Swapping Rear Ends....

now if I can only find out how much it is going to cost to have someone open up both differentials and swap out the gears.... I am hoping it will be less than $200... but I very much doubt it....

There is no way in HELL I am going to try THAT on my own...... I know there's plenty of people on this site that have swapped theirs out, how much am I truly looking at guys????

Last edited:
Is it that you all are trying to count, and you just can't count that high???

Alright... well after a little bit of calling I finally found out my plan of attack... I found out that to swap the gears from truck to truck would cost about $500... I was then told that he could get me a set of gears and install the 4.56's on the 04 RC for the same ammount without having to take them from the quad cab... I think I will just have him find me a set and install them!

Good job dude. Who are you going to go with as your installer? I know UNIBOY here has swapped gears, I believe he used Unitrax. There is a thread about this somewhere here, if you want to look.

VipeMe said:
Alright... well after a little bit of calling I finally found out my plan of attack... I found out that to swap the gears from truck to truck would cost about $500... I was then told that he could get me a set of gears and install the 4.56's on the 04 RC for the same ammount without having to take them from the quad cab... I think I will just have him find me a set and install them!

Yes, it will cost anywhere from 400-600 to get the gears swapped...

There was one place that tried to quote me $900 to $1000... I told him he was smoking crack and that I would think about it (real hard, uh huh)

I never checked with the dealer... maybe I should check there and see what they quote me.....

HOT RAM said:
That is labor and parts ?

Labor only!!! Parts are from Unitrax which are about $400.

I checked around and could not find a single outlet that would or could install them. Talking with guys at the track, they couldnt recomend any shop!! Be thankful for having the proper shops where you live. Unitrax charges around $400 to do the install themselves. So my dealer isnt that far off.

patrick

Come on Joe get your priorities in line...back to fast cars, enough of the empire building!

Still ready to sway when you have the time.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back