thoughts on my 1/4mile times

damn, i was hoping our quad cabs would have way better times than that! no wonder Troy is selling his......dude, i'm just really disappointed and thought they'd be quicker. not trying to rain on your thread, just my thoughts, bro.

Banging through gears don't make it easier dude. But a RC with an auto tranny??? Yeah, now THAT'S the ticket. Stinker certainly has the right idea...

Wow, you got beat by a Cobolt SS!!! That Sucks!
Good Luck with the DR & Nitrous combo!!

it was my buddy in the cobalt and he has a few mods, so i dont mind. Plus he had everything out of the car so it was like 2800-3000lbs..lol. Me and him went up against each other 5 times, if you go by bracket style racing he won 3 times, but if you go by just the times, i won 3 times. I dont mind loosing to a cobalt cuz i use to own one. But the day i loose to a honda civic, is the day ill give up my drivers licence.

Heres some tips. Try to drive around the water box and then back into it. This keeps your front tires from dragging water on to the track.

Stop burnig out IN the water box. Spin them one. Pull forward then do your burnout.

Yea i cant get around the water box, theres no room. I gotta go through it but im going to do a quick burnout on the sticky stuff to dry the tires off, after seeing how much tire shreads i left on the back of my truck, i dont want to replace my tires once a month...lol.

alot of that rubber you found might be from the burnout box

Drop your tire pressure down to 15-16 psi....that should be safe since you're on a 1/4. i did 14 psi in the 1/8th and at the end it was getting a little squirrelly but it was ok. and Steve is right Hank....he's up in Canada so he's going to run higher numbers

Troy, He aint runnin' DR's. Dont think 15-16 psi would be a good idea on street tires. Just watched the video and he also shouldn't be going through the water box on street tires. That definitely isnt helping his 60 ft times.

it was my buddy in the cobalt and he has a few mods, so i dont mind. Plus he had everything out of the car so it was like 2800-3000lbs..lol. Me and him went up against each other 5 times, if you go by bracket style racing he won 3 times, but if you go by just the times, i won 3 times. I dont mind loosing to a cobalt cuz i use to own one. But the day i loose to a honda civic, is the day ill give up my drivers licence.

I'd rather lose to a civic than a cavalier...er I mean Cobalt...There are more reputable Honda's. A newer Civic would suck, but an older Civic/CRX/hatch wouldn't. They are cheap to make fast and reliable. I wouldn't drive a Honda, but I think they have earned there respect among car enthusiasts...just my two cents.

i dont think they earn anything but a reputable name of ricer.

Anyways, off that topic. Here is a video of me spinning off the line, i only spun 2 times last night...my tires were still at 32psi on this run.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irD5qPLKNxw]YouTube - ‪SRT-10 Ram vs Chevy 2500‬‏[/ame]

I dont blame you for not wanting to ruin those 22's. Perhaps a extra set of wheels and DR's/slicks will do. You will surely get in the 13's for sure. But with good tires comes traction bars of some sort. A must for sure.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back