Swapping a Regular Cab for a Quad Cab

enforcer17

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Due some changes in our lives, I'm stuck having to get rid of the SRT-10 because of the two seat limitation (sat almost all summer). I am looking for a Quad Cab, 2005-2006. How badly should I expect to get hosed trying to do this?

If anyone out here has a low mileage Quad Cab and would be interested, let me know.

I have a QC that I really enjoy, but am considering getting a RC. My son is getting ready to start driving on his own, so toting around my family is becoming less of a concern since we have a family hauler. The sticking point is that my wife cannot drive a stick trans, and she needs to use my vehicle every now and then.

Plus... I don't want Arrest Me "red".

I think you will find the QC a different beast than your RC, but they are very good trucks and ride exceptionally well compared to any short-bed, RC truck (not talking SRT-10 RC's, just RC trucks in general).

How many miles are on your truck? Mine is a very good condition '05 with under 19k miles.

19750 miles on mine, had 9000 when I bought it last year in April. Great truck, hate to give it up but I need the extra seating capacity.

enforcer17 said:
19750 miles on mine, had 9000 when I bought it last year in April. Great truck, hate to give it up but I need the extra seating capacity.

And that's precisely the reason I sold my Lightning to my son and bought a QC Ram in the first place. I've had my QC for ~21 months (bought it with 6100 miles on it), and it has been a great truck. If you need the seats, then go for it. You will enjoy the truck... but you'll miss the handling and sportier version of the SC and the QC is a little slower, I know.

I decided I would at least still have the fun factor of sporty truck over say a sedan, these trucks are pretty unique, wish I could keep this one and get a Quad Cab too.

Make sure to get the free subscription that comes with the QCs....

whippedmag.jpg

Actually its my choice, I prefer to have something I can use often than something that sits in a garage, making payments and rarely have the time to use it.

enforcer17 said:
Actually its my choice, I prefer to have something I can use often than something that sits in a garage, making payments and rarely have the time to use it.

I'm just screwing with you..RC or QC a 10 is badazz...:rock:

Yeah, its all in good fun.

Any QC owners out there have a list of what to look for on the QCs when checking them out?

Oil cooler lines
Tranny lines (I believe I read this on here)
Power steering lines
What else?

Anyone try mating a 6 speed auto to their motor in their SRT-10, since the four speed seems prone to giving up?

There is a QC with a six speed out there for sale

(RC converted to a QC)

enforcer17 said:

Any QC owners out there have a list of what to look for on the QCs when checking them out?

Oil cooler lines
Power steering lines
What else?

Anyone try mating a 6 speed auto to their motor in their SRT-10, since the four speed seems prone to giving up?

If you keep the mods to a minimum (typical tune, CAI, exhaust work) and maintain the trans, the 48re will be fine. Mine shifts extremely well. I just can't see putting a 6-speed in a heavy QC.

You know , i my do it ... but im all the way up here in Canada ... and if you like a yellow fever than we maybe going to be abel to do it ...
Send me pm and lets c where r we stending witk miles and mods ... than we can talk about it ...
Ty

enforcer17 said:
Got a link?

Had one, the link has expired. I'm pretty sure I still have Sandy's email. If your really interested and she still has it, I can pass on your interest

VJ

enforcer17 said:

Oil cooler lines
Power steering lines
What else?

Don't listen to the RC guys, and don't try to change trannies. They are just jealous that the world record holder happens to be a QC.:elefant: :elefant:

I had a chance to drive a QC today and I was not thrilled when I was done. The beautiful thing about the RC is that its like a sports car in truck form, but the QC is more truck than sport.

I stopped by the local Chrysler and test drove a Challenger SRT8, that might be the choice going forward, just need to sell mine first (they want to give me $18000 for mine, what a joke).

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back