What If: Fuel Cost Is $10.00 a gallon?

I've already stopped driving the "10" as often as I use to. I would really like a vehicle that got better than 30 mpg but haven't found anything I fit in. I'm trying to figure out a way to mount a ladder rack and tool box to my motorcycle.

I drive a diesel E350 for work and put $125 in it today and it didn't even fill it. Just couldn't bare to watch the readout climb any higher. We are having to pass the fuel charge onto the customers. Each stop we make needs to absorb a portion of our costs.

I drive the "10" in lue of going on a vacation. I heard that oil company exectutives are being questioned up in DC and someone admitted to making 12 million a year salary. I understand the supply and demand thing and how the market drives the prices but with the record profits and rediculous salaries they are making, how do they sleep know what a screwing they're doing to the people? Everything is going up in price except our paychecks. The economy is really going to take a dive since noone will be able to afford anything but to go to work and come straight home.

I'll have to try on one of those Tesla electric cars or drive a golf cart. Someone should go postal on a couple of these high priced executives and see if that gets their attention. Every time one of these asshole reporters makes a comment about what they foresee gas prices are going too. It's like giving the oil companies permission to do it. They say "Wow! They expect prices to go to $5.00 by the end of the year. Let sock it too them".

Last edited:
A gallon is 3,78541178 Liter
One liter gas costs 1 euro and 60 cents
So one gallon gas will costs 6,05664 euro in the netherlands

so driving in the netherlands will cost you 9.51258 US Dollar (USD) for one gallon gas!!!! what bothers me most is that 70% is TAX!!

so what
thefinger.gif

yesterday I filled her up for 220 US Dollar

Last edited:
SilvrSRT10 said:
Someone should go postal on a couple of these high priced executives and see if that gets their attention.

Roz-SRT said:
What do you suggest we do?

I think the first step is picking up my postal uniform from the cleaners . . . ;)

:D :eek: :D :D

Roz-SRT said:
Yeah, I saw your "Postal uniform from the cleaners" comment earlier and liked your idea. Someone just needs to figure out a way to implement it. This country is going to hell in a handbasket in more ways than one. Stock up on ammunition because that may be the only way you get to keep what you got.

Even though I can still afford to drive the "10" whenever I want, It's the principle of their price gouging that makes me want to find an alternative fuel source. They are really taking advantage of the situation with out thought or conscience of how it's affecting everyone. The only thing that matters is how much they think they can squeeze out of everyone.

Last edited:
BurntRubber said:
How do you really feel? :D

OH and just to make you feel better...ask me what my Oil bill was this year down in PHX...oh, yeah we don't have those...man I made it out of Strong Island just in time!!!! C'mon out here, you will love it

I might Carlo, but you are too close to Mikey... ;)

I just filled up my oil tank at the house. $833 bucks for 230 gallons... you do the math... Turned my boiler off... Kids can wear a sweatshirt if its chilly

Prof said:
Just asking...How will your driving habits change? What will you do differently in driving your truck? What will you have to give up to continue to drive your SRT 10?

Now, from your individual business perspective...how will your company be impacted?

What things will change in your organization?

What will your company do to cope with the new cost of fuel?

Just wondering about the vast impact of such a change...

In Europe it already costs $10 a gallon...

TREKER said:
I might Carlo, but you are too close to Mikey... ;)

I just filled up my oil tank at the house. $833 bucks for 230 gallons... you do the math... Turned my boiler off... Kids can wear a sweatshirt if its chilly

Now forgive me this is not directed directly at you but oil tanks for houses is stupid.
Why not burn natural gas for heat?

Also with all the f'in coal the US has we should be burning that for energy instead of gas. This would free up supplies of gas.

Last edited:
shade said:
Now forgive me this is not directed directly at you but oil tanks for houses is stupid.

Also with all the f'in coal the US has we should be burning that for energy instead of gas. This would free up supplies of gas.

Natural gas is not run to all locations here. NE is largest user of oil. Gas would have to be bottled propane. My house is hot water baseboard heat and I have a seperate water heater that has a smaller oil burner on it so I can turrn off the main boiler over the summer. Not the most efficient butwhat am I gonna do???

shade said:

About 80% of US's Energy is made from Coal. When you guys use electricty I make money !!!:rock:

WizzySRT10 said:
About 80% of US's Energy is made from Coal. When you guys use electricty I make money !!!:rock:
Atta boy Wizzy :rock: :D

The main focus here is on the word change. There will undoubtedly be plenty of it; even more than the changes that have occurred thus far. For me I spend about a month every other month over seas on my "oil company's" nickel. During that time my SRTs are in their stable and fuel costs for that month for me is nothing. But when I am home I try to handle as many chores I can during the same day. One thing I am glad about is I don't go out on the weekends to party and drink, so I save money there. Yes my social life is dreary. I usually find something at home to entertain me (like VTCoA) or a movie or some show recorded on DVR during my absence. I think it's sad that people have to alter their way of life over greed. Already Americans had to make major changes during the post 9/11 years. The old days are growing evermore distant each day at an alarming rate.

Speaking of rates, crime should be on the rise as a result of all this. It needs to hit some of the neighborhoods that the fuel price determining speculators live in in hopes to wake them up.

shade said:

Most house are not set up for it.

And my parents have NG at there house in Jerzee, its not much cheaper!

WizzySRT10 said:

My grandfather had a company that did condenser refurbishing. He made alot of money, most did all the manhattan and jerzee plants for Con Ed, Public Service, Mirant, Ohio Edison before it became First energy.
I remember seeing pics of him a Hell's Gate and Water Town. Man those condensers were tough work.

How will your driving habits change?
Well I am sure the Ford with get traded in. A car will suite me fine for work travel.:slug:

What will you do differently in driving your truck?
Not a daily driver so, Like steve said it will stay clean.:driver:

What will you have to give up to continue to drive your SRT 10?
Refer to question 2:D

Now, from your individual business perspective...how will your company be impacted?

I know last month Our fuel costs we upward around 60,000. In my line the customer pays for it in the end. But still the competitors are using the advantage of less equipment equal less fuel costs = Lower price to customers. Which means I am out.:mad:

What things will change in your organization?

Well we have already seen the "GREEN" machine as we call it phazing out the old detroit and Cat Deisels. They are not comparable at all:mad: .

What will your company do to cope with the new cost of fuel?

Raising fuel Surecharges is the main action taken. less over the road work as well. local travel has been implemented for about 3 months.:(

I used to have a boat that used 30 gal per hour. I used to take this boat out once a week. I don't think my SRT will ever rival that!

i got a new job....thats how mine changed....at 8/hr currently with a daily drive of 10miles, i have more takehome then i did makeing 15/hr with a 60 mile round....i last filled up at 4.79 :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:....so NO COMPLAINING:p :p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back