slippen trany

i talked to the dealer to day and they said they have put in for a new trans for my truck and they are NOT rebuilding mine....i think that is good news but who decides if i get a new one? some one higher up i think insome other place? the tec. said my trans is a total --blown....and i found out the tec. is a trans tec. not a srt tec.....i think that has something to do with not rebuliding mine and not knowing about towing ect............now its a wait and see game...

weelll today a diff. story now they say they are going to rebuild my tranny ...they said they put in for a new one but no go....its only 60% gone ...

i was in cruisin maine with my 03 hemi on 95 at the 128 speed governor when a truck cut in front of me. i slammed on the brakes, almost rolled, floored it when i hit the median, and the truck just died :dontknow: . i pulled over, let it cool and fired it up. the trans only had 2nd and 3rd. long story short no dealer up there would fix it so i drove back to jersey with the o/d off at 4,000 rpms. when the dealer called and said i could bring it in, i picked up my friend, asked him if he wanted to see something cool. then i proceded turn the o/d on (which made it act like it was in neutral) just before i hit the dealer, and floored it. it reved to 6200rpms and then it went BANG and all that was left was 2nd. when they pulled it in the shop they didnt realize there wasnt any reverse and had to push it in lol. in the end i ended up with a crate trans at 69,000 miles:rock: . yep

Stinker said:
damn tellem to give ya 5 minutes on the back lot and ya could make it 90% for em:D
i wish i would have know that there is a % that is a cut off.....i would have done things a little diff. (they said 70% blown for it to be replaced and get a new one.....)they say mine is 60% bad.....

its exactly the same as insurance companies. if your car is 70% wrecked its totaled. anything under that and they fix it. you probably didnt break a lot of hard parts so it was cheaper to fix it then change it

Stanimal said:
its exactly the same as insurance companies. if your car is 70% wrecked its totaled. anything under that and they fix it. you probably didnt break a lot of hard parts so it was cheaper to fix it then change it
yea they said front pump and bands and some other small stuff...........i don't know who figures out the % when they pulled out my tranny and took it apart the tec. was showing the bad things to me and to me it looks like moore than 60%. the housing and other metal parts where o k .............it just cooked.....i could smell the burnt order ....(strong).....(but every part on the inside was toast.)

thats kooo my dealer is ok i few days ago i lost one of my side bumber the piece that goes between the bed n door it jsut feel of the day i toke it the dealer i made a complain about it n they told me they would take care of it
were also koo with the service manager there known him for a while now

well i can't under stand the workers that work at the dealership today they told me the parts are on back order:dontknow: i think this is going to be rough a no win thing....they have had my truck for 8days now:confused:

There are two problems, first the dealership techs can only order parts from dodge, therefore the parts have to come from the factory, where their supply of parts are being used in new trucks aswell as rebuilds. Second dealerships since they started their Service Replacement Transmission Assembly programs (nicknamed SRTA), transmission techs do not do alot of rebuilding themselves, instead they sell complete exchanges. So now you have a Technician who has not done this as often as independent shop such as us and suncoast, therefore they require more time to do the job.

they said today that it will take 3 moore working days before my parts are here.... does aneybody know if dodge makes eney type of a upgrade for the 48re tranny??

I haven't heard of any. Ask Patrick at Avondale.

As said before, there are a couple of good, inexpensive aftermarket kits. There is no way, well almost no way, your Dodge dealer would know about the kits. They would have to really break down the tranny and understand the difference of the parts.

Bone said:
I haven't heard of any. Ask Patrick at Avondale.

As said before, there are a couple of good, inexpensive aftermarket kits. There is no way, well almost no way, your Dodge dealer would know about the kits. They would have to really break down the tranny and understand the difference of the parts.
thanks for the info........i looked on dodges web site and could not find eneything...i was told by someone at another web site that they make a tow pak. upgrade and thats it.i was just looking to do something to upgrade the tranny while its a part and they said thay will do what ever dodge sells and do it for free but i think the tec. was just yanking my chain...when i get the truck back i'll have to do a after mrkt. upgrade(shift kit)...

fast fred said:
thanks for the info........i looked on dodges web site and could not find eneything...i was told by someone at another web site that they make a tow pak. upgrade and thats it.i was just looking to do something to upgrade the tranny while its a part and they said thay will do what ever dodge sells and do it for free but i think the tec. was just yanking my chain...when i get the truck back i'll have to do a after mrkt. upgrade(shift kit)...

That's interesting. I wonder if the trucks equipped with the tow package have a beefier tranny?

update.....they now say bans on back order and thay have no idea when they will be in:dontknow: :mad: (they gave me a loner 2007 chev. pickup.... can you beleave them a chevy?????)now have had my truck going on 13days:(

update...dodge called me today to say the amazing words ("your parts are in")so he says it will be ready friday at 5pm:dontknow: ....only took them 16days:confused:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back