UNKNOWN NOISE...NEED HELP!!

Stinker said:
tone take a look at the truck tommorrow, check each and every fluid, ps, trans, axle , so on.
check them all for being low, and smell.

if the pitch changed with rpms then it was something rotating, so follow that.

alternator, power steering, something in the trans, or rear axle, look over those areas.
Could this be oil related, just checked the engine oil and it was about a quart low, don't freakin know how because I have not driven since my last change and it does NOT leak oil:dontknow:

tone said:
Could this be oil related, just checked the engine oil and it was about a quart low, don't freakin know how because I have not driven since my last change and it does NOT leak oil:dontknow:
They burn oil, its normal. 1 quart low wouldnt/shouldnt be a problem.

i would guess something with power steering, also the month/ year of the build of your truck should be in the sticker on your driver's side door jamb. As for your engine you need the number off the block. I would also refer to the EED post and call them once you get the reuired info on the truck to see if you need a different oil bypass valve.

http://vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21842

mr. anderson said:
i would guess something with power steering, also the month/ year of the build of your truck should be in the sticker on your driver's side door jamb. As for your engine you need the number off the block. I would also refer to the EED post and call them once you get the reuired info on the truck to see if you need a different oil bypass valve.

Is that the infamous valve that makes the whine noise?....only on the 2004 and early 2005 models.

just a possibility, man.

there is a thread about it in the Exotic Engine section & several around about the "whiney oil filter"

some '04's & some early '05's had the prob.

mine got bad enough that it was rattlein the dash.

i know......... get a set of Stinker's engine oil cooler lines & see if it gets worse, thats the prob.

:rock: :rock: :rock:

ZCx said:
just a possibility, man.

there is a thread about it in the Exotic Engine section & several around about the "whiney oil filter"

some '04's & some early '05's had the prob.

mine got bad enough that it was rattlein the dash.

i know......... get a set of Stinker's engine oil cooler lines & see if it gets worse, thats the prob.

:rock: :rock: :rock:
Right on, Stink's oil lines are the answer to that problem....if so I hope that's all it is.

tone said:
Is that the infamous valve that makes the whine noise?....only on the 2004 and early 2005 models.

top one is.

bottom one is the fix:rock: :rock: :rock:

mr. anderson said:

thanks Mr. Anderson.:congrats:

got to learn how to post links one day:p lol

tone said:
Only in motion...but I was not too aggressive with it when it was parked, so I can't say for sure.
I asked b/c if it doesn't do it while parked it could be something in the trans or while something is under a load....
I would check all fluids first and go from there!
Always start with the easiest most obvious things b/c they usually go un noticed..i learned that the hard way!

kickinassrt-10 said:
I asked b/c if it doesn't do it while parked it could be something in the trans or while something is under a load....
I would check all fluids first and go from there!
Always start with the easiest most obvious things b/c they usually go un noticed..i learned that the hard way!
Looks like I'll be spending my day off under my truck:D

Mine did the same thing. Sounded like it was in the instrument cluster. It did it a couple times around 19-21K miles and has not done it since (27K):dontknow:

Stinker said:
tone take a look at the truck tommorrow, check each and every fluid, ps, trans, axle , so on.
check them all for being low, and smell.

if the pitch changed with rpms then it was something rotating, so follow that.

alternator, power steering, something in the trans, or rear axle, look over those areas.
Hey T, just looked under the truck, got a small oil leak...I mean drops comming off the upper of the two lines labeled engine front/rear. These are the two lines that go from a pressure fitting to a rubber hose and they are comming out of the lower part of the motor....the leak is comming off the one labeled engine rear.:dontknow:

OnceBitten said:
Mine did the same thing. Sounded like it was in the instrument cluster. It did it a couple times around 19-21K miles and has not done it since (27K):dontknow:
No way dude, this was definatly mechanical, engine wise.:) Our trucks do some weird shit:D

tone said:
Hey T, just looked under the truck, got a small oil leak...I mean drops comming off the upper of the two lines labeled engine front/rear. These are the two lines that go from a pressure fitting to a rubber hose and they are comming out of the lower part of the motor....the leak is comming off the one labeled engine rear.:dontknow:
sounds like the oil lines leaking, not your squealing problem, but like zx said, may relate to the valve making a noise

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back