SALES PEOPLE SUCK!!!!

BAD-RC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stopped in at a local chevy dealership today to look at a truck they just got on the lot. Its a 2005 SRT 10 quad cab in black. so I pull up and get out of my SRT 10 to look at the truck. The salesman comes over as I'm assesing the exterior and introduces him self. I tell him the truck looks ok but if he had the keys I wanted to check it out in side. The first words out of his mouth is "I can't let you test drive it" I told him whoa whoa whoa wait a minute. do you expect me to purchase this truck without even a test drive? he replied "no you don't have to purchase it but I have to get you approved for finacing first because it is what it is". I told him dude I drove one with a few mods in here today and drive it whenever I please and you wont let me take this bone stock qc for a drive. He replied with "I'm sorry thats how it is when you have a truck with this much power on the lot". I told him that he could keep his truck I'm no longer intersted in any part of the dealership and left the lot sideways. I BELIVE SALESMEN KILL THE AUTO INDUSTRY.

He should have offered you to drive it as long as he rode along. What the hell? Maybe he wants to keep it for advertising purposes.

Man carmax let me take the truck out without anything, And dodge dealer around here has a srt-6 that he was going to let my girl take out ?????? Thats odd

I actually bought mine without ever driving it but the dealership owner wouldn't even let the salesman drive the truck. I really didn't care as I have been in the used auto industry before and knew the truck I bought was superb. I did have them write the contract so I could return the truck if I wasn't happy.
I'm not taking up for them. They should have had you on the road. You would've probably owned it by now if they had a decent salesman.

my good friend is a salesman at the local ford dealership........

he is a dick:D

another good friend is an owner of a dodge dealership...........

he also is a dick:D

no I wouldn't be driving that truck any ways the bed was scratched all up all but one wheel was curbed and it had like 32-35 k on miles and I think they still wanted lik 28 or 29 for it. Oh and get this he told me the price was pretty firm and the truck market wasn't that bad any more. wtf???:confused:
Just wanted to see what it was like to drive a "family truck" if I ever needed one

Stinker said:
my good friend is a salesman at the local ford dealership........

he is a dick:D

another good friend is an owner of a dodge dealership...........

he also is a dick:D
Then you are in good company Bwhahhahahahahahahahahahah:p :D ;) :marchmellow:

Damn he should look at ebay's prices for the trucks, He will die when he sees that. i paid 20k flat for mine with 39xxx, had exhaust and line-x in it.

When I got mine, they let me take it for the rest of the day and that night. This was without going through any credit check or giving any info besides my license. :rock: The truck had 5300 miles on it at that time.

Funny I had a similar experience at planet dodge. He was like I can't test drive. After I told him I'm interested between this and a Harley f150, then hesaid hold on a min. Came back with license plate and said hop in. Took it around the block and let me drive. My mind was made up from that point forward. He ended being up pretty cool!

i bought mine sight unseen...actually the wife went to the dealership put down some money on it and then they drove it over to the house the next day (40 miles) and took care of the final transaction. i was offshore at the time.

BAD-RC said:
no I wouldn't be driving that truck any ways the bed was scratched all up all but one wheel was curbed and it had like 32-35 k on miles and I think they still wanted lik 28 or 29 for it. Oh and get this he told me the price was pretty firm and the truck market wasn't that bad any more. wtf???:confused:
Just wanted to see what it was like to drive a "family truck" if I ever needed one
He did the right thing, us salesmen can tell when you are not a real buyer. OK, I know, I am a dick:D :D :D :D

Dealership I bought my 10 from was the coolest buying experience I was ever involved in...After they knew I was interested and drove 2hrs to get there, they threw me the keys and said have at it:rock: :rock: ...That was after getting her out of the showroom:D Hollern and sons Dodge. I believe they didn't make the cut when all the dealerships closed a while back:mad: .. Damn shame.

When i was looking for an SRT10, i spotted a used black RC at a local Benz dealer when i took my girlfriend's car in for service...I asked to drive it and they said "no way, unless you put a large deposit down." :mad: I was like WTF, ok...they were total dicks about it.:dontknow: Going on about how "nobody is driving that truck unless they buy it" and every "punk kid" has asked to drive it. I told the manager i'm no punk i'm a 35 year old guy that, if i liked the truck, i would buy it that day. Still no luck.
After the benz was serviced, i went home, grabbed my GSXR 1000, rode to my local Dodge dealer, who i know just got in a CE, and traded the bike in, and drove out in CE #19 an hour later. My first stop was at the Benz dealer to show the dickheads my new truck:D The looks i got were priceless...

I called the next day to complain about this to the owner...he did not seem happy about the whole thing and asked what he could do. I told him it was too late, i bought a new one. Dealers are dicks sometimes.

i test drove mine on two separate occasions before i bought it and the saleswoman was really cool and it probably helped that i flirted with her a little bit:D

FastSRT19 said:
When i was looking for an SRT10, i spotted a used black RC at a local Benz dealer when i took my girlfriend's car in for service...I asked to drive it and they said "no way, unless you put a large deposit down." :mad: I was like WTF, ok...they were total dicks about it.:dontknow: Going on about how "nobody is driving that truck unless they buy it" and every "punk kid" has asked to drive it. I told the manager i'm no punk i'm a 35 year old guy that, if i liked the truck, i would buy it that day. Still no luck.
After the benz was serviced, i went home, grabbed my GSXR 1000, rode to my local Dodge dealer, who i know just got in a CE, and traded the bike in, and drove out in CE #19 an hour later. My first stop was at the Benz dealer to show the dickheads my new truck:D The looks i got were priceless...

I called the next day to complain about this to the owner...he did not seem happy about the whole thing and asked what he could do. I told him it was too late, i bought a new one. Dealers are dicks sometimes.
Some of those tool bag salesmen couldn't get laid in a whore house with a fist full of 100$ dollar bills let alone sell cars

i drove one at carmax....no problems...you can drive anything there...cts-v, srt8 cherokee, hemi qc, porsche cayenne s, preludes, camaros, audis, vw's, all they need is a story of hope;) when i got to the dealer dead set on a 4x4 hemi...the dude literally came running out and says..check this "thing" we just got in on a trade...(although he didn't know shit about it except that it had a viper motor)..we went and drove it in about 5 mins....no deposit, no license copy, no proof of damn insurance!...and i bought it...haha...and i don't regret a minute of it:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back