Sneak peak

New hood

Wow that look is killer,I like the idea of temp drop,$$$$ needs keep me from mods ...... soon:D

I'll post more pics this coming week. Thanks again for all the compliments.

The hood looks great,:rock:
I can't wait for mine to be done,It will be about 4 months(if ever).:dontknow:
The clearance,weight and heat extraction are great plus's.I guess I will get to see it on the 17th.:D

Begood said:
Whom ever is making this hood, can they make more?

Bill.

I supplied (AAR fiberglass)with a Mamba hood I had with the idea of mass producing these,But it seems it is way too much work???I was told that if mine is done it will be the last.Otherwise George's hood is the last one available from them.(Looks killer don't it)
Thanks to sixpack(Dennis) for hooking us up...:rock:

1qksrt said:
I supplied (AAR fiberglass)with a Mamba hood I had with the idea of mass producing these,But it seems it is way too much work???I was told that if mine is done it will be the last.Otherwise George's hood is the last one available from them.(Looks killer don't it)
Thanks to sixpack(Dennis) for hooking us up...:rock:

can they make one with the larger scoup and no vents

Wholly Chitt George,that looks sooooo Sinister all Black like that !!!! I have to say,the scoop/cowl looks raised as others have said !!! Ya got my seal of approval !!!! As for me getting pissed,oh hellll no !!! I had the idea a few years ago and managed to get someone to build on my idea (just like my rear exhaust panel),if someone else likes it enough to do it,then I'm happy to share !!I too can't waite 'till Friday to see that badd boy in person !!!!
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Last edited:
Bad ass viper ram hood

previsouly posted by vtcoa member, make a master mold of this hood,could be very lucrative,I would buy one not only for looks, for heat escape!!

Thanks Dennis for sharing the information and resources that made it possible. I'm extremely happy with the outcome. I look forward to Friday.

That looks great. I can't wait to see that in person. :rock:

Wish I could Larry. That would be a drive for me with no vacation time left.

There was a time when every hot rod had louvers in their hoods...every machine shop had a press cutter that would do the job...I wonder if it would be possible for a fabrication shop to take this approach rather than insert the Viper units...

It does look KILLER...and should be functional...those vents plus coated headers should yield more than a 100 degree decrease in under-hood temps and consequent lower intake temps which would allow for adding a few degrees of timing and a consequent increase in power!

I sure would be interested in this guys. Where in FL did you guys have the work done. Looks AMAZING!!

Prof said:
It does look KILLER...and should be functional...those vents plus coated headers should yield more than a 100 degree decrease in under-hood temps and consequent lower intake temps which would allow for adding a few degrees of timing and a consequent increase in power!

Uh, not really.

A drop in under-hood temps does not necessarily equate to much of a drop in IAT's, especially at speed, and certainly not with a good CAI. It would not be nearly enough to warrant bumping up the timing so much as a degree. Granted, the intake manifold and ducting would stay a tad cooler, but it's really the source of the air the engine is breathing that makes the difference. The biggest difference I would expect would be seen in stop & go traffic, but even then, I wouldn't expect it to make more than a couple of degrees difference in water or oil temps vs. a non-louvered hood.

Just my .02

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back