock manifolds or in my case to the bassani headers.

dcrow said:
the mids from jmb coming out bolt directly to the magnaflow exhaust and are mandrel bent powder coated and will also bolt directly to your stock manifolds or in my case to the bassani headers.

Those are the ones I want if they are mandrel bent. You don't lose exhaust flow with mandrel bends.

the mids from jmb are mandrel bent i have a set coming to me in about 2 weeks.justin is a cool guy,he was straight forward with me.
he told me they are aluminized mandrel bent 3 inch powder coated and will bolt directly to your magnaflow cat back and in my case will either bolt up to your factory manifolds or to bassani headers.

FerrariTruck said:
Hey Juan, you should plan on getting some bolts for the flanges w/locknuts. The stock ones had some stupid clip that just makes it even harder to get em off.. We should have a close race next time...We "should":D
I hope so Alfredo, little bit at a time :D

Thanks for the advice on the install, I will let y'all know how mines went whenever I get some free time.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back