SMOKED A KATANA 750!!!

1badnightrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cruzzin up I-85 north right outa newnan when i see this bike zipping in and outa traffic, atfirst i thought this dude is in a hurry, but that wasn't the case, he was racing his buddy in a R/T charger!! and he had the charger by a good shot. so by the time he caught up with me we were coming in to some heavy traffic. I noticed that not only was he racing a charger but he had an 350z turbo that he was giving a fit also !!! so as i'm going thourgh the bike rolls up on my right side and tells me to get over in th right lane so him and the two cars can get in the far left lanes and get it on!!
so when the lanes open up they shot to the far left lanes, and the the bike , the R/T charger, and the 350z took off, i was already in 2nd gear so i wanted to get it on some fun!!!! so when we hit the charger and the 350z turbo was a close run ( from what i could see ) but me and the bike were gone!!!!!!!
people can say what the want about these 5000 pound bricks but these bricks got some power on topend!!! the faster we went the more i pulled on the 750 KATANNA!!!! I DON'T MEAN TO BRAGG, WELL YES I DO, I SMOKED HIS ASS!!! BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

:bs:

I'm confused, I was under the impression that these trucks hardley ever got into the 10s in the quarter because they are so heavy and shaped like a brick, yet every couple of months I hear of someone smoking a 600cc plus crotch rocket. Was this race in a magical place where power and weight ratios don't matter?
As someone who has owned all of the above (not a Katana - but multiple crotch rockets) - I'm calling bullshit! Sorry, not nay saying - don't believe it.

Last edited:
Fit95 said:

I'm confused, I was under the impression that these trucks hardley ever got into the 10s in the quarter because they are so heavy and shaped like a brick, yet every couple of months I hear of someone smoking a 600cc plus crotch rocket. Was this race in a magical place where power and weight ratios don't matter?
As someone who has owned all of the above (not a Katana - but multiple crotch rockets) - I'm calling bullshit! Sorry, not nay saying - don't believe it.

:dito: Was the guy on the bike riding backwards? ;)

If he was killing the R/T and the Z, and you killed all three??? :confused: :dontknow:

ive gotta call bs as well. as an owner of both a srt-10 isnt even close to a 750 bike, or even a 600 for that matter. the power to weight ratio is not even close between the two. unless the guy on the bike was a total squid and dint know where the trottle was im thinking this is a far fetched kill. made for good reading tho!

Fit95 said:

The Katana never made the kind of power the GSXRs made, that plus they are over 10 years old which also means they are no where near a new crotch rocket. Also the Katanas were not geared for hi speed. That said, I still think the guy riding it didn't know how to get the most out of what he had, so I say good job.

Bill.

The Katana 750 is a fairly heavy sport-tourer, which means it makes compromises in the handling department. It does everything well, but it's not going to knock your socks off with speed like a Hayabusa, or handling and acceleration like a GSX-R. What it does have is the GSX-R 750's engine, detuned slightly for a broader torque curve, that puts out 110 horsepower, as compared to the GSX-R's 120. With 460 pounds dry weight.

:bs: :needpics:

D

Attachments

• not_this_shit_again.jpeg
    not_this_shit_again.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
BFD......I actually did smoke all of these.....:driver: :laugh: :ciao:

D

Attachments

• IMG_2851.JPG
    IMG_2851.JPG
    972.2 KB · Views: 35
Good kill brother ive done the same to a couple smaller bikes its a great feeling and way to funny when they cant figure out what happend... dont listen to the haters who obviously have no grip on reality and they always bring up some 10s 1/4 mile bullshit... when they dont realize the top speed of a lot of thoes bikes were not much over 110 to 135mph or so.... and when they get up to 80mph plus they are not that quick... etc etc.. anyway sweet kill dont let the losers like the person above me affect the good kill stories

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
dont listen to the haters who obviously have no grip on reality and they always bring up some 10s 1/4 mile bullshit... when they dont realize the top speed of a lot of thoes bikes were not much over 110 to 135mph or so.... and when they get up to 80mph plus they are not that quick... etc etc.. anyway sweet kill dont let the losers like the person above me affect the good kill stories

Staying on the throttle 'til (either) the sportbike tops out or it's rider can't take the wind sheer any longer is not a kill... It's not even a drag race....

And yes, let's absolutely ignore the documented data on 1/4 mile drag races, power to weight ratios and all manner of actual science in favor of a simple claim.... I'm a loser because I prefer proven scientific facts over exaggerated bullshit claims that no one can prove.....

Besides, streetracing is illegal and extremely fkn dangerous..... Grow up, wise up and you might live to tell another lie...

The simple act of passing another vehicle does NOT always constitute a kill... :bs:

D

Last edited:
SRT10VENOMOUS said:
we have a history that u dont knwo about .. so it is called for... been arguing with this roundmouth for 3+ years

I guess I'll just sit back and enjoy the show then!

LOL who has that sig that talks about the retard olympics and arguing on the internet??

There's really no point... you know it's gonna get deleted, and your probably gonna hear it from the Mods:dontknow:

Can't we all just get along:eek:

LoveThisTruck said:
LOL who has that sig that talks about the retard olympics and arguing on the internet??

There's really no point... you know it's gonna get deleted, and your probably gonna hear it from the Mods:dontknow:

I dig smart people..:rock:

1badnightrunner

not to ba a pain in the ass or beat a dead horse but how fast were you guys going when you were leaving the R/T, the turbo 350 and the 750 Katana. That might clear a lot up for those of us that called BS. Just a question - not trying to rile anyone up.

LoveThisTruck said:

I've had entire posts deleted for simply saying "grow the fk up"... Perhaps the mods or admins are away.

But, I'm not going to stoop to his level... He has no basis for a real discussion so he has to resort to that kind'a shit......

Enough said............

D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back