Totaled??

Sorry for your potential loss. As others have suggested, I'd buy it out and part it out, as the value in our trucks (beyond sentiment) is in the parts.

I can't believe all the vultures teaming up to scrape pieces off your truck before we even know whats going to happen with it though. Asses! Oh, and shotgun on the bed cover.

Rob still has his truck that was being parted out in the for sale section and it still has the frame, cab and one door and they are black. That would be a great start to a rebuild, have a straight frame and cab.

Depending on what value the insurance company deems your truck is worth it has to be near 70% to 80% of cost of repairs before the insurance companies total it. If they total it buy it back and sell the salvage to someone wanting a builder or try and part it to the fellow members on here.

I know there is a 2005 theft recovery crew cab going through the Phoenix auction in a few weeks that is black, that would be a perfect truck for yours to donate parts to!

Awaiting word on wheter they will repair or total. Should know Wednesday. I've received a few PMs from folks interested in parts. The right side of the truck is pretty much toast, nothing worth while. The front, rear, and left side are flawless. Perfect interior and no engine bay damage. 25,000 miles on it. I think it needs a tranny, drive shaft and rear end. Not sure if there is frame damage or not in the rear. No damage to the toneau cover or wing. If you are seriously interested in the truck, or specific parts....shoot me an email to [email protected] with offers. I'll take the info and decide whether I should sell for parts or ?? Thanks in advance. Steve

Well on Thursday I spoke with the appraiser who said it is a total loss. I still have not heard from the adjuster, for confirmation. I'm going to take my aftermarket items off the truck. I'll probably reuse most of them. I will have a tonneau cover and wing with mounting brackets available shortly. It is black. The only potential issue is a scuff on the right front top corner.

The rest of the truck is going to salvage auction. Fortunately for me I was leasing and have gap insurance. I'm basically walking away.

List price from dealer is:

Cover $2260
Mounting kit (includes wing) $1190
Total = $3450

My price for item as is $1700. Shoot me an email to [email protected] if interested. Item is in Alpharetta, GA (North Atlanta).

Regards,

Steve

Attachments

• scuff.jpg
    scuff.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 32
  • tonneau left.jpg
    tonneau left.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 27
  • tonneau right.jpg
    tonneau right.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Just updated my post to clarify. The rest of the truck is going to salvage auction. I can put anyone interested in purchasing the whole truck in touch with the adjuster. Just shoot me a PM.

Steve

DublinOH said:
No on the tires. Woman in a mini van decided to make a u turn from a driveway while I was passing by. She claims she didn't see me (I'm kinda hard to miss). She hit the passenger door, slid down the side of the truck until she hit the wider trailer. That sent us into a spin which blew out the trailer tires. How we kept it on the pavement (two lane road) is beyond me.
Divine intervention?

I would have jumped out of my truck with my d*ck in my hand.. She didn't see you, YEAH RIGHT!!!:mad:

Venom Power said:
I would have jumped out of my truck with my d*ck in my hand.. She didn't see you, YEAH RIGHT!!!:mad:

that thing is so small she would feel sorry for ya ,,,,or you would have been in jail one:D

Well the good news is nobody got hurt and your viper car is untouched.

Sorry its totalled. Hopefully you can find a new one for a great price. Wazzups would have put a smile on your face!!

As usual the wing survives!!

patrick

The truck is all settled and the replacement ride arrived yesterday. Georgia Farm Bureau did me well, just too bad the woman who hit me was underinsured (35K). I'm now fighting with Geico (my insurance carrier) over the value of my trailer. That cute little Gekko is a SNAKE with feet! Run don't walk if you have Geico. On another note, I need two inner fenders for my new truck. Anyone know if they are the same as a standard 1500?

Attachments

• Unloading.jpg
    Unloading.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 48

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back