what would you do?

dead end cruiser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know some of you know i posted this on another forum but the hell with it lets see what you all have to say

So it was sunny and warm here today, a little taste of whats to come.... So i took the truck out of the garage after sitting for a few months and went for a rip around the island. A friend of mine who has a few nice toys himself offerd to trade me my truck for is Z06...... I have not seen it but heard it was pretty nice, he said it is blown and puts down 685 at the wheels. He asked what i owed on my truck, it told him about 27k and it just turned 8k miles. and before i let him get into it any further i told him no way jose... not getting rid of the truck... hahaha. what whould you do?

685 would tempt the crap out of me! Way to stay in the family. At least go drive it!:burnout:

I would be checking the market on a Z06 and see if you could end up with another truck and more money in your pocket

yeah, all good points, I definatley plan on taking it for a spin around the block to see what its all about.... just vettes never got me, i dont like sitting on the back wheel.... i always over steer when i break loose in those things......... thats why i want to get ride of the '78 vette i have

The Vette will hold it's value.... the truck won't (hell it's only worth about $19k right now. :eek: )

If it's in good shape, take the trade.

IMO I love the truck. Vetts are everywhere, These trucks are very unique. But the HP would be very tempting.

keep the truck and build the motor then go whup his ass...lol

What would I do?????? I would get that truck out of the dirt and wash it on pavement!!!!:reddy:

dead end cruiser said:
yeah but they are still building vettes......... i can promise you all that there will be a turn around for these trucks
Have to agree with you there. They dont make these no more and from the looks of it these days are gone. SO ten years we'll see whats worth more a vette of these trucks.IMO if it isn't a 50's or 60's era then there al a dime a dozen. Got a whole lot of Z06's in schaumburg along with all th H2's you want:marchmellow: Just my $1.25's worth:D

Any realistic collector value of the truck won't be realized for a very long time....IMO You'd have to be quite meticulous and careful in order to maintain any decent collector value when the time eventually comes.....

In the meantime, you can buy these trucks for 25 cents on the dollar of their original value. Vettes (specially Z06s depreciate at a much slower rate...

Just my .02. It also depends on whether or not a 2 seater car will meet your needs as a family man..... You seem to be leaning towards a "no deal"... I'd be leaning towards a trade, myself.... But it is YOUR circumstances and opinions that will decide it...

D

Django said:
Any realistic collector value of the truck won't be realized for a very long time....IMO You'd have to be quite meticulous and careful in order to maintain any decent collector value when the time eventually comes.....

In the meantime, you can buy these trucks for 25 cents on the dollar of their original value. Vettes (specially Z06s depreciate at a much slower rate...

Just my .02. It also depends on whether or not a 2 seater car will meet your needs as a family man..... You seem to be leaning towards a "no deal"... I'd be leaning towards a trade, myself.... But it is YOUR circumstances and opinions that will decide it...

D
the ol lady said you should do the trade.... he does want to trade this vette for one of these trucks :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back