Stock L vs Me

There is a few L's here in town and have race a few, both stock and slightly moded. They never had a chance:D

DJCHEROKEE said:
WELL 3 WEEKS AGO A RACE MY SECOND LIGHTNING ON THE HWY AROUND 3 AM ... 60 MPH PULL I LET HIM GOT THE JUMP BY THE END OF 3RD GEAR I WAS EVEN W HIM AROUND 110 I WAS LIKE 2 CARS AHEAD... BY 5TH... MMMM LIKE 3 BUSSES:D ...

A GUY AT THE TRACK WANTED TO RACE ME 2 THURSDAY AGO.. ISAY TO MY SELF.... OH HELL LETS GO FOR IT.... HIS RUN 9.1 ME 8.68 1/8 MILE.. HE SAYS HE WAS STOCK JUST EXHAUST.. IT WAS LIKE 85 TEMP. THERES WAS ANOTHER L' SAME COLOR... SAME TIMES 9.1.... SINCE THOSE KILLS.. I'M NOT SKERE LOL. TO L'S ANY MORE:D :rock:

This L wasn't black was it? Driven by an young guy?

thjones3 said:
This L wasn't black was it? Driven by an young guy?

NOP... THEY ARE BOTH GREYS... I BEEN SEING A BLACKONE RUNNING 8.0 8.1:eek: I THINK THAT GUY LIVES IN SANFORD OR ASHEBORO....VERY COOL GUY TO TALK TO..... RUN A COUPLE SRT 8'S THAT NIGHT... THE GUY W THE BLACK SRT 8 TOLD ME HE SAW A RED RC... MEYBE IT WAS YOU...:rock:

DJCHEROKEE said:
NOP... THEY ARE BOTH GREYS... I BEEN SEING A BLACKONE RUNNING 8.0 8.1:eek: I THINK THAT GUY LIVES IN SANFORD OR ASHEBORO....VERY COOL GUY TO TALK TO..... RUN A COUPLE SRT 8'S THAT NIGHT... THE GUY W THE BLACK SRT 8 TOLD ME HE SAW A RED RC... MEYBE IT WAS YOU...:rock:

I met a guy with a black one that said he was running 8.3's (probably the same guy). I saw the dude with the black SRT-8 last week driving his work truck, so yeah, that was me.

p.s. I will hopefully be back at the track next week with the N2O. All I have left to do is mount the solenoids and wire things up. :dancing:

thjones3 said:
I met a guy with a black one that said he was running 8.3's (probably the same guy). I saw the dude with the black SRT-8 last week driving his work truck, so yeah, that was me.

p.s. I will hopefully be back at the track next week with the N2O. All I have left to do is mount the solenoids and wire things up. :dancing:

well he told me he was running 8.4 8.5 ... but that night he's first passes was 8.7 8.8 we run together... he beat me for .035.. it was a close race then he start using his electric fan and he star running 8.6... the other srt8 the super bee that guy was running 9.2 9.4:dontknow: but the guy w the black srt8 told me he had a pcm stage 2 and oher mods in his car super bee was stock..... i'm coming back next week too:rock: probably thursday:rock: ..

yeah get that thing hook up and go t kick some arses at the track...:rock:

that aint cool deleating peoples comments ,, at least before i red them

All I said was that in this heat, he's got a very good chance of winning. It's true, heatsoak kills L's. I then shared a little anecdote to illustrate my point.

To whoever deleted it, maybe PM me next time? I've been around awhile now, I'm not here to just cause trouble.

/End thread hijack.

I can vouch for Rob (203Cree). I read his post before it was deleted and unless I missed something then his post should not be deleted.

203Cree said:
All I said was that in this heat, he's got a very good chance of winning. It's true, heatsoak kills L's. I then shared a little anecdote to illustrate my point.

To whoever deleted it, maybe PM me next time? I've been around awhile now, I'm not here to just cause trouble.

/End thread hijack.

goes on round here bro, dont take it to heart:D

hell I like ya, i think ya kick ass:rock:

BIG NANA said:
oooh, I would think that would be easy to whip, guess not always though

They are very cheap to mod. You got to respect the opposition. You never know what they have under the hood. I have seen some run around street racing on slicks.

Did this race ever happen?

Begood said:
There is no such thing as a stock Lightning anymore.

Bill.

Agreed.... I sold mine because I put about $1500 into it, and it SKEERD me. :D :eek:

I needed something that was more "drivable", so I got a SRT-10 QC. :dontknow: :eek: ;)

BIG NANA said:
oooh, I would think that would be easy to whip, guess not always though

Easy to say if you've never driven one, lol. :D

They'll run close with a stock RC on a cool day, and they'll pull if the RC doesn't have the driver mod.

With a good driver that can hit 3rd consistantly, then yeah, we don't fare so well. :vollkommenauf:

QC's stock for stock? Hehe, way different story. :)

203Cree said:
Easy to say if you've never driven one, lol. :D

They'll run close with a stock RC on a cool day, and they'll pull if the RC doesn't have the driver mod.

With a good driver that can hit 3rd consistantly, then yeah, we don't fare so well. :vollkommenauf:

QC's stock for stock? Hehe, way different story. :)

Gotta say I think "L"'s are bad azz, Love that S/C whine they have!!!

I RUN 2 OF THEM AT THE STRIP VERY COOL GUYS... THE OLDER GUY TOLD ME THAT HE BOUGHT THE TRUCK LIKE 3 WEEKS AGO AND WAS STOCK...
HE WAS RUNNING 9.1 9.2 AT THE 1/8... THEN I RACE THE OTHER GUY HE ALSO SAY THAT HE'S TRUCK WAS STOCK BUT HE WAS RUNNING IN THE 8.7 A HALF SECOND FASTER'S:dontknow: AND HIS TRUCK WAS VERY LOUD..... (I LOVE THE V8 SOUND) I BEAT HIM TWICE AND HE BEAT ME ON THE LAST RUN... OUR LAST RUN TIME WAS.... MY PASS 8.69 HIS PASS 8.77 TEMP. 95 F. BUT HE'S REACTION TIME WAS BETTER.:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back