VALVE COVER/POWDERCOAT FIASCO!

The tech looks like he was tryin to strip in one place to long, and blew a hole in the cover, and like you said, flawed casting.............:dontknow: maybe his chick called him at work............:argh:

i hate to even post this but i was thinking of taking my valve covers and wheels to someone locally to get the powdercoating done. this just made my mind up, justin's dad will get to do another set for me. note to self cheapest isnt always the best.

Pops@JMB said:
They are both relatively soft metals. Aluminum oxide is a very sharp, agressive media that will remove surface material. As the pictures show, not a good choice for magnesium. The link below gives a good description of various blast medias:

http://www.kramerindustriesonline.com/finishing-guides/blasting-media-comparison-chart.htm
Thanks for the info pops:D just trying to learn as much as i can,I pmd' justin and he says ya'll chemically strip the paint/powdercoating?

Damn, I would say a new Valve Cover and repaint the covers on the house and then go blog about the shop if they are not cooperative.

Big Worm said:
Damn, I would say a new Valve Cover and repaint the covers on the house and then go blog about the shop if they are not cooperative.
oh yeah.......its not costing me a thing!:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back