Throttle body shaft seal

gwarwon2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I may have a air leak through the throttle body shaft. With a stethoscop it sounds like the high pitch sound is coming from it. Anyone know if there is a replacement seal or oring?

Last edited:
Post a video of it?

Well I am going to take the throttle body off after work and take a look at the seals and take pictures than. As for a video of the sound I have is video.

http://youtu.be/xOpYpLSeQ2I

I had to bring my truck in for the air bag recall to the dealership so I had them take a look they told me it was the o-ring gasket from the TB to the Intake and wanted $200 bucks to replace it plus the $167 for the diag check. I paid the diag check then quickly emailed Tony from JTS Performance he hooked me up with a new gasket. I changed it but still squealing bad. Now I am being told its the seal to the throttle body bearing letting air in. :dontknow: So was looking around to see if I can replace that seal. Hoping someone on here maybe one of the vendors ;) could hook me up.

Last edited:
That part is not listed separately.

there isn't a throttle body shaft seal, only a bearing, one on each side of the throttle body, from there the tps seals one one side, the shaft the other, then a gasket that is oringed into the intake, does this happen only at tip in? if so it could be the nos ports on the throttle body itself, it will cause a slight whistle on tip in

if you had a vaccum leak also the idle would be a bit high per chance, use a 3/4 heater hose ear to one side see if you can pin point the noise itself

if you had a vacuum leak also the idle would be a bit high per chance, use a 3/4 heater hose ear to one side see if you can pin point the noise itself

Sounds good. Thanks for all the help. :rock: I can hear the sound all the time expect at WOT but then my exhaust is so loud who knows. :burnout: :rock::rock: If it is the NOS ports just going to have start saving to install a NOS system, don't want them wasting there. :rock:

A good way to check for vacume leaks is to spray a little carb cleaner around the area you think it's leaking from. It should get sucked in & raise the idle a little bit.

Well fixed it was something stupid to lower right bolt wasn't tight enough due to the senor clip and was causes a small vacuum leak.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back