Spoiler for Tonneau Cover

labontecsi said:
That tonneau is an aftermarket unit. A factory 2 or 3 post wing will need to be modified to fit.

You made a good point b/c I actually really took a look at the stock srt-10 and saw that my tonneau cover wasn't really a match. So, does anyone have a suggestion on what I should do. :confused: Think I can sell the one I have or what? I prefer the look of the tonneau cover that you posted.

Wifey said:
Just happen to have a 2 post mount stock wing :D

Ok, men. I am all for learning 2 post mount? 3? Not sure what that means but I does that pertain to the wing being posted on cover in 2 areas or has to have a middle area which would make it 3 post? I may have explained that poorly but please inform.

Jhazephae said:
Ok, men. I am all for learning 2 post mount? 3? Not sure what that means but I does that pertain to the wing being posted on cover in 2 areas or has to have a middle area which would make it 3 post? I may have explained that poorly but please inform.
some of the year models had a center post, the normal two post at speed have a tendency to vibrate, the newer models had a third mount in the center part of the wing dear

Ironhead said:
he wants a real wing not a shopping cart handle ,,,i just returned his pm with the pic of mine he wants ,,,:aetsch:

Sweetheart, I am a female, I don't have a "3rd leg" so please don't prefer to me as "his" and "he". :withstupid:
You know what, your a man proned to mistakes, ;) so I forgive you all ready. :knuddel: :dancing:

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
some of the year models had a center post, the normal two post at speed have a tendency to vibrate, the newer models had a third mount in the center part of the wing dear

Thanks. I read something about some of the 2005 models didn't come out with the wing due to problems with it. Though they did give $1000 off of truck if purchased new do to this. Since you explained what you meant by 2-3 posts, I would prefer a 3 mount since they felt it was necessary.

actually the 05 model thing you are refering to is the actuall toneau cover itself, at first they were offered and dodge could not deliver, so they offered either $1000 off or your could wait on your cover,

on the wing, its personal preference, some like the 06 style with the center support, some do not:)

Oh ok. So, seems like now I'm in the market for the set (tonneau cover & wing). Any suggestions, since it seems like the dealer is no help with getting the parts.

a new cover is outragous, my suggestion is keep an eye on the buy sell section for an oem one or offer a swap for yours.

the wing, contact brat, if not mistaken he has an xtra and not far from you, send him a pm, he is down in fla around the orlando/tampa area

Jhazephae said:
Oh ok. So, seems like now I'm in the market for the set (tonneau cover & wing). Any suggestions, since it seems like the dealer is no help with getting the parts.

The "new gen" wing is what was offered on the '05 Quad Cabs (like yours) with the factory tonneau cover, and the '06 (all models, because they ALL came with the factory cover). It has a center post for support and is a little bigger. The new wing "swoops" a little more than the older one. I think it's a better looking wing. :rock:

Your tonneau cover looks to be wide enough to mount a factory wing (either style).... WIFEY had her husband measure the wing she has to give you the width you would need to mount it. She said it was 65 1/2 inches wide. I would measure your cover and see if that would fit or not. ..... That would be the same size as the newer (better looking) wing, and it would fit if you have the room. :)

Here is a pic of my truck with the factory NEW GEN wing. It will give you a good idea of what it looks like. :cool:

102_0439.jpg

102_0440.jpg

102_0525.jpg

TOTM.jpg

.... Sorry... :eek: My foot slipped on that last one. ;) :D :D :D

Jhazephae said:
I'll leave the Daytona wing for the Daytona. :thumpdown: Thanks though for the suggestion. :burnout:

have you not seen Psycho Mythic srt??

daytona wing rules!!!!! :rock:

adds 100hp :D

but then again ur a lady u dont need that kind of power...... :p

Last edited:
Jazzy I would swap you my New Gen Mopar cover and three post wing for your cover and $1000.00. seriously.

Jhazephae said:
Sweetheart, I am a female, I don't have a "3rd leg" so please don't prefer to me as "his" and "he". :withstupid:
You know what, your a man proned to mistakes, ;) so I forgive you all ready. :knuddel: :dancing:

i dont read all the threads and i dont look at everyones profile to see what you are or are not ,,,not a mistake cause i have a big third leg ,,,most here are males just the facts mame,;)

My tonneau is a little wider than yours and mine just fits. I can send u a close up pic of it but it looks like you have a nicer fitting cover than I. Have fun with your new ride! Your first purchase should be a porter cable 7424xp and alot of polishing compound. Black looks beautiful but I'm 14 hours into the detail so far. I guess thats half the fun if you enjoy staring at in the garage like I do.

Black1 said:
The "new gen" wing is what was offered on the '05 Quad Cabs (like yours) with the factory tonneau cover, and the '06 (all models, because they ALL came with the factory cover). It has a center post for support and is a little bigger. The new wing "swoops" a little more than the older one. I think it's a better looking wing. :rock:

Your tonneau cover looks to be wide enough to mount a factory wing (either style).... WIFEY had her husband measure the wing she has to give you the width you would need to mount it. She said it was 65 1/2 inches wide. I would measure your cover and see if that would fit or not. ..... That would be the same size as the newer (better looking) wing, and it would fit if you have the room. :)

Here is a pic of my truck with the factory NEW GEN wing. It will give you a good idea of what it looks like. :cool:

102_0439.jpg

102_0440.jpg

102_0525.jpg

TOTM.jpg

.... Sorry... :eek: My foot slipped on that last one. ;) :D :D :D

Much better looking:D :D :D and with center support!!!!:rock: :rock: :rock:

Cruster said:
Uh, Jack, I hate to break it to ya like this, but your truck is RED.:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
Thats what they make paint for Crusty....:aetsch:

i have a black one that i have been asked about dozens of times but everyone wants it for free ,,,:aetsch: then they try to sell thier old one for the same price im selling mine:dontknow:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back