Supercharged TRD Tundra will make 504 horsepower

Marc T said:
Is that 504 RWHP or at the crank??

Crank. The stock Tundras make 385 at the crank I believe. So a 100-125
more HP gain is a reasonable gain from boost:D

Last edited:
IN Singapore I've been educated by locals that japan out sources do to its land constraints, thats why the build airports on reclaimed land. And their market is the world............ the reason they build them here now is because of the reasons stated above. So Americans will fell better about their choice and they just can't handle the demand or market.............IMO

tidnab said:
This statement cracked me up

- An RCSB Tundra is already a match for a quad cab SRT-10, so with a supercharger on the Tundra it would be no contest against any variant of the SRT-10.

and this one as well

There was an 07 SRT-10 with exhaust and intake at the track two days ago that I watched race. I was in 2wd and didn't prep my truck for racing at all (could cut about 600lbs -still had my subs, tool box, spare tire, almost full gas tank, tail gate, tires at full psi, didn't let it cool down, didn't remove my air filter, and had a passenger.) My best time was 14.6 @ 93, his best time was a 14.7 @ 93. A S/C Tundra will DESTROY an SRT-10.

I like the tundras but those guys need to get serious....

Ignorance is bliss, they are so clueless they don't even know it.

I like Toyota's though, the ones made in the 70's :D

2535492_1_full-1.jpg

As well they should, it is employing Americans. Sure you can have the arguement that if they did not sell here we would still buy trucks, and those trucks would be Dodge/Chevy/Ford and in the end the money would go to American companies and better the country as a whole. Do you know who we have to blame for this? Not Toyota, not the people who buy "non-american", but we have to blame the big 3.

Foreign car makers, like Toyota, are being smart. Rather than staying in one country, trying to figure our why their profits are tanking, they built cars that fit into/appealed to other markets and countries. They expanded and now can handle slow downs in their "home market" as they are in many markets. Meanwhile the big three were happy and content and now look at them, well at least Dodge and Ford. They are downsizing, trying to become profitable again. Downsizing to become profitable is not a sign of a strong company, it is the sign of a desperate company. They could have done the same thing as Toyota, hell way back in the hay day of the 50s, but nope. They had blinders on. When times are good you have to expand, I think the big three missed the boat and now they are sitting on a island like the dude from Cast Away.

I think Ford may have made he best attempt at foriegn sales, but their product stunk if I recall.

Damn, now I am way off topic.

Last edited:
how is it then that GM is the largest auto manufacturer (trades spot with toy), if they are not players in the world market..........

94 we just don't see it the same way, I can't see America as a better place without our industry, especially one that has done SO much for Americans. The problem was cheaper cars and in a fit to compete they stumbled. But people buying cars from foriegn held companies is not helping the situation and is without a doubt hurting........

504 HP is cool though, no matter how you slice it................. I wonder if it will be able to get threw the big iron doors before they slam shut?

bigike said:
how is it then that GM is the largest auto manufacturer (trades spot with toy), if they are not players in the world market..........

94 we just don't see it the same way, I can't see America as a better place without our industry, especially one that has done SO much for Americans. The problem was cheaper cars and in a fit to compete they stumbled. But people buying cars from foriegn held companies is not helping the situation and is without a doubt hurting........

504 HP is cool though, no matter how you slice it................. I wonder if it will be able to get threw the big iron doors before they slam shut?

When your SRT/10 was built, Dodge was built in Mexico and owned by a German company. No different than Toyota building vehicles here.

Being a patriot is fine. But one must never be blind to what is really happening.

100 percent controling stock? I'll have to look it up.............Chrysler is to me an American company with alittle help here an now.

bigike said:
94 I personally don't care that Japan is not big enough to manufacture it's vehicles there. I also don't care that their work force is not large enough to handle their jobs in japan to support its market, which is why they are built here, well that and so people will call them american

Actually. a big reason why they build in the U.S. is to avoid export restrictions, not due to land restrictions in Japan. With national loyalties aside, from a business standpoint it's really smart - they shift the assembly portion of car production to the U.S mainland and maintain back in Japan critical part manufacturing to support the assembly. In the end, they've expanded their market share by shifting production overseas and obviously providing a product consumers want.

The creation of Acura and Lexus also allowed the Japanese automakers to expand their U.S. market presence. This business acumen has pushed them ahead in the auto industry. It says alot when American car manufacturers look to the Japanese as a model.

With that said, I still wouldn't give up my SRT for a Tundra S/C or not.

Ok and that too, but of course saving money on tariffs and what not. I still stand beside my theroy that there not being one stitch of land left in japan has alot to do with production abroad......... And to make Americans feel good about buying foriegn products.

bigike said:
100 percent controling stock? I'll have to look it up.............Chrysler is to me an American company with alittle help here an now.
Dude....

DIETER ZETSCHE
WOLFGANG BERNHARD

I think we're done here.

SRTINCT said:
With that said, I still wouldn't give up my SRT for a Tundra S/C or not.
+1,000,000,000,000.

bigike said:
Ok and that too, but of course saving money on tariffs and what not. I still stand beside my theroy that there not being one stitch of land left in japan has alot to do with production abroad......... And to make Americans feel good about buying foriegn products.

People stuck with the theory that the earth was flat too, where did that get them? A little research goes a long way.

You can do the same thing with a Hemi Truck (adding a SC) and get 500HP. Not bashing on the Tundra, but what is special with the post?

# 1 The toyota is an ugly truck
# 2 If it is such a great truck why are they offering 1,000.00 back PLUS 0% financing?
# 3 Did I mention it is the ugliest full size truck built?
#4 No tree hugger should drive one because they get worse fuel mileage than Dodge or Chevy

I think its a great idea.

I still think SRT10's are the coolest trucks just because of the engine (and 6sp in a RC). The handling and breaking wont ever be as good.

From the article:
When driving the N/A 5.7L Tundra at WOT, you get the usual push into the seat. It's quite impressive and smooth. With this charger, you get that feeling for the first 1000 rpm... after that, you feel the increasing pressure against the skin on your face. It's almost as if someone is pulling your skin back (very lightly). On our test, we got the truck up a a nice __x__ mph. We didn't realize it since we were giddy as kids in a candy store; the Sequoia had quite a smooth ride.

When we finally got on the freeway, we let it loose. If anyone has driven a 400 rwhp supra, you would know the feeling: It is scary fast. Since the interchange came up so quickly, we didn't get to go too overboard with it =[

Um no, your not going to get any feeling on the skin of your face, no it wont be scary fast.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back