What If: Fuel Cost Is $10.00 a gallon?

Prof said:
In the late 70's I recommended to the Army (I was a staff officer at the Recruiting Command), that all military staff convert to 10 hour days four days a week, 50% with Friday - Sunday weekends, and 50% with Saturday - Monday weekends.

Sounds like a viable approach in today's environment...transportation to work would be reduced by 20%...but three day weekends might just increase the total use of vehicles...who knows???

can i be that 0.0001 % with friday to monday weekends ? :dontknow: :p :p :D

How about I give you a full time position to just keep my truck running well, and in your spare time you can do maintenance on my boat...you of course will have to dock your boat at my place and take me for 8 knot trips now and then...oh, you will also have to bring all of those lovely ladies with you too...and I drink Corona with a Key Lime in it...you would have to put up with a guy that likes fruit in his beer.:D

I have already cut way back on my gas usage. I'm riding my motorcycle to work which is only 4 miles one way, and I have not driven my SRT-10 since November. On weekends I just stay home, except for a trip to the grocery stone now and than.

As far as my company is concerned, we got rid of the person that was using up most of the fuel we buy, plus we are driving slower now than we used to. But since we are a service oriented company we still must drive to our customers. The good thing is last year at this time our fuel bill was $1200 to $1300 a month, this year it is about $800 to $1000 because of our conserving. If the market is truly supply and demand driven, the price must fall soon because of less usage.

Bill.

Borden3srt said:
you may want ot reconsider Roy. remember how long it took Barry to install his Roe?;)

:thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: if i enjoy it , i take my time :p :D and in the meanwhile i don't use gas ....:dontknow: ;)

Borden3srt said:
you may want ot reconsider Roy. remember how long it took Barry to install his Roe?;)

It was all those beautiful women leaning on his back and looking over his shoulder...I will make sure they do not bother him while he is working. :rock:

I have plenty of gas, I just have to find a way to capture it and then get my truck to run on it. We Koreans are lactose intolerant, and flatulent if nothing else...Clint would say: "jus keep a baloon in yer mout"

worst of all is that our governement stays adding taxes to the extra gas prices ....in % as they use to do ! :mad: So it's a good time for them... the more gas costs , the more they collect.....They promised to stop adding extra taxes to the extra costs once we are the most gas-expensive country in Europe ! :confused: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Prof said:
How about I give you a full time position to just keep my truck running well, and in your spare time you can do maintenance on my boat...you of course will have to dock your boat at my place and take me for 8 knot trips now and then...oh, you will also have to bring all of those lovely ladies with you too...and I drink Corona with a Key Lime in it...you would have to put up with a guy that likes fruit in his beer.:D

no problemo for me Roy... hey, they can even fish for you ! :p :D

vis.jpg

If gas hits $10 a gallon I will buy a Delorean and modify it to run off a

"Flux Capacitor" powered by Cuisanart

JUst take it out of my trash and voila... 1.21 Gigawatts

won't be getting rid of mine,its not a daily driver:driver: ...also the company i work for (supply boats:captain: ) doesn't have a fuel bill to speak of. the companies we are contracted out to pick-up our diesel and oil. we just started a job with exxon/mobil hauling a work-over rig to a platform off the mouth of the mississippi river. we will burn about 4,000 gls. per rountrip.:eek: IS THERE ANYTHING YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO ASK THE EXXON/MOBIL REP.?:evil: :D

It could cost 20$ a gallon, the fact is there is no alternative for me but to pay. I have never seen E85 around here, and I can find a single car that gets good gas millage that I can fit into. All I know is that if you take the profits that the big oil companys are making and divided it buy the number of gallons produced you could cut prices by 10%-15%...

We're screwed... Didn't we like liberate Kuwait a bunch of years ago??? Shouldn't they still be pumping oil to us for .50 per gallon and still make billions? WTF???

I blame the Democrats... Damn E85... Pointless....

I actually spoke to some kid getting out of a prius yesterday. Tre hugging liberal going to eat bark off a tree walking around in his Jerusalem cruisers.

He was getting 55+ miles to the gallon. I asked him if it had any resemblance of balls when you stop on the pedal. He laughed and said no...

Seemed like it meant no even with him in it. ;)

If gas hits $10 per gallon, I am taking my rig to Saudi Arabia with that member here that has like 10 of these things.

You could also take their profits and make every natural born american a multi-millionaire....

TREKER said:
We're screwed... Didn't we like liberate Kuwait a bunch of years ago??? Shouldn't they still be pumping oil to us for .50 per gallon and still make billions? WTF???

I blame the Democrats... Damn E85... Pointless....

I actually spoke to some kid getting out of a prius yesterday. Tre hugging liberal going to eat bark off a tree walking around in his Jerusalem cruisers.

He was getting 55+ miles to the gallon. I asked him if it had any resemblance of balls when you stop on the pedal. He laughed and said no...

Seemed like it meant no even with him in it. ;)

If gas hits $10 per gallon, I am taking my rig to Saudi Arabia with that member here that has like 10 of these things.

How do you really feel? :D

OH and just to make you feel better...ask me what my Oil bill was this year down in PHX...oh, yeah we don't have those...man I made it out of Strong Island just in time!!!! C'mon out here, you will love it

Last edited:
VIPR PWR said:
You could also take their profits and make every natural born american a multi-millionaire....

That will not solve anything, inflation would be so crazy gas would be $40/gallon...they would n=know we all have the money to pay!

Prof said:
I heard him say $12 to $15 dollar gas...

Excuse me, I am going out to so some preventative maintenance on the bicycles.
Was it on ABC NBC CBS CNN FOX????

Just curious.. I would like to see the video or article.

SANCHOBA said:
IS THERE ANYTHING YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO ASK THE EXXON/MOBIL REP.?:evil: :D

What do those c*ck s*ucker spend the money on????? :mad:

The 3rd world country Kuwait does it ----why can't we.....

This is what you need to do to help with gas costs...you have my permission to run this by your spouses and tell them I said it was a good idea.

take any QC, remove 4.56 gears (now hear me out), put in a 3.90 rear end, put on headers, catless mids, a ROE s/c with 6.5# pulley and even some heads.
you should be able to get close to 17mpg on the highway doing 65mph. Sure its an up front investment that will cost over $10k, but you know its worth it!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back