SRT8 Jeep with traction problems

CentralTexHemi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup thats right this jeep cannot hook up:D not even in 2nd gear

:rock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEyERbLAliA

Dynoed 750 RWHP, 426 Arrington, Custom YSI trim Supercharger, Paramount Performance rear, Paramouont Performance Tranny and Transfer case, Custome Penske Coil over suspension

Last edited:
I have seen a jeep with just as much power as that, Didn't do that at all, But i have seen jeeps launch and spin all 4 wheels, Kinda odd that only his rear breaks loose. but I have known guys to pull the front shaft out. anyway still badass

Definitely something up with the front diff/transfer case... It should be spinning all four wheels. Or, like others said, they took the front driveshaft off. Not sure why they would do that, other than to do burnouts. :confused: :dontknow:

The all wheel drive does not send power equally to front and back....I have seen many break the rears loose over at the SRTCONNECTION forum....but most only would spin maybe 10'........this one spinned for way more than I have seen...does look like the front may have been disengaged....that is done while dynoing..

Tell em' to put the front drive shaft back in and take it to some pavement and they'll have better luck hooking up:D

Thats still crazy bada#* though:rock:

I agree with the others,the front drive shaft has been removed or there is a fuse u can pull for when u run it on the dyno that disengages the front wheels also! I'm sure it takes alot more then 750RWHP for an AWD not to hook thats working properly!

Guy here in my area has a switch put in that turns off the AWD, just to do nice smokey burnouts like that...I'm thinking this one has a mod like that.

I would have to agree the AWD must be disabled or the front shaft gone. I can't wait to have the same problem with my Durango though.:burnout:

How are they doin 2 gear launches in a auto??? Wonder what kinda tranny and gears?

Alot of my friends have these, They can break the tires loose around turns with trac control off. these jeeps are badass. but that video just seemed to have to much power going toward the rear, tho it looked sweet rolling the smoke out all the way down.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back