Second Thoughts about Supercharger

Nowwhat said:
as far as cylinder pressure is concerned the stockers will hold plenty as long as you don't have detonation....detonation increases the pressure by 400%...

All in the Tune...

For detonation thats where the meth injection comes into play as well right?

Nowwhat said:
Nah,.....:D ..I am just going direct port nitrous for the cooling effect............

then you have the small percentage that are in denil..and i dont mean the river.....

I've got ~20,000 miles on my paxton truck. No major problems, just little things like FMU went out and VEC is being changed out. Deffinately take it to a good tuner. Boomer did mine, I towed 7+ hrs to get there and it was well worth it.

I think Im gonna lose my VEC too...but the guy at the shop cant tune the split second....well...cant tune the VEC either it looks like....:(

Blakewilder said:
I think Im gonna lose my VEC too...but the guy at the shop cant tune the split second....well...cant tune the VEC either it looks like....:(

No kidding man. I'd be taking this past one out of his ass.:mad:

Stinker said:
well someone has to build something to beat mine, no-one has yet!LOLOL:D

Shit, I havent seen a dyno run or a time slip. Your just scarying people away with your pretty blue filters :D :aetsch:

Right now I think my expedition is faster than your truck :hahaha:

I'm a fan of the N/A route...I am probably around 520rwhp right now and my truck is a daily driver.

I am not sure I have the wear with all or the patience to drive a twin turbo / S/C truck everyday without getting pissed off that I cant get any traction.

Therefore would probable drive around with drag radials just to keep myself sane ;)

Stinker said:
but dont you think the almost zero clearance is a problem? I agree for small amount of hp increase they are fine and more needs better, but I am just not a fan of the really really close tolerance, I guess it comes fromthe bikes,I like it loose?:dontknow:
its not that they have zero clearance, they just dont "grow" like forged pistons do when they heat cycle, so they can hold a tighter tolerance. heck GSXR's R1's, ZX's all have cast pistons with tight setups making more power per liter than our prehistoric Vipers, and tunring 15,000 rpm to boot!
when your forged piston motor heats up, and the piston swells, its the same clearances (if its setup properly) as a cast piston engine, 6 0f one half a dozen of another.
i wouldnt build an engine and go back with stock, but stock is just fine if your tune is right.

In a couple weeks I will be doing a comprehensive test of exactly what fails at 750+ rwhp on an all stock motor....pics to follow...

Nowwhat said:
In a couple weeks I will be doing a comprehensive test of exactly what fails at 750+ rwhp on an all stock motor....pics to follow...
thats good, that you have a scheduled explosion;) :D :rock:

BOOMER said:
thats good, that you have a scheduled explosion;) :D :rock:
Just eat some Pringles.:p

Bone said:
Just eat some Pringles.:p
thats a much more controlled explosion, nowhats is going to have FIRE:rock:
he has more than pistons to worry about, he will have rods airconditioning the block for him if he sprays it too hard;) :D

BOOMER said:
thats a much more controlled explosion, nowhats is going to have FIRE:rock:
he has more than pistons to worry about, he will have rods airconditioning the block for him if he sprays it too hard;) :D
How's that Vacation going?

Quick

QUICKSILVER said:
How's that Vacation going?

Quick
really good! its over as of today! :mad: i only had part of yesterday and today, since i was in sucky polaris dealer meetings for sunday thru yesterday. we have to fly back tommorow, dreading that already.
the cool thing is i really got to bond with my kids. i dont see them much, maybe an hour a day sometimes, and my son who is 2 1/2 and i really needed to the time to get to know eachother. so it was great for me and the kids. i also found out that my 4 year old duaghter can talk more than a cranked out meth addict dricking redbull!:p

i also found out that my 4 year old duaghter can talk more than a cranked out meth addict dricking redbull

I hear you. I got a 4 year old girl and 2 year old boy (10 days apart in June)...It's amazing the comprehension, discussion and relentless questions that a 4 year old girl has. "But why? But why, But why?"

Anyway, The thing I love about these trucks is that it is the ultimate child chariot! The kids love it! My 2 year old demands we go in "dada's cah" :rock:

Mother-in-law is not such a fan of the testing of the brake pads and acceleration. The kids grin ear to ear on the otherhand! bwahahahaha

"I love the smell of buring rubber in the morning"

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back