Vitamins, supplements, etc.

BDR SRT-10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious as to what some of you folks out there are taking currently or have tried in the past with good results?? And a good place to either order them from or go to a store and purchase directly? Just looking for advice or suggestions I guess as to a good general product...

I don't really go to the gym or work out per se, but I'm in the construction field and am constantly lifting, pulling, tugging, hauling, etc., so I believe I get my fair share of exercise and abuse...

Thanks!!

I get my multi vitamins from Costco........just their brand. Also take a B12. Because I do train at the gym I consume a lot of whey protein "Higher Power" brand ordered through bodybuilding.com and glutamine as well. I eat a reasonably good diet, very balanced, good carbs, salads, veggies, fruits and lots protein and try to limit the crap. I notice when I eat bad, I feel bad. I also drink a lot of water and sometimes add in gatoraide when the heat is bad and I'm sweating a lot. For you working construction, if your sweating a lot, you need gatoraide.

patrick

I am old school and like Flinstone vitamins:D

Gaboon said:
I am old school and like Flinstone vitamins:D

Chewables.....................?:rock:

OK, Lynette gives me a buttload of pills twice a day.....(no shithead...they aren't suppositories) So I had to ask her about how to answer your general question. Since she didn't know your age, she gave me a few of the basics for someone over 40.....

Lynette knows shit................ Trust me.

First off, Patrick is right on regarding the quality of the Kirkland (Costco) store brand. She sez they're every bit as good as the high-priced brands that you get at the "Praying Mantis Vegan Ashram and Emporium of Cosmic Well Being" or whatever they call the expensive place near you.

Here are her suggestions for starters:

Costco's brand of multi vitamin supplement.
Glucosimine with chondroitin
Saw Palmetto
Organic Flexall Caps
Enteric coated acidophilus

Sorry, no LSD, Magic mushrooms, Peyote buttons or other hallucinagens.

D

For you situation you need a Multi Vit, Glucosam & Condroit, and some good fat (nuts, olive oil, etc.) you body will naturally adjust to its work load, a bunch of extra protain will not give you much of a benefit. Now if you start lifting weights I would aim for 1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight.

I will notify Sarah (my Fiancee) of this thread.... She is big into that stuff....

But, I know the first thing she will say is to go to a forum based on physical fitness.... I know she belongs to "Extreme Physique". :dontknow: They have helped her out a lot, and they seem like great folks. :rock: http://www.extreme-physique.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=3

(F*CK, 1Fast..... :mad: He couldn't find his way outta a paper bag w/ a flashlight and a map. :dontknow: :mad:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back