sct arrived with problems

I need your serial number to send an update, SCT forwarded your issue back to me to have you load another file. I am on the dyno and cannot be at the shop constantly. You need to leave a important message -with your name- with the office folks at KRC. Levi has no messages from you as of this minute.
If your initials are TS, then I did speak with you and told you what needed to be done, SCT wants me to troubleshoot it though. Send me your serial number off the back and we can be done with this in 10 minutes.

try sending him a stock file from your PC and see what happens.

Dave Seidel

www.sctflash.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, April 28, 2008 11:15 AM
To: Dave Seidel
Subject: sct fix for dead gas guage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: [email protected]
Sent: 4/28/2008 10:03:34 A.M. Central Daylight Time
Subj: (no subject)

hey Dave I got a tuner for my 05 srt 10 quad from marty over the weekend. the problem i am having is when flash is installed my gas gauge dose not work and marty said this happened to one other truck.. so with that being said i need you to help me out with a fix. marty said you were the man and could send me everything i need to fix this problem. thanks again for your help trey

This is all I have recieved, there are no messages from you at the shop. No offence guys, but you guys are beatin me up everytime I am not in the shop! I am stuck on the dyno with a problem truck and someone called to tell me to check the forum, which I checked at noon! No PM's either!
Send me you serial and I will send the cal FAST to you.

i did call you and talked to you and you told me to send that guy an e mail and i did so .....and nothing was sent back to me.called sct they told me to call the place that i bought it from . have called krc and got no answer 2 times did talk to levi the third time he was sorry and felt my pain but he said you were busy didnt ask me for anything but trust me i did explain everything to him.... my point is i need a fix if i have to pay someone else to do it for me.. ill send you the info and hope for the best

I'm a field tuner for KRC. Send me an email at [email protected] with your pcm p/n and serial # of the xcal and I'll get you an SCT stock file to try. SCT believes they have an updated file in their library so they want to check it. If it works fine, we'll rewrite your tune in the updated library file. If it doesn't, SCT will eval it.

nothing worst than a high price item and no customer service,,you sure this aint a ford dealership

:rock: Hang-in-there guy's...they work! Never heard of the gas/gauge thingy :dontknow:
I do know that my tuner had to mess with there soft- ware a little before she was ready for the Truck.........:nurse:
Don't forget that 3/mos. ago none of this was even possible with our V-10's, this is all new stuff! :elefant:

375010.jpg

Quick

This is what was making me hesitant in joining on this group buy arrangement. I don't need the headaches. I'm sure Marty is swamped with work and will get around to addressing issues.. I read it over and over from peeps that received theirs and are happy with the tune. However, the fact here is members are being charged the same day they order and I see a lot of issues emerging after the install. After waiting for weeks they receive a device that doesn't work like it should...? Then no quick responses offering a solution… The frustration here remains with the customer because, although I am not sure how much one of these things cost, I'm certain it's a substantial amount that hurts to let go of (especially when it's money earned from hard work). Really, time should be taken to address issues for people that paid money for a service they are expecting.... period. If the work can’t be handled then the funds should not have been so quickly collected.

Now I will wait to see what transpires next. Before purchasing I have to SEE which vendor delivers according to speed, reliability and customer service. Trey, I hope all works out for you bro. I know you bust your azz daily for your cash. You deserve something that's was working coming out the box.

Ironhead said:
nothing worst than a high price item and no customer service,,you sure this aint a ford dealership

Kinda out of line Ironhead. I have seen a lot of responses to the issue at hand. No need to add fuel to the fire.

Wil

i got the file that was sent now i have to figure out how to put it on the box
never easy ..i do good just to post

Venom Power said:
Now I will wait to see what transpires next. Before purchasing I have to SEE which vendor delivers according to speed, reliability and customer service. Trey, I hope all works out for you bro. I know you bust your azz daily for your cash. You deserve something that's was working coming out the box

Well there is plenty of work to go around with the few "people" tuners out there. We sold close to 80 tuners in the group buy. I feel pretty good that there were only a few customers that had some tuning issues. SCT is new to the Dodge field and I think their success rate far exceeds the issues that have arisen.

I understand the frustration with the lack of responses to questions. The positive thing here is Trey is tearing up the streets with the tuner and isn't sitting dead due to a fried pcm. The gas gauge issue will get worked out.

Last edited:
Venom Power said:
This is what was making me hesitant in joining on this group buy arrangement. I don't need the headaches. I'm sure Marty is swamped with work and will get around to addressing issues.. I read it over and over from peeps that received theirs and are happy with the tune. However, the fact here is members are being charged the same day they order and I see a lot of issues emerging after the install. After waiting for weeks they receive a device that doesn't work like it should...? Then no quick responses offering a solution… The frustration here remains with the customer because, although I am not sure how much one of these things cost, I'm certain it's a substantial amount that hurts to let go of (especially when it's money earned from hard work). Really, time should be taken to address issues for people that paid money for a service they are expecting.... period. If the work can’t be handled then the funds should not have been so quickly collected.

Now I will wait to see what transpires next. Before purchasing I have to SEE which vendor delivers according to speed, reliability and customer service. Trey, I hope all works out for you bro. I know you bust your azz daily for your cash. You deserve something that's was working coming out the box.

Tough call Anthony.

As a business person myself, I would be a little concerned order 20 - 30 widgets and not know if the customer's funds are available, but on the other hand being billed and having to wait an extended amount of time for something to be shipped is difficult to handle too.

As of support, I haven't had a chance to go over the complaints but it is something that any new product will have it's difficulties.

The programmers for the HEMI's took a while to get their bugs out of the system also.

Just my thoughts.

Wil

Guy's it was a group buy that was extended beyond the first timeslot, you have to pay up front for me to buy that many tuners at one time.

Ironhead, you sure have a lot of negative things to say about me, especially when you do not even know me.

But I will say this again, call me and if I am not there, leave a detailed message and I will get back to you.

silverqc said:
i got the file that was sent now i have to figure out how to put it on the box
never easy ..i do good just to post

The tune loading instructions are on the site but I emailed you the steps.

Marty
I PM'd the Dyno sheet you requested yesterday. If ya need anything else let me know ........ Thanks for your help!

Jim

You are missing a digit, please re -email

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back