Tail lights, the actual light.

Bone said:
I can ask Bob/Moe. [email protected]
He's a big supplier for the hemi guys.

He used to be a forum vendor on here, but I see now he is gone??

Hey guys, I tried these bulbs in both as 'backup lights' and tail/brake lights.
The white ones work fine as backup lights, they're bright but since they're l.e.d.s they shine straight back and not very much to the side.
I want to try the Sylvania Silverstars as backup lights, I hear they're really good.
I also tried the Plasmaglow red l.e.d.s as tail/brake lights. They instantly blow the fuse. Plasmaglow tells me that's because they need an inline resister to make them work with our trucks.
That's too much work for me.
I'll just get l.e.d. taillights one of these days.
thanks,
bob

weldedhemi said:
I also tried the Plasmaglow red l.e.d.s as tail/brake lights. They instantly blow the fuse. Plasmaglow tells me that's because they need an inline resister to make them work with our trucks.
That's too much work for me.
I'll just get l.e.d. taillights one of these days.
thanks,
bob

Good info Bob. I don't want to buy something that is going to blow my fuses.

Smokin Joe said:
A Ground sure could be the problem. I’m not sure where all the grounds are located but didn’t you have some body work done at some point I wonder if they might have left a ground loose or even off completely? I would start looking around under the hood area around the head lights, finder areas and do the wiggle test. Normally they are a green wire and bolted to places like core supports, inner fenders panels, and truck frame also check the rear area under the truck like the hitch area. They can be numerous and in a lot of different places.

Smokin Joe

No body work done yet, but this side is the same side that ate the guard rail last month. So I'm guessing something is lose somewhere. That would also explain why the light out has not been constant. Now I have to try and find the ground. Anyone out there got a wiring diagram?

Some other brands of the replacement l.e.d.s might not blow the fuses, dunno.
I am glad i could share my bad experience with you guys. LOL.

weldedhemi said:
Some other brands of the replacement l.e.d.s might not blow the fuses, dunno.
I am glad i could share my bad experience with you guys. LOL.

That is what this site is for. Well that and ........

Ok I was trying to check out the problem today and it went away. But before the problem went away I did find out that the reverse lights on the right side don't work either. I'm still looking into it.

Problem fixed. I pulled my tail light out and the connector was barely on. Thanks guys for all the help!!!

FlyingLow said:
Problem fixed. I pulled my tail light out and the connector was barely on. Thanks guys for all the help!!!

I'm surprised you didnt have a MAF written up on this thing Smoke!!:p

Good job on fixing it, now go sign of that MAF.....SIR!!!;) :D :D :D

FlyingLow said:
I have a lamp out and it is my right rear brake light. It's not out all the time, but the last 2 days it has been on everytime I hit the brakes or use the right turn signal. So I guess I need to replace the light but I was thinking of getting some brighter bulbs. I don't want a whole new tail light assembly, just some new brighter bulbs. Anyone got a recommendation?

Smoke

Edit: My problem is different then I originally thought. The right side lights are on, but dim. Both red bulbs on the right side are dimmer then the left side bulbs. Any help?

Soounds like a bad ground to me...

Since the Plasmaglow's blow fuses are there any other brand led's that will work? I'm talking about just a bulb replacement and not a whole new tail light assembly.

FlyingLow said:
Since the Plasmaglow's blow fuses are there any other brand led's that will work? I'm talking about just a bulb replacement and not a whole new tail light assembly.

I have seen some of the LED replacements in Autozone and Advanced Auto before. :dontknow: Look in the "ricer" isle. :D ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back