Supercharged TRD Tundra will make 504 horsepower

VNM PWRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
igh horsepower trucks have come and gone. The SVT Lightning and Ram SRT10 are but two examples, but we miss the GMC Syclone something fierce, as well. Toyota is readying its TRD supercharger for the Tundra, which should help sate those who hunger for extra horsepower in their truck. An employee of Toyota of El Monte, California and member of TundraSolutions.com revealed on his forum that TRD reps brought a Sequoia to his dealership equipped with the TRD supercharger mounted on the large SUV's 5.7-liter V8 – the same V8 in the Tundra. Not only did he say that TRD claimed a rating of 504 horsepower, an increase of 123 over the stock engine, but he also got the opportunity to ride shotgun while one of his fellow employees took it for a road test. He even brought back the above picture as proof. Visit the Tundra Solutions forum to see the details of the kit and read about the test drive.

and it comes with rice port injection....I shouldnt say that......:smokin: ........Probably is a great truck..but I'll never know..:dontknow: ;)

Saw this the other day. There also coming out with an "Ironman Iron Stewart" edition. Saw some pics of it and the new Foose F150 on pickuptruck.com tonight.

Going to be a fast truck... if you ever see a tundra fixed up, I think some of you may be impressed.

KINGMADE said:
Going to be a fast truck... if you ever see a tundra fixed up, I think some of you may be impressed.

Should make for a nice half ton tow vehicle also, 4 wheel drive, 504 hp, warranty, NICE!

Last edited:
The fact that a car maker is making a supercharger kit at all is a cool thing.

But, it doesnt matter to me how fast the truck may be...........its just not as cool as a viper truck!!! I am not a hater of non US makes......that truck is just not my bag baby!!! LOL

patrick

KINGMADE said:
Way to go man. Just read through the Tundra forum and saw how you set them straight on the kind of times the trucks can run. I thought it was funny too of the first vid they posted. I believe it was Arrest04Red?(Justin):dontknow: But his truck has some unknown goodies too.:rock:

No doubt these trucks are gonna go:burnout: But I still don't like the looks of them. Looking at the front of them reminds me of a robot on Battle Star Galactiga(sp?):D

I just don't like toyota

I want to be happy with what I drive

A toyota is like showing up for the SoCal IRONAZZ Ride with a moped

VJ

This statement cracked me up

- An RCSB Tundra is already a match for a quad cab SRT-10, so with a supercharger on the Tundra it would be no contest against any variant of the SRT-10.

and this one as well

There was an 07 SRT-10 with exhaust and intake at the track two days ago that I watched race. I was in 2wd and didn't prep my truck for racing at all (could cut about 600lbs -still had my subs, tool box, spare tire, almost full gas tank, tail gate, tires at full psi, didn't let it cool down, didn't remove my air filter, and had a passenger.) My best time was 14.6 @ 93, his best time was a 14.7 @ 93. A S/C Tundra will DESTROY an SRT-10.

I like the tundras but those guys need to get serious....

Kevan said:
Supercharged SRT-10 will make 650 horsepower.

Compare apples to apples.

hehe, having 2 more cylinders does not make it apples to apples lol. Slap it on the Hemi and make it a race.

Toyota makes some wonderful vehicles. The concept of determining the merit of a vehicle based on its country of origin is silly. Our trucks were made in Mexico. Would you say no to a Bugatti Veyron because it is not made in the US?

I have no problem with those that wish to buy American there is some value in that kind of loyalty...but "hating" because of company or country is pretty silly.

With the efforts Toyota has recently made in NASCAR and other racing circuits it is natural that some of that technology will become part of some of their production vehicles.

There was a day when no self-respecting tradesman here would have owned a Toyota truck, but look around you...they are taking a larger and larger portion of the market because they work and perform in an outstanding manner.

We will need to keep a close eye on the progress of the Toyota trucks.

Racist or not it is a uneducated one.

The truck is assembled in America. Do you know where the SRT was assembled? Mexico. Sure, Toyota is not US owned, but neither was Dodge when your truck was built.

That Toyota truck is "more american" than our trucks, like it or not.

Back on topic. The exterior of those truck actaully have some of our lines, but does not work for me. I would also lay money down on a RC SRT taking this new Tundra. Sure it is making 500ish HP, but it is a SC V8 engine. We are making our power from CID, which should translate to quicker power to the pavement, I may change that thought after I see the weight of the truck.

Last edited:
94 I personally don't care that Japan is not big enough to manufacture it's vehicles there. I also don't care that their work force is not large enough to handle their jobs in japan to support its market, which is why they are built here, well that and so people will call them american.............. I also understand that the dodge was made in Mexico as it was forced out to make itself marketable. I only care that it is American, it is part of a company that made the world a better place. And I see more benefit to my country in buy this product than a product where the profit goes to a foreign country.

How's that for un-educated :)

I am thinking of buying a 81 suzuki gs1100, does that mean I'm not a racist anymore???????????????????????

Last edited:
tidnab said:
This statement cracked me up

- An RCSB Tundra is already a match for a quad cab SRT-10, so with a supercharger on the Tundra it would be no contest against any variant of the SRT-10.

and this one as well

There was an 07 SRT-10 with exhaust and intake at the track two days ago that I watched race. I was in 2wd and didn't prep my truck for racing at all (could cut about 600lbs -still had my subs, tool box, spare tire, almost full gas tank, tail gate, tires at full psi, didn't let it cool down, didn't remove my air filter, and had a passenger.) My best time was 14.6 @ 93, his best time was a 14.7 @ 93. A S/C Tundra will DESTROY an SRT-10.

I like the tundras but those guys need to get serious....

Yeah, those are pretty good. And a "07 SRT-10" at that? I thought 06 was the last model year for the Ram SRT-10 :dontknow:

bigike said:
94 I personally don't care that Japan is not big enough to manufacture it's vehicles there. I also don't care that their work force is not large enough to handle their jobs in japan to support its market, which is why they are built here

You are aware that "Japans market" does not include big trucks? They could build them if they would sell them and be profitable, has nothing to do with their work force, it has to do with their market being small vehicles.

Your original comment about not buying "jap" made it sound like your Dodge truck is all USA, which is far from the truth, that is all I was getting at.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back