Throttle body / German engineering

Arska2

EU Moderator
Reaction score
Dear all,

Being a motorhead myself and having quit a bit of interest in engine tuning i had a look into modifying the throttle body of our trucks.

I know, i know, there are plenty out there and reading thru all of the postings, some like the ROE single blade, others the BBK and a lot do like Tonys JTSVP TB.

I actually bought one from Tony and started to investigate myself on how the airflow as well as manufacturing goes with this really, really good TB.

A good friend of mine works as a CADCAM engineer and with my ideas and his knowledge we made up a 3D Model.

And since last week, i have a prototype in my hand which was manufactured on a 5 axle cnc machine.

To make it clear, i am not going to become a vendor on this forum neither a competitor to this well respected gentlemen producing this superb products, but wanted to let you know that we from europe try to come up with some nice ideas as well.

In this case, maybe just some little tweaks to make it even better. If it works... Fine, if not ???....i will go back to my cave and hammer some stones.....

I will run the stock TB, the JTSVP and the Selfmade Version next week on a dyno.

So, if you are interested, i will post the results.

All the best from Germany

Arne

Last edited:
Very interested in your findings! I am still a firm believer in my Roe but I have personally seen the BBK produce track times.:burnout:

This thread will most likely have a determination on which TB I decide to go with. Keep us posted!

Thanks to all for the feedback.
My personal target is to have at least the
Same power output / band as the JTSVP TB.
Its a prototyp and will stay a prototyp.

Possibly someday with a co operation in mind it might be available,
Or just stay in my car as a unique mod :dontknow:

All the best.

Arne

Thanks to all for the feedback.
My personal target is to have at least the
Same power output / band as the JTSVP TB.
Its a prototyp and will stay a prototyp.

Possibly someday with a co operation in mind it might be available,
Or just stay in my car as a unique mod :dontknow:

All the best.

Arne

The simple fact that you said you based it off of jtsvp will make it near impossible to produce for profit, or provide it here. However it won't be the first time this forum has allowed knock offs of someone else's work.

Just curious though, if you had the prototype in your hand of your 5 axis cnc machine marvel in your hand, why didn't you post some pictures of it? Popcorn

Jeff, thanks for your question.
I have an ipad currently with me, with
all the photos on it.

Will upload them a bit later and then let me have your opinion again.

Thanks

Arne

Just to repeat what i said, i will not sell it on this forum or to member of this forum, as the kick off for doing it was more an engineers idea on a design change than a profit driven decision wih this TB.

The simple fact that you said you based it off of jtsvp will make it near impossible to produce for profit, or provide it here. However it won't be the first time this forum has allowed knock offs of someone else's work.
Just curious though, if you had the prototype in your hand of your 5 axis cnc machine marvel in your hand, why didn't you post some pictures of it? Popcorn

This is a interesting comment, thats where I am going to leave it. :D

Its Great to see others try something different. There are only a handful of manufactures that will make anything for the limited numbers of theses vehicles.

But if you are not going to sell it on here being this forum,or any members. why even bother to tell anyone else about it ????

I mean My ex her work has CNC machines and I can use them for whatever I wanted before.they can even make rims.

my questions is, why bring it up if you will never sell ?

Just to make sure that there are no misunderstandings.
I am an enthusiast that makes his dollars elsewhere.
But i always have been interested in cars with mods.
Having an engineering mind, i just can not stop taking
things off the shelf and put it in the car without looking at it.
If you have the time, sometimes it just makes you think, if something
can be done different and if that change gives a positive effect.

Maybe i am totally wrong with my idea on that TB but maybe it works.
Who knows ... Dyno will tell us next week.

And no, you wont see a dramatic change on what you have when you bought a JTSVP TB, it is just some measurement things a little different angle here and there, maybe a little wider :dontknow:

So, enough of words, let the pictures speak for themself.

Attachments

• TB Prototype CAD and part.GIF
    TB Prototype CAD and part.GIF
    141.4 KB · Views: 516
But if you are not going to sell it on here being this forum,or any members. why even bother to tell anyone else about it ????

I mean My ex her work has CNC machines and I can use them for whatever I wanted before.they can even make rims.

Bringing it up, just because its a mod that i did myself, just like everybody here on the forum. If it really brings something, maybe a vendor is interested in the idea and i can share my thoughts with him / her.
The issue is that from profit point of view it nonsense to produce it and sell it to the US. i could only make this prototype because its done by a friend of mine after official working hours. Making it in certain lots, would cost a lot, therefore it needs a real distribution channel like the vendors on this forum have and not an individual person like myself.

If you calculate it, add vat and customs + transport, you would not believe what this kind of product will cost.

Just be happy that BBK, ROE and specially Tony has such good prices.

All the best

Arne

I find it intriguing...

Knowing that Europe has needed someone from the beginning on the other side of the pond that can do after market stuff. However, I think your right, that the interest would have to be pretty high to do a run.

If I had a 5 axis machine in my back pocket everyone here would know about it, and not to sell stuff either. Bragging rights for sure.

I only wish I had the smarts and $ for a machine like this.

Not sure why everyone is giving him such a hard time, maybe if his throttle body makes more power he can talk to tony about having tony make them and sell them as a gen 2 throttle body.... What changes did you make that you think will be beneficial

Give a guy a break.

Sounds like the guy is just tring to share his automotive passion and went out of his way to state up front this was his intention, yet he still gets questioned as to why he is sharing. Give him a break and dont be so critical and pessimistic. Part of the fun is inventing a better mousetrap so to speak. I bet if he finds a couple HP or a few ft/lb torque he will feel like he accomplished something. Mark my words even though he has stated he has no intentions of selling them.......if the result is a better TB guys will be BEGGING him to sell them one!:D

Sounds like the guy is just tring to share his automotive passion and went out of his way to state up front this was his intention, yet he still gets questioned as to why he is sharing. Give him a break and dont be so critical and pessimistic. Part of the fun is inventing a better mousetrap so to speak. I bet if he finds a couple HP or a few ft/lb torque he will feel like he accomplished something. Mark my words even though he has stated he has no intentions of selling them.......if the result is a better TB guys will be BEGGING him to sell them one!:D

IMO

business is business, and if he wanted to sell them proven to make more power on a dyno I would buy one, well If I had the truck anymore. not 2HP difference tho thats petty and not worth 400 bucks.

I just don't understand the whole I won't sell to the US or members on here. again my question, why not just say i'm working on this TB seeing if I can make it better put a spin on it and get something going.

why does the whole not selling have to be put in. Okay cool great, such a big market in germany for srt-10 rams I forgot my bad.

By all means....post the results. I cant speak for everyone but I am always looking for new and improved mods for my truck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back