sct arrived with problems

silverqc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finnaly got my tuner in on saturday was excited to see how it works.. very easy to install and after install truck seemed to run great,smoother idle no popping and pulls hard as helll.. but then i see i have no gas guage reads empty and computer up top reads a -. i call monday and i am told to email some guy at sct ...well i am still waiting for a reply...anybody else have this problem when talking to marty he said one other truck had the same issues. have called marty back but i get no answer ..do i box it back up send it back for refund and go with the roe deal cause of the lack of service..how long did it take for you guys to get updates and fixes ..thanks trey

yes no problems with stock tune... but i could not believe how shitty it runs on the stock program idle rough popping so much smoother with sct in it but no gas guage

The problems i had with mine........
1) ABS Light came on......Went of after drove it a few miles
2) Motor Pings around 3300 RPMs on both 91 and 93 ocatane settings.

I called marty and in two days had my new tune. now I am trying to figure out how to download the tune to my tuner.......??

I hope you figure it out man.

I went with the Roe GB. I ordered on 3-25 and received the tuner on 3-28. i went with roe b/c of problems with the tunes and customer service issues that have crept up with krc, they seem swamped and im sure in time they will get to everyone. i am installing my tstat tomorrow morning and will then load my tunes. i run 93 octane, but was told by roe to load 91 first to see how she runs if no pinging move up to 93. i will definitely post results.

No refunds on the SCT from KRC. It is stated right on the website. You can get a partial refund on the tune. My truck had problems also that was never figured out?????

I ended up buying a tune from Roe. I will try that one tomorrow.

all I will say is Roe's service is above par, bar none:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Marty hasnt been on here too much since the group buy:dontknow:

If he is swamped he should post that he is and apologize for the delays, that is just my 2 cents which isnt too much:D :D

i went with a B&G sct and tune ,,, with no probs,,i bought it on a saturday and received it on the next thursday

got hold of sct direct have to get info on my truck info on the tune and info on the tuner..we will see how it goes.. and stinker your .02 cents is worth more than you think . was adden up how much krc made off just 20 tuners wow and they cant slow down enough to help... will contact roe for a tune after i get my problems lined out...

to be honest i dont know how long it took to get it after i paid for it 5 maybe 6 weeks..it was billed the day i ordered

GriffsSRT said:
The problems i had with mine........
1) ABS Light came on......Went of after drove it a few miles
2) Motor Pings around 3300 RPMs on both 91 and 93 ocatane settings.

I called marty and in two days had my new tune. now I am trying to figure out how to download the tune to my tuner.......??

I hope you figure it out man.

To DL the new tune,I went to the SCT website and it walks you through it,Then take the new tune and drag and drop new tune and then DL into tuner.Hopefuly that helps you.

Just Talked W/Marty

silverqc said:
to be honest i dont know how long it took to get it after i paid for it 5 maybe 6 weeks..it was billed the day i ordered

Just spoke to marty, he is supposed to be sending mine tomorrow.

Ment to tell him but forgot, I heard if you use a non loading dyno which
doesn't take account of the weight of the vehicle, to make a performance tune, problems with pre-ignition can occur.

supercar1of1 said:
Just spoke to marty, he is supposed to be sending mine tomorrow.

Ment to tell him but forgot, I heard if you use a non loading dyno which
doesn't take account of the weight of the vehicle, to make a performance tune, problems with pre-ignition can occur.
that would be something he should know

rreinicherr said:
No refunds on the SCT from KRC. It is stated right on the website. You can get a partial refund on the tune. My truck had problems also that was never figured out?????

I ended up buying a tune from Roe. I will try that one tomorrow.

as long as you paid with a credit card, the charges can be removed due to product not recieved, regardless of terms;)

called sct tech guy he says nothing he can do cause of the custom tune program call krc and marty not available so....guess its time to roll one and calm down

silverqc said:
called sct tech guy he says nothing he can do cause of the custom tune program call krc and marty not available so....guess its time to roll one and calm down
Sounds good!:D You'll get it all fixed up when Marty gets with you.:bebored: At least you didn't step on your plug and break it like I did.:mad::eek: I had to send my tuner into SCT for repair. Which stopped me from playing for two weeks.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back