Water/Meth Injection help?

LitemUp said:
Ok numb nuts here is the
1. Location - In my case I'm using it as additional fuel so that I can run more timing in my tune that's why I choose my location to behind the TB with dual nozzles. It made the install a bit more complicated. But what I would recommend for your application is a single nozzle about 8-12 inches from the TB. That should be plenty enough room to cool the air charge and atomize better so it can distribute evenly through both blades in the TB it also makes the install a lot less complicated. The problem going with 2 nozzles in front of the TB is that our charge pipe has sharp bends and you don't that shit puddling up in the pipe (that was another reason why I decided to place my nozzle behind the TB in the Intake manifold)
2. Nozzle - That will all depend on the motor and what you want your end result to be (I'll explain later in the "Tune" part). I started with "dual" .175 ml and then jump up to dual .375 again I went aggressive with the nozzle size because of my application. I would recommend that you get the .225 ml, .375 ml, and .625 ml and see which one works best.
3. Tank - Trust me on this one you will want to use the windshield washer tank. (1st it holds approximately 4 liters, 2nd you have an low fluid sensor built in and you monitor it from your dash).
4. Tune - You would definetly want to tune the truck after you install the meth to take full advantage (ie. with either more timing, more boost, or both)
5. Meth - I get a 5 gallon tank of VP Racing Fuel M1 it cost $40, and I get it directly from VP distributor in Ft Lauderdale. and mix it 50/50 with distilled water from Publix or where ever. I use a reverse osmosis water from a filteration unit I have at home. I go throug a 5 gallon tank in about 8-10 months depending on how frisky I feel. DO NOT use tap water all of the chemicals in it will clog the nozzle. DO NOT use windshield washer fluid all of the chemicals in it will clog the nozzle. All of that other stuff that is premixed is way over priced. You also have another option of going to Murray's on Kendal Dr and I think 132 Ave and buy whatever meth they are selling there I think its Southern Blend.

That's pretty much everything I can think of right now. Let me know if you have any questions.
thanks Alex. That helped alot. I think I'm gonna take ur suggestion and mount one nozzle about 8-12 inches back. This will put it before the IAT sensor and allow the ecu to control some timing. Once I get something setup with Torrie, I'll install a second nozzle in front of the TB and let him do his magic.

Last edited:
JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
jsut remember too , the placement of your bottle is important, keep the fluid as cool as possible, mounted in an area with plenty of air circulation
Yes sir. Planning on using the washer fluid reservoir

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
oh man that hurt.......
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Would those of you that are running meth, mind posting up pics of were you have the nozzle or nozzles located? Also, maybe where you mounted the pump? Thanks, I will greatly appreciate it. Getting ready to install my meth kit sonn and just want to make a decision on nozzle placement. I've read good results, placing it before the IAT sensor, to trick the computer with colder intake temps, thus the computer wont back off timing. I've also read that placing the nozzle at the throttle opening, allows for a higher octane rating, because the meth mixes with the fuel better. I was actually thinking of placing to small nozzles in the system, rather than one large nozzle. One before the IAT sensor and one at the throttle opening.

SANTEEN said:
Would those of you that are running meth, mind posting up pics of were you have the nozzle or nozzles located? Also, maybe where you mounted the pump? Thanks, I will greatly appreciate it. Getting ready to install my meth kit sonn and just want to make a decision on nozzle placement. I've read good results, placing it before the IAT sensor, to trick the computer with colder intake temps, thus the computer wont back off timing. I've also read that placing the nozzle at the throttle opening, allows for a higher octane rating, because the meth mixes with the fuel better. I was actually thinking of placing to small nozzles in the system, rather than one large nozzle. One before the IAT sensor and one at the throttle opening.
Moving y whole syste around the tank will be in the bed weight transfer is key forMe know

We like to put the nozzles in front of the supercharger. FJO makes a really nice system, its fully programable and allows you to ramp in the water meth really well. Water Meth alone will not give you more power, but it will allow you to tune in more timing for better power. The problem with tuning for meth is that if the system fails you can damage the engine. Best to add a failsafe.

We use a 50/50 mix of distilled water and methonal.

DC Performance said:
We like to put the nozzles in front of the supercharger. FJO makes a really nice system, its fully programable and allows you to ramp in the water meth really well. Water Meth alone will not give you more power, but it will allow you to tune in more timing for better power. The problem with tuning for meth is that if the system fails you can damage the engine. Best to add a failsafe.

We use a 50/50 mix of distilled water and methonal.
I've read that you should not put the nozzle in front of a centrifigal s/c. But you should put it in front of a twin screw. And while it doesnt create more horsepower, it kind of does in a round about way. If the nozzle is placed before the IAT sensor, it wil cool the air going by the sensor and allow the computer to run more timing, thus more horsepower. And then, yes you could also tune for more timing and make even more horsepower.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back