What would you buy?

muscletrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of starting a project car. Since my Lil Red is all original, I was thinking of getting an older (pre 1970) car and creating a car to show and drive that would have custom paint/interior and dropping a big HP engine/trans into it.

I want to try to stay in the $30K range for the budget.

What would ya'll suggest as the car to start with?

AMC Pacer.................great visability and unique................:D :D

i would go for a COBRA :rock: :rock:
don't know if there are "wrecked" ones to start with.. ?

you don't need a roof to show...more.. they even open the hoods :D

Last edited:
Chrysler A body, because the E bodies (Cuda & Challenger), and the B bodies (Charger, Road Runner, GTX, Coronet, etc.) are too expensive unless you find a deal on one. The A bodies (Duster, Dart, Demon, etc.) are also lighter, and you can fit big block or small block engines in them easily.

Always remember "Its Mopar or no car"!:D

Bill.

GTX has always been nice, plus they are kind of rare. Or a 57 Coupe De Ville. 1950 Mercury, lowered and chopped with a big block!

muscletrucks said:
I am thinking of starting a project car. Since my Lil Red is all original, I was thinking of getting an older (pre 1970) car and creating a car to show and drive that would have custom paint/interior and dropping a big HP engine/trans into it.

I want to try to stay in the $30K range for the budget.

What would ya'll suggest as the car to start with?
1968 or 69 Charger or 1970 Cuda (hemi) :D

Begood said:
Chrysler A body, because the E bodies (Cuda & Challenger), and the B bodies (Charger, Road Runner, GTX, Coronet, etc.) are too expensive unless you find a deal on one. The A bodies (Duster, Dart, Demon, etc.) are also lighter, and you can fit big block or small block engines in them easily.

Bill.
Hey, that's Kalani's line :rock: :rock: :D

An AMX 390 would be another cool one to work with :D

Begood said:

Bill.
\

Thats right Bill!! MOPAR OR NO CAR!!! AMEN BRO

my dad's 66 GTO---$4500 already has a disc brake upgrade, 2 motors-389 and 326(why), all new stainless steel brake lines, new rear springs, plus more...real GTO car, NOT a clone. Would leave you $25,500 for restoration.:D

MUTT said:
my dad's 66 GTO---$4500 already has a disc brake upgrade, 2 motors-389 and 326(why), all new stainless steel brake lines, new rear springs, plus more...real GTO car, NOT a clone. Would leave you $25,500 for restoration.:D
Dammmmm, you should work on a used car lot. Got a gold chain??? ;) ;) :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back