started my winter project

Last night, took the grill off and removed the vinyl. Then started on the hood.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 81
worked on the hood the other night, this is all thats left to remove. still trying to decide on the new stripe layout and colors.

Attachments

• IMG_2680.JPG
    IMG_2680.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
Went thru my dads PPG paint chip color books a few weeks ago and decided on my strip color. Going with a 2008 Chrysler color, Graphite Pearl. The red drivers stripe I will do in vinyl, that way if i dont like it I can easily peel it off.

Attachments

• IMG_3197.jpg
    IMG_3197.jpg
    686.5 KB · Views: 66
I'm digging the Viper Violet Pearl.
Isn't that Graphite color kind of close to your old ones?
The green one looks cool also.

I'm digging the Viper Violet Pearl.
Isn't that Graphite color kind of close to your old ones?
The green one looks cool also.

the graphite pearl is actually darker than what my old stripes where. I wanted to stay in the same silver/gray color range as there are other silver trucks with varoius color stripes.

the graphite pearl is actually darker than what my old stripes where. I wanted to stay in the same silver/gray color range as there are other silver trucks with varoius color stripes.

I usually go for more of a contrast look. Don't think I ever seen a 10 with Viper Violet Pearl stripes. However I would never run any color offset stripe with it like you want to do.

I usually go for more of a contrast look. Don't think I ever seen a 10 with Viper Violet Pearl stripes. However I would never run any color offset stripe with it like you want to do.

What do you mean color offset stripe?

What do you mean color offset stripe?

The Viper ACR style stripe that runs over the driver side of the car or truck.
Have seen it used with other stripes or 2 tone paint schemes. Not a fan of that. Now something like a red or blue stripe on a solid black vehicle I could go for.

Took my 10 for a couple trips around the block yesterday. Still on the fence with stripe layout/style I want to put back on, but the more I look at it stripe less I kinda like it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Took my 10 for a couple trips around the block yesterday. Still on the fence with stripe layout/style I want to put back on, but the more I look at it stripe less I kinda like it.

I'm honestly fighting the same decision. I actually prefer stripe delete on most vehicles but I've just had the urge to make my 10 a little more stand-out'ish. Then I think about it and want to leave it stock looking without stripes.

Re-curved a fangs emblem to match the grill of my 10. Pretty happy with how it came out, just some minor cracking in the acrylic but chrome held up fine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 83
Re-curved a fangs emblem to match the grill of my 10. Pretty happy with how it came out, just some minor cracking in the acrylic but chrome held up fine.

I'm sure you know and didn't want to burn the money but Justin does make perfect emblems for that spot, just fyi, just in case

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back