Strange noise upon start up?

No More Noise

Well, I finally can start my truck without that annoying noise.
The plain ol white Mopar FE292 filter had noise, the Viper filter had noise, so now I am using the black filter that was on the truck from the factory, part #05281090. NO MORE NOISE:rock: :rock: :elefant: :elefant:

candycane184 said:
I got my Magnaflow 15980 at MagnaflowPlanet.com for $599.82 and Free Shipping. They had the best price I could find and still have a valid warranty. Heres the link http://magnaflowplanet.com/product.php?productid=6474?tw2

candycane184, Pm sent assuming these are the same ones you can get from magnaflow, but so many people got them Im sure thy are. Are these in stock and ready to ship today?

I have the magnaflow too and love it, they are cheaper on ebay but I wanted a warranty(the salt on the roads here in winter kills an exhaust) so I got it here. magnaflow 16901, or you can try one of the vendors here, they are allways runnign sales/specials. either way its a great system and very easy to install.

My truck makes the sound with K&N filter. It sounds like a supercharger winding up at first cold start. No problems, just the whine.

kennygene said:
My truck makes the sound with K&N filter. It sounds like a supercharger winding up at first cold start. No problems, just the whine.

thats one of the signs of a possibile oil pump by-pass valve prob

Oil pressure does not run high even at startup. I have had the by-pass go bad in old v8s and they would blow the filter apart after pegging the gauge. I only have the noise.

kennygene said:
Oil pressure does not run high even at startup. I have had the by-pass go bad in old v8s and they would blow the filter apart after pegging the gauge. I only have the noise.
that would be a sign the the by-pass valve had stuck closed.

ours has a prob of "shuttleing"

some oil filters cover it up & some make it worse.

next time ya start her up cold, grab an oil cooler line & see if ya can feel it vibrate.

and the updated by-pass valve increases the oil pressure

and with a set of Stinker's oil lines, you'll be good to go

:rock::rock::rock::rock:

Last edited:
I have the same magnaflow too and love it, you can usually get a used one on ebay or cragislist. I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow 15980. Also some of the forum sponsors usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.

Back