those stock oil lines

wow just checked mine and the lines are all covered in oil. would have probably never noticed if it wasnt for this thread. the truck is still under warranty for 3k miles, will warranty cover new oil lines? atleast as a temporary fix until i can afford to order new ones

Go for the Stinker braided lines...they all leak at one point or another.

Go with stinkers. Eventually the stockers will leak again. I am on my second set, and yes they were covered under warranty.

i just noticed that today when changing the plugs...since i'm still inder warranty...guess i'll go that route...but i suppose they'll do it again (bout thte time i'm out of warranty, i'll give mister stinky poo a call...or maybe he'll move in next to me, so i can demo some stuff

I looked at mine last night and looks like I have a slight leak....no oil on the garage floor but the lines are covered at the fittings....My warranty runs out in Nov......I might just get Stinker's lines...at least my dealer will install them free..

TNVIPER said:
I looked at mine last night and looks like I have a slight leak....no oil on the garage floor but the lines are covered at the fittings....My warranty runs out in Nov......I might just get Stinker's lines...at least my dealer will install them free..

:rock: :rock: :rock:

just get rid of them P.O.S. factory lines. very restrictive. and if for nothing else a piece of mind. my was leakin & then a hose split on me. pumped out 4 qts. of oil in nothing flat.

if ya'll's trucks are '04's to about mid '05's touch base with Kevin @ Exotic Engine for the possible oil pump by-pass valve. gives ya better oil pressure & cures the oil filter "whine" some folks have complained about.

there is a sticky in the exotic engine vendors section & a thread on my oil line splittin.

BUT STINKER'S LINES FOR SURE:rock: :rock: :rock:

Cool beans!:marchmellow:

The parts are at the post office. :rock:

I am furloughed so I get every friday off (-9% pay) for the rest of the year. I think I can get her done tomorrow.:)

I talked to the guy at the dealership today. He basically said they all took turns driving it and couldn't get it to make the tranny sound I complained about. :dontknow:

They also left an obscure message about a part of the rack and pinion earlier in the week. :argh:

I am having all kinds of wicked visions about what they are doing to my ride right now.:(

Here's hoping they have someone there tomorrow to do the oil/lines change and I can be on my way!:burnout:

viperhauler said:
now that's an idea...mines not leakin on the floor...it's just kinda soaked on the lines...

yep...I had read about all the leaks but my floor was dry so I never bothered to look.................I wonder if other Dodge trucks use these same lines?....if they are a normal stock item for my dealer I could get stinker's lines installed free and maybe get a credit for the dealer's cost for the OEM lines since they would get the lines free under warranty...hmmmm..;)

Stinker said:
Then, I'll take a set for my shelf just in case the problem arises again, since I had Dodge change them once under warranty. Are they difficult to change out Tony? Is there any DIY available? Thanks. How would you like me to pay?

I'm letting the Viper Tech at the Dealership do mine, probably the only viper he gets to work on, his eyes lit up a little when he saw the parts. :D

He said something about holding the oil cooler ( er exchanger) while installing the fittings. :dontknow:

What could go wrong ? I suppose some teflon tape is on order for the fittings. You could cross thread something. :confused:

I am clumsy and have the money to spend, so I am letting the trained tech "git er done". :marchmellow:

I walked the 8 miles ( holding an umbrella ) to the post office and then to the dealership. :slug:

If I can find my stupid card reader I will get some pics going.

Last edited:
TNVIPER said:
yep...I had read about all the leaks but my floor was dry so I never bothered to look.................I wonder if other Dodge trucks use these same lines?....if they are a normal stock item for my dealer I could get stinker's lines installed free and maybe get a credit for the dealer's cost for the OEM lines since they would get the lines free under warranty...hmmmm..;)
an even better idea, yet!!:congrats:

Ok I got out of the dealership under $300 which included bodywork, transmission diag, and a oil change/cooler lines change.

Stinkers lines are for real and I plan to get the rest of them done as money allows.

I can't wait until after 8pm and I can take her for a highway cruise.

UPDATE:

I brought it home and there was coolant leaking all over the place, the brether hose was off the air box, and my lines were switched ( top line from the exchanger connected to bottom line at the block):argh:

I took it back the next day and they said, nope, thats the way they were on in the first place. They fixed the rest of the stuff but left the lines as is.:confused:

Will I run into problems with the cooler lines switched ? They said it doesn't matter which way they run, I am still skeptical....:dontknow:

But yeah stinkers lines are for real, I think I am gonna replace every hose with braided and AN fittings someday.:rock:

when i replaced mine, the outlet line at the engine is the bottom front on the engine to the bottom (inlet) fittin at the cooler.
top fittin (outlet) of the cooler went to the rear a bit upper fittin (inlet) at the engine.

i have a thread here, ENGINE OIL COOLER LINES, has some photos of the lines installed. can't do the cut & paste thingie to let ya go straight to it, sorry.

when ya change the oil filter it drains the cooler also

Yes that's how it is in every picture I see. I didn't want to argue with the service rep, I was thinking if its not too much of a problem, I would switch them back next oil change.

Outlawl said:
Yes that's how it is in every picture I see. I didn't want to argue with the service rep, I was thinking if its not too much of a problem, I would switch them back next oil change.

Its easy to do. I'd recommend removing the inner fender well for easy access. It'll take you longer to get the truck up in the air and remove the tire than to do the actual switching of the lines:rock: .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back