Virus protection

Looks like you can only run one license per computer. They do have a discount if you buy 3 licenses though.

~mike~

Troy's QC SRT said:
If i buy AGV internet security with a 2 year subscription can i install it on more than one of my cpu's?

the program is called "Registry Watch" It does 2 things, backs up the registry and catalogs all files on your hard drive. You run a scan before installing ANYTHING you think may be risky. that way if something bad shows up, you can delete all files that have been added since you ran your scan.

It can also be used to completely erase programs you install that come with a time limited trial period. these programs leave files behind that the scanner can help you get rid of.

~mike~

Troy's QC SRT said:
what registry scan would you recommend

Freeware - Avast/AVG work good

Paid- NOD32 or Avast

If you can get a enterprise edition of norton works good too (consumes less system resources than consumer edition)

Also would look at a good malware/adware program like ad-aware

CCleaner - good for clean out registry errors and temp space (free)

if your really paranoid about stuff you can run sandboxie which separates programs from your system to see if there malicious even search the web and see any what websites are requesting what from your system. Also truecrypt is another good tool (free) tons of features even encrypt a hidden operating system within another

I run sandboxie. It does have its querks that irratate me though. My last computor got a virus which made it unuseable. Sure I could have wiped it clean but it was prolly 5 years old so I upgraded to a new unit.

I ran the DR Web Program as you stated was something that all computers that come through your shop get.... This program on the complete scan setting took over 8 hours to complete ,,,what took it so long to complete ??? Is this normal??? It did scan more files etc , than Norton by a couple 100k???
What browser do you recommend other than Explorer??? I just installed Google Chrome????? looked at Mozilla, firefox and opera... Chrome appears to have made my computer faster loading pages...
Are the microsoft protection programs ,,,defener,firewall, Disc cleanup ok to use??? When changing to another browser would you recommend removing explorer and how???

chrome is the fastest (I believe) but I use firefox because I NEED Adblock. I hate ads.

firefox is decent also but its slow to load sometimes and it doesnt always play nice with 64bit os's

VIPR PWR said:
I ran the DR Web Program as you stated was something that all computers that come through your shop get.... This program on the complete scan setting took over 8 hours to complete ,,,what took it so long to complete ??? Is this normal??? It did scan more files etc , than Norton by a couple 100k???
What browser do you recommend other than Explorer??? I just installed Google Chrome????? looked at Mozilla, firefox and opera... Chrome appears to have made my computer faster loading pages...
Are the microsoft protection programs ,,,defener,firewall, Disc cleanup ok to use??? When changing to another browser would you recommend removing explorer and how???

I am not sure why Dr. Web ran for 8 hrs. If you have a feeling your infected, it's best to run Malwarebytes in safe mode. Update and see what it finds. If you can, install Superantispyware, update if possible and reboot in Safe mode and scan also.

I usually pull the hard drive out and scan it on a neutral computer. That option doesn't work to well without having another computer though.... :)

Wil

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back