Truck Wanted

Buy my truck with 8200 miles and only intake, tonneau cover, and SCT programmer :p
100_0914.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm sure that dealers have plenty of leftover stock trucks.....

I'd still prefer bikertat's......:dontknow: :argh:... by a long shot....

D

Yeah, I PM'd VAViperPower but never heard anything back.

Cudajon, what year is it and how much are you asking? I see from the pics it seems to have a bed liner as well but I don't really consider that a mod. Tonneau is handy. Tell me more about the intake and programmer....

SRTBrad, if you are in contact with Whitesnake get him to drop me a PM as his truck sounds like what I want.

I probably didn't explain my self well enough , but I want a truck to keep. (I'm not a collector unless having two pickups makes me one). Most performance cars get modded (or wrecked) at some stage. If you look after something that's a bit rare (like one of 200) and keep it original it can appreciate over time while you still get the enjoyment out of it.

As an example, a friend of mine here told me just last week that he used to have 5 Torana A9X's sitting in his backyard in Adelaide (it's an Aussie muscle car from the 70's), all of which cost him about $1000 each. This one just sold for $220,000 http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/9/story.cfm?c_id=9&objectid=10498714

There is a bit of a revival happening in Oz with muscle cars; an early 70's Monaro (another one for you guys to look up) in original condition sold recently for $243,000. If you look at the fact that an SRT-10 sells in Oz for $100,000 plus, you will get my point ($1 AUD = 94US cents). Check this out http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-cars/search.aspx?N=279 4294964582 1426

I'm not saying a CE will make me a millionaire, just that I'd like something original that my son might enjoy one day (he's 8). I live in a part of the world where I don't have to convert it from LHD to RHD, so I can enjoy it in its original state.

I do appreciate everyones input though, and it's nice to see such an active club. With gas prices going up, I hope you guys are not a dying breed.

Wannaute

Wannaute said:
Yeah, I PM'd VAViperPower but never heard anything back.

Cudajon, what year is it and how much are you asking? I see from the pics it seems to have a bed liner as well but I don't really consider that a mod. Tonneau is handy. Tell me more about the intake and programmer....

SRTBrad, if you are in contact with Whitesnake get him to drop me a PM as his truck sounds like what I want.

I probably didn't explain my self well enough , but I want a truck to keep. (I'm not a collector unless having two pickups makes me one). Most performance cars get modded (or wrecked) at some stage. If you look after something that's a bit rare (like one of 200) and keep it original it can appreciate over time while you still get the enjoyment out of it.

As an example, a friend of mine here told me just last week that he used to have 5 Torana A9X's sitting in his backyard in Adelaide (it's an Aussie muscle car from the 70's), all of which cost him about $1000 each. This one just sold for $220,000 http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/9/story.cfm?c_id=9&objectid=10498714

There is a bit of a revival happening in Oz with muscle cars; an early 70's Monaro (another one for you guys to look up) in original condition sold recently for $243,000. If you look at the fact that an SRT-10 sells in Oz for $100,000 plus, you will get my point ($1 AUD = 94US cents). Check this out http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-cars/search.aspx?N=279%204294964582%201426

I'm not saying a CE will make me a millionaire, just that I'd like something original that my son might enjoy one day (he's 8). I live in a part of the world where I don't have to convert it from LHD to RHD, so I can enjoy it in its original state.

I do appreciate everyones input though, and it's nice to see such an active club. With gas prices going up, I hope you guys are not a dying breed.

Wannaute

WOW! those prices are crazy! Whats it cost to convert one of these to a RHD? $130 000+ WOW!

Trubuilt, it's sad but true.

SRT-10 trucks were never imported to Australia so they are still considered quite exotic. Even the locally built muscle cars I mentioned were never built in the same numbers as you find chargers/barracudas/mustangs in the USA. I'm still trying to find someone in Oz who can do the LHD to RHD conversion when I take the truck back in a few years, but I don't think it will be cheap.

By the way, I'm not looking for a truck to make money on, I just want one to drive!

Wannaute:D

Wannaute said:

SRT-10 trucks were never imported to Australia so they are still considered quite exotic. Even the locally built muscle cars I mentioned were never built in the same numbers as you find chargers/barracudas/mustangs in the USA. I'm still trying to find someone in Oz who can do the LHD to RHD conversion when I take the truck back in a few years, but I don't think it will be cheap.

By the way, I'm not looking for a truck to make money on, I just want one to drive!

Read this thread about a RHD conversion that 1 of our members recently did. You might find some good info here:

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23550&page=2

Wannaute said:

i am here!!!:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Wannaute said:

Well it is a buyers market find what you want, cars never seem to be the best money maker any way. If you want to drive them:D

Joemags, I don't really know how much a gallon of gas is, as I never even think about it. Its costs me 110 Dirhams to fill my Durango from empty, and that equates to USD$29. Anyone know how much a Durango holds? I've never taken any notice.

Hi Whitesnake. I haven't been ignoring you, but I think I've found a truck. I should hopefully have some news soon.

Thanks all,

Wannaute

Truck Found!

Excellent news! Just secured CE #4 on ebay.

See it here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290237832973&category=31831#lg

It was more than I wanted to pay for a truck, but with only 6,802 miles and in very tidy condition, I'm pretty pleased as it's exactly what I wanted.

Thanks to all who offered their trucks/assistance/support/words of wisdom. I'll post some pics of my new toy when I get it over here in Dubai, but here's one to whet your appetite (as it did mine!).

Wannaute

38.jpg

Wannaute said:
Joemags, I don't really know how much a gallon of gas is, as I never even think about it. Its costs me 110 Dirhams to fill my Durango from empty, and that equates to USD$29. Anyone know how much a Durango holds? I've never taken any notice.

Hi Whitesnake. I haven't been ignoring you, but I think I've found a truck. I should hopefully have some news soon.

Thanks all,

Wannaute

I go to dubai alot , gas 98 RON (eq. to 93 in the USA ) is approx. 1.8-9 $ a gallon .:marchmellow:

Wannaute said:
Excellent news! Just secured CE #4 on ebay.

See it here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290237832973&category=31831#lg

It was more than I wanted to pay for a truck, but with only 6,802 miles and in very tidy condition, I'm pretty pleased as it's exactly what I wanted.

Thanks to all who offered their trucks/assistance/support/words of wisdom. I'll post some pics of my new toy when I get it over here in Dubai, but here's one to whet your appetite (as it did mine!).

Wannaute

38.jpg

tell them it is missing the cover that goes on the bed that say's SRT-10!!!! just a little heads up!
if you need pic's let me know:congrats:

btw, congrats and mine has less miles

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back