What are you insurances prices for the SRT

TeamSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I been kicking around getting a SRT as a non-DD, but might have to sell my recent truck to get some down payment money, so the SRT has to be a DD for awhile, until the snow starts falling, so what kind of insurance rates per year are you guys getting for your truck?

It all comes down to your age and your driving record. Im an old man with a good driving record but they still hit me with a performance premium. $800.00 a year full coverage Farmers ins.

34bud said:
It all comes down to your age and your driving record. Im an old man with a good driving record but they still hit me with a performance premium. $800.00 a year full coverage Farmers ins.
About the same here with State farm.

I gave up auto specific insurance years ago. Posted a bond with state of Az and cover myself with an umbrella insurance. Covers far more than just situations with my vehicle(s) and get far better coverage for less. Only downside is my vehicle itself is not covered...I can live with that.

Regardless, too many variables to really ask for comparison. What you should look for is Ins company's who do not charge a premium for SRT package. Several company's treat the SRT the same as V8 Dodge 1500.

300/500/300- 1200/yr age does matter:rock: :burnout:state farm 04 is a 1500 with a v10 to them.

American Family Insurance considered my '06 a plain 1500. I pay a lot due to speeding tickets but had nothing to do with the truck.

i kinda figure my age would cost me, i am 23, with a perfect driving record..........got a ticket one time for not wearing the seltbelt "right" - had it under my arm pit, because I was driving for a couple of hours, and was rubbing against my neck just got uncomfortable, I got ticketed at a stop sign because the cop was doing an inspection to everyone's car.........Jersey cops are stupid

i think i priced at geico the other day, and it was like $50 a month, but it was with my f-150, but I got discounts, because I have a 3.00 or higher GPA and my record was clean, also according to the quote i did get a discount because of the College i go/went to.

TeamSRT10 said:
i kinda figure my age would cost me, i am 23, with a perfect driving record..........got a ticket one time for not wearing the seltbelt "right" - had it under my arm pit, because I was driving for a couple of hours, and was rubbing against my neck just got uncomfortable, I got ticketed at a stop sign because the cop was doing an inspection to everyone's car.........Jersey cops are stupid

i think i priced at geico the other day, and it was like $50 a month, but it was with my f-150, but I got discounts, because I have a 3.00 or higher GPA and my record was clean, also according to the quote i did get a discount because of the College i go/went to.

If you're under 25, with State Farm, you can definitely expect a pretty steep rate, trust me...:(

TeamSRT10 said:

I'm 23 with a perfect driving record, and mine is like 1800 a year for the truck through USAA:dontknow:

Location matters too. Moving from Champaign, Illinois to Tacoma, Washington, my premium more than doubled.

mines pretty good, perfect record both me and my wife, 150 total per month for all three cars with full coverage on all three 250/500 I believe for coverage, so 1800 a year total

Vman455 said:
Location matters too. Moving from Champaign, Illinois to Tacoma, Washington, my premium more than doubled.

Yep, same thing happened to me. When I moved from Virginia to Renton, Wa here my rates more than doubled and I dont even have a SRT. There may not be income tax but this state will drain you one way or another.

Im 20 and pay 1200 a year for my QC full coverage. no tickets no accidents. Thank you nation wide for entering my truck in as a 1500:p :p :p :p :p :p

LoveThisTruck said:
I'm 23 with a perfect driving record, and mine is like 1800 a year for the truck through USAA:dontknow:

I'm 25 and USAA wanted 1700 a year for me! I went through progressive...$1200 a year, when i get back i'll take the army defesive driving course again and it will drop that down even more!!

1100/year for full coverage... and im only 20!!!!!!!! :D:D:D (haveing an ambulance license and evoc training apparently lowers your rates)

25 here, NO tickets, full coverage, $672 a Year trough State farm :p :rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back