Thinking about buying a SRT10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptbsrt10

Reaction score
Hello to all i am new to this site. I currently am a Ford Lightning owner and have loved the truck but it time for a new toy. However i have truly used my lightning as truck. I tow my 20' ft bass boat with the truck all the time. With that being said can i tow my boat with a SRT 10 1500??? :dontknow: I am ready to pull the trigger on buying one of these trucks but if i can't tow my boat that is going to be the deal breaker. Any input someone could give would be most appreciated.

Welcome to RBC (Red Button Club). You can tow with either the RC or the QC.

Buy JMBJustin's kit online @ http://jmbperformance.com/store/index.php?cPath=66_119

I tow with mine all the time. However my boat is a 17 ft'er, but you shouldn't have any problems towing the 20 ft'er. I wouldn't suggest street racing with the boat on the back though. The factory clutch isn't meant to be pushed like that.

Enjoy your stay and welcome to the faster side of the world.

Woo Hoo:elefant: post 100!!!

10banger said:
Welcome to RBC (Red Button Club). You can tow with either the RC or the QC.

Buy JMBJustin's kit online @ http://jmbperformance.com/store/index.php?cPath=66_119

I tow with mine all the time. However my boat is a 17 ft'er, but you shouldn't have any problems towing the 20 ft'er. I wouldn't suggest street racing with the boat on the back though. The factory clutch isn't meant to be pushed like that.

Enjoy your stay and welcome to the faster side of the world.

Woo Hoo:elefant: post 100!!!

Come on, 10banger! He NEEDS a QC! :D

I personally would prefer the Standard cab. But if the towing is going to be a big issue then i will have to go with the quad cab.

10banger said:
:banghead: EMT/SRT has one of the cleanest Silver QC's on the forum. If you're looking for one in pristine shape!

No doubt and although you can tow with an RC it is not recommended

i am from MD. I may have to reconsider because my lightning has done such a stellar job towing that i may be asking for problems:confused:

Demon 8 said:
The truck RC was designed for speed not towing simple as that

Maybe not "designed" for it but it will do it just fine right from the factory..... I towed 7000lbs of tree debris with my 04 RC and it towed like a champ... With the factory clutch I might add

I have been towing my boat for 2 years so far with factory clutch. Bass boats don't weigh much. I have a 21ft Lake and Bay with a 225 on it. :D

a216d214.jpg

ok that makes me feel alot better my ranger 520 is about that size so i should be ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back