Throttle body / German engineering

Bringing it up, just because its a mod that i did myself, just like everybody here on the forum. If it really brings something, maybe a vendor is interested in the idea and i can share my thoughts with him / her.
The issue is that from profit point of view it nonsense to produce it and sell it to the US. i could only make this prototype because its done by a friend of mine after official working hours. Making it in certain lots, would cost a lot, therefore it needs a real distribution channel like the vendors on this forum have and not an individual person like myself.

If you calculate it, add vat and customs + transport, you would not believe what this kind of product will cost.

Just be happy that BBK, ROE and specially Tony has such good prices.

All the best

Arne
You guy's did read this ...........Right? it needs a real distribution channel like the vendors on this forum have and not an individual person like myself.

Good morning from the other side of the pond.

Interesting to see, that my thread keeps people thinking why i posted my idea.
I basically thought that is what a forum is for.

Maybe....,if it really puts more HP on the dyno i can talk to a vendor on here and share my idea and get a few dollars, but this comes later.

Just let me give you a different example.

A lot of guys on here showed their different ways of having optimised off the shelf, or selfmade CAI to bring the air faster, more direct, and with more volume to their TB eventhough there are already solutions like Volant, Mopar etc available.
Still some believed that they can do it different, not knowing if the result is really better, but shared it on here and showed pics. Not having the intention to sell it, i guess.

I for myself did the same. The only difference is, that i want to have it bullit proof that there is a positive outcome, knowing what will happen, if i dont succeed....

.....I made a big story out of it with a thread in the performance mods but should ask the admin to move the thread to visual mods, as the outcome is just a "bling bling" TB under a SRT hood ;)

Just to mention why i put it on here why i dont want to sell it here :

1. Its against the rules, as i am not a vendor
2. No distribution channel on my side
3. Financially its not possible as the cost of producing on my end are by far higher than the prices i see from the vendors on here. No one will pay for that, as i dont expect double digit growth no.'s in HP.

So, lets wait for the results and in between lets share other ideas.:D

Not moving it... It's in the right spot

Ok, since we are playing with ideas. i think you need a smoother transistion point from your twin bore to the spliter. The sharp edge will create turbulence slowing velocity. And you need two threaded ports for nitrous nozzels at the bottom of each barrel, or 6-8 micro nozzles drilled into the perimeter of each barrel like a perimeter plate nitrous kit.
49237d1344969657-throttle-body-german-engineering-tb-prototype-cad-part.gif

Last edited:
Ok, since we are playing with ideas. i think you need a smoother transistion point from your twin bore to the spliter. The sharp edge will create turbulence slowing velocity. And you need two threaded ports for nitrous nozzels at the bottom of each barrel, or 6-8 micro nozzles drilled into the perimeter of each barrel like a perimeter plate nitrous kit.

Jeff,

It might be right with what you are saying. The transition is quit rough but we went a little wider than others from measurement point of view. The angle from front side to the middle point is also different.
The air flow is quit high at that point, so i guess turbulences should be no problem. They might even help when adding NOS to have a good distribution.
If you have a closer look to the CAD picture, you will see the two inserts for NOS nozzles but in the prototyp we didnt go for it, as i will not test on the dyno with nos, otherwise....:burnout:

We will see !

Last edited by a moderator:
Gentlemen,

Today was Dyno day.....

Please read carefully, before commenting.
I do have to admit, that i made some mistakes eventhough i thought
I was well prepared.

Just to mention my prototypes results wouldnt do any justice to the JTSVP TB.
Both of them performed great vs. the original TB and i would highly recommend everybody to buy the JTSVP TB from performance point of view, as well as pricing point of view.

I was not allowed to film inside the dyno area, as you can see on the video, that the truck is not strapped. I was again at a BOSCH dyno tester and it doesnt seem to be a standard thing to do. They did not even have lugs on the ground for any fasteners ? Strange but true :dontknow:

The boss was at least kind enough to sign a written statement to cover all damages, if something would happen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFlcjjaR6P0&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Dynorun 1 20. August 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Pictures of the results are available but i have to upload them from a different computer, as i do work only with ipad.

Due to the bad (very hot and humid) dyno conditions, the numbers thrown out were even below the original spec of 506 HP.

Results with OEM TB : 490,8 HP

Results with Prototype TB : 512,4 HP

Results of JTSVP TB : 502,8 HP

Full performance of the JTSVP could not be achieved due to missing time of a cool down and the rising temperatures in combination with humidity.
The Bosch engineer confirmed that the gain on the JTSVP would have been higher if tested under same conditions as my prototype.

Torque couldnt be measured, due to some technical problems.
I have a sheet but this indicates 1452 + something tq which is nonsense.

I can share the dyno sheets later, if you are interested.

All the best and thanks for your interest.

Arne

The TB is a new product i created on a CNC machine.
It is not a modified OEM TB. Or did i understood your
Question wrong ?

Arska,

Where are you at in Germany? I didn't realize there was another SRT over here. I thought all had been shipped back to the US.

Hi,

i am located in Hamburg.
Did you see the "german" section on this website ?
It is on the front site and just scroll down.
There are some other guys from Germany as well.

Best regards, alles Gute

Arne

Good morning from the other side of the pond.

Interesting to see, that my thread keeps people thinking why i posted my idea.
I basically thought that is what a forum is for.

Maybe....,if it really puts more HP on the dyno i can talk to a vendor on here and share my idea and get a few dollars, but this comes later.

Just let me give you a different example.

A lot of guys on here showed their different ways of having optimised off the shelf, or selfmade CAI to bring the air faster, more direct, and with more volume to their TB eventhough there are already solutions like Volant, Mopar etc available.
Still some believed that they can do it different, not knowing if the result is really better, but shared it on here and showed pics. Not having the intention to sell it, i guess.

I for myself did the same. The only difference is, that i want to have it bullit proof that there is a positive outcome, knowing what will happen, if i dont succeed....

.....I made a big story out of it with a thread in the performance mods but should ask the admin to move the thread to visual mods, as the outcome is just a "bling bling" TB under a SRT hood ;)

Just to mention why i put it on here why i dont want to sell it here :

1. Its against the rules, as i am not a vendor
2. No distribution channel on my side
3. Financially its not possible as the cost of producing on my end are by far higher than the prices i see from the vendors on here. No one will pay for that, as i dont expect double digit growth no.'s in HP.

So, lets wait for the results and in between lets share other ideas.:D

I for one think it is great that some people do things like this to possibly improve on existing products. Heck isn't that what all the vendors are doing. Test the thing and sell it especially if it shows an improvement over any of the others ... :rock::rock:

Jim,

thanks for the flowers !
I had one vendor contacting me to see if a joint venture would be possible.
It came out that the production cost + post & package to US + customs doesnt make it attractive at all for the US market.

For now i keep it in my drawer and in my brain.

All the best

Arne

It looks like a first-class product.

I'd certainly be willing to purchase if you ever decided to market them. I'm sure others would as well...

Ronnie

Jim,

thanks for the flowers !
I had one vendor contacting me to see if a joint venture would be possible.
It came out that the production cost + post & package to US + customs doesnt make it attractive at all for the US market.

For now i keep it in my drawer and in my brain.

All the best

Arne

Arne,
Good for you my friend. What would this world be if some of us did not try to make good products better. We all try to make these trucks better in every way. I have been watching this thread. In my opinion, you have not done anything wrong or infringed on anyones products or business. You were upfront on the idea , the manufacturing, and the results. If you have the resources for this type of research then have at it. I for one, welcome the information. Keep it coming. Cheers!
Dale

It looks like a first-class product.

I'd certainly be willing to purchase if you ever decided to market them. I'm sure others would as well...

Ronnie

Short-Shift's dad is coming back from Germany before Christmas. Would they arrest an 85 year-old man for "importing" German made TB's??:D:D

Arne,
Good for you my friend. What would this world be if some of us did not try to make good products better. We all try to make these trucks better in every way. I have been watching this thread. In my opinion, you have not done anything wrong or infringed on anyones products or business. You were upfront on the idea , the manufacturing, and the results. If you have the resources for this type of research then have at it. I for one, welcome the information. Keep it coming. Cheers!
Dale

I totally agree and if someone has taken the time to make something better through some serious R&D, we can all benefit. Remember, we are dealing with an engine that has been out of production for quite some time now. I don't think there will be much in the way of significant new products for a Gen III from here on out...

As for advertising- Some forums charge for advertising and others don't. Some people, vendors, or whatever don't want or need advertising; they do what they do more for general interest or as a hobby.

If a Vendor (old or new) doesn't really like any form of competition.... Tough; what doesn't kill ya, makes you stronger !! :D

Ronnie

Last edited:
Not trying to be a smart a$$ but i don't see how in the world you could trust a dyno that is not tied down ,I mean you could be getting all kind of slip on that dyno ,,just my two cents thats only worth 1.5 cents in the fine Obama economy but darn ,I think the danger factor and the slip and not 100% confidence in this test would scare me away from saying this TB is as you claim .Good for you to think out the box but no A/f numbers ,No TQ numbers = BS dyno

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back