SALES PEOPLE SUCK!!!!

i never step onto a lot without knowing ahead of time what a vehicle is worth, the internet is your friend..... i always come in with a printout &/or the kelly blue book value & always debate price of the vehicle - not "what i can afford per month"......;)
if they are taking too long or won't meet you on price, hit them with the name of another local dealer you want to visit first - they don't want you to ever leave....:)

lastly remember, dealers/salesman aren't your friends & won't remember you once the deal is done...... so get them for invoice on new & as close as possible to wholesale on used & don't be afraid to walk. :D

includemeout said:
Some years ago wifey wanted a Volkswagen Scirocco soooooooo I packed my ice box( knowing this would be an all day battle with the sales people)
and off we went.
Sure enough, a few hours of bartering later we arrived at a price,but, they would not put it on paper unless we bought it right then using their financing.

Well I was fed up so i told the idjut( sales manager ) to forget it we would just go to Walters and by a Mercedes........the idjut manager finally agreed to put it all on paper,( a firm agreed price) but said he could not be sure that car would be there when we got back from the bank ( we had beaten the jackass down to a real good price by then) soooooooooooooooo
I said "the signs outside says you take Visa ,MC, Etc. and he replied they did :D ( with a weird look on his face) cause most of the time I look like a bum. hehehe
Well, when I whipped out my card and said I'll take it he almost passed out:rock: I will have to verify this card you know , he said, and left for a minute. He came back looking bewildered and said" not many people can buy a car with a credit card" and begrudgingly gave me the papers to sign. We did , got in the car and left. He was shaking his head LOL

We had done our homework and got a really (near cost) price and because of the runaround he now had to choke down the Credit Card fees ( paid the card off the next day) and I am sure they lost money on the deal!!!!!:rock:

Try it some time they almost collapse :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I did almost the same thing at an Easyriders store in North Carolina back in 2000.I was with a friend and just looking around and just fell in love with a Titan Phoenix.All I had was the plastic and he verified it and got me tags and everything .Then as I was leaving I asked if he did these type of sales often and he says, "No.Why?".And I say "Well you haven't seen any identification,for all you know I killed the guy it belonged to and stole it."
The look he gave me was priceless. :D

Just shows that even biker scum might have good credit and you just can't judge a book by it's cover.:D

moparracing said:
lastly remember, dealers/salesman aren't your friends & won't remember you once the deal is done...... so get them for invoice on new & as close as possible to wholesale on used & don't be afraid to walk. :D
that's why you go to carmax. They all make the Same commission! Not to mention it was the best buying experience I have ever had out of 6 cars I owned! I bought my truck unseen not even having pictures of it, I just knew I wanted it and trusted them!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back