Sacramento May 9th

tsmith3 said:
Made a few calls today. I guess are company rate isn't as good as used to be a few years ago. Anyway, this place http://www.ramada.com/Ramada/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=02491 can give us a rate for 70 a night single and 75 for a double. I have stayed here and it is nice and centrally located and Hooters is not too far away. :burnout:

That's cool. Somebody else suggested the Marriot. I think they're both located pretty well, so we'll have to see what kind of deal we can get there

rottenronnie said:
I also heard from jeverett; another crazy Canuck that is going to try to make it down to Sacramento.

Hey Ron,two more going to try and make it too....Hucksrt10 and CCM might join in on the convoy:rock: :burnout: :marchmellow:

The last list I saw here showed 15 people going to make this GTG, if there are more than that, let's try to get a count, I'll have my wife call the various hotel from a listing I have tomorrow and see if we can get a group rate.

So if you're planning on going and not on the last list, please let us know.

Here's the last list:

ARRESTmeRED04 - Texas
Yellow venom - Canada
Rotten Ronnie - Canada
Trainman – California
SRTBrad – California
Black Pearl – California
Tsmith3 – Wyoming
LoveThisTruck – California
LMSRT8 – Washington
Ccfeyh – California
Scooby82882 – Sierra Vista, Arizona(maybe)
Noid - California
505'sFastestViper - New Mexico
Mac10 - Northwest
bgdawg - Reno

Here's a list of hotel that I know of:

A. Radisson Hotel
B. Clarion Hotel
C. Embassy Suites
D. Red Lion Hotel
E. Doubletree Hotel
F. Sterling Hotel
G. Governors Inn Hotel
H. Hilton Garden Inn
I. Courtyard by Marriot
J. Le Rivage Hotel

The wife will call them tomorrow morning and let me know, I'll post the best rates for a group of 20 rooms.

I think we should probably wait to do that:dontknow: It's still 4 months out... I'm sure the list will grow. Plus there's an unknown number of guys comming down from Canada

No problem can wait, but if you'd like I'll take this on and make sure we get room rates for however many we're gonna have. That'll take one thing off you're back getting this organized.

ccfeyh said:
No problem can wait, but if you'd like I'll take this on and make sure we get room rates for however many we're gonna have. That'll take one thing off you're back getting this organized.

Yeah man, thank you:congrats:

Wouldn't hurt to a little research now to see where we stand for rooms.

WE're going to start calling tomorrow just to see if any of them want to play, I'll use a base of say 25-30 rooms, see if we get any hits.

I'll look for rooms for the 8-10 of May.

The list currently has 15 names on it, so if you're not on the list and plan on making it, send me a PM and I'll add you to the list and I can keep a good count of the number of room needed.

ccfeyh said:

Kewl!! Thanks Man :rock: :rock:

ccfeyh said:
WE're going to start calling tomorrow just to see if any of them want to play, I'll use a base of say 25-30 rooms, see if we get any hits.

I'll look for rooms for the 8-10 of May.

The list currently has 15 names on it, so if you're not on the list and plan on making it, send me a PM and I'll add you to the list and I can keep a good count of the number of room needed.

Never hurts to make a call,then we have an idea were we stand,Thanks for the help:rock:

:dito:
Yellow venom said:
Never hurts to make a call,then we have an idea were we stand,Thanks for the help:rock:
thanks for handling this CCfeyh, and i'f burntrubber needs a lift i should have plenty of room i'll be towing my truck up there with a QC dodge so that wouldn't be a problem

Well, first blush seems to favor the Hilton Garden Inn, everything is brand new completely remodeled, rooms are all doubles, free breakfast coupons for $69.99 a night. That's if we are looking at price.

I'll have a complete listing later today of all the hotels, rates and conviences if at all possible, then everyone can make a choice and we'll get it setup.

The Ramada and Marriott have Sports Bars, the Hilton has a resteraunt and bar also, but their rooms are over $100.00 a night. Know more this afternoon.

Also keeping in mind one key factor, how far are they from Hooter's. I mean we have to keep our priorities straight here.

Last edited:
ccfeyh said:
Well, first blush seems to favor the Hilton Garden Inn, everything is brand new completely remodeled, rooms are all doubles, free breakfast coupons for $69.99 a night. That's if we are looking at price.

I'll have a complete listing later today of all the hotels, rates and conviences if at all possible, then everyone can make a choice and we'll get it setup.

The Ramada and Marriott have Sports Bars, the Hilton has a resteraunt and bar also, but their rooms are over $100.00 a night. Know more this afternoon.

Also keeping in mind one key factor, how far are they from Hooter's. I mean we have to keep our priorities straight here.

No shortage of Hooters in Sac town... I have been to two of them and I pretty sure there is a third. Maybe after you get all the rates we can put up a poll to see where everybody wants to stay and roll with it.

Ok, guys, out of all the places we called, I boiled it down to 4 places. I don't know if any of you have ever stayed at a Doubletree, but they are one of the best hotels I've stayed in and they are consistant everywhere you go, plus they are the closest to Hooter's:rock: . But here's a list, maybe we can get someone to make a poll and vote on choices.

Radisson $99.00 Crocadile Lounge, 3 resturants 600 parking spaces 2 miles to Hooter's

500 Leisure Lane, Sacramento, Calif 95815
Phone: 916-922-2020
http://www.radissonsac.com/

DoubleTree $114.00 Resturant, Sports Bar SECURED PARKING 1 Mile to Hooter's

Awesome beds and even better Chocolate Chip Cookies
2001 Point West Way, Sacramento, Calif 95815
Phone: 916-929-8855
http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/RLSA-DT-Doubletree-Hotel-Sacramento-California/index.do

Hilton Garden $69.00 Free Breakfast Coupons, Bar Resturant 5 miles to Hooter's

2450 Venture Oaks Way, Sacramento Calif 95833
Phone: 916-568-5400
http://www.hiltongardeninn.com/en/gi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=SMFSNGI

Marriott $139.00 Resturant, lounge, Starbucks 6 miles to Hooter's

4422 Y Street, Sacramento Calif 95817
Phone: 916-455-6800
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/saccy-courtyard-sacramento-midtown/

IMO... we have a bunch of members spending a good amount of $$$ driving over 1000 miles to come to this g2g. The cheaper the better;) but it doesn't really matter to me

another thing to consider is how far from the track we'll be, i think the track itself is in rancho cordova, not familar with the area enought to know how far that is from sacramento

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back