Wheel cleaning solutions?

I use Blue coral tire and wheel cleaner that I get for my car wash. I use it undiluted and it shines the wheels with little effort. Flitz makes a great aluminum polish and a power ball that goes on a drill that is good. It works well for polishing the wheels. You can also use a product called neverdull. It is a cotton wading product that you can use by hand.

A friend of mine that owns a car lot cleaned mine the other day with wheel acid and a high pressure sprayer. It took less than one minute per wheel, and they look brand new. Mine were looking pitted and really black on the inside. Not anymore. I bought a 5 gallon bucket of the stuff from his supplier. I used it on my Fatboy wheels, and now they look brand spankin' new too. Great stuff...Just can't leave it on too long.

PermaStar!

Picture024-1.jpg

img045.jpg

img047.jpg

and shine :D

You got it done for me Wifey!

And yes, I would love for that word to be passed around the forum...imagine how my reputation would improve!

I'm real fond of Simple Green and an old dish sponge with scuff pad . . .

I've got Jack's dirty ass truck here, and I'll take some before/after shots when I get to the wheels. . . :D (Love ya Jack, your truck isn't THAT dirty! :laugh:)

Prof said:
PermaStar!

Picture024-1.jpg

img045.jpg

img047.jpg
I wish you would stop posting these pics! It's like waving a steak in front of a wolf. :p It's the one mod I really like, but logistics is always an issue..... Thanks again Roy, for reminding me how good these wheels look.!!!:)

EMT/SRT said:
Black powdercoated rims!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: The best decision Paul ever made!

To many black rims!:p :D

Love to get permastar black crome but no $$$.:(

In 2006 the Ram and Dakota Night Runner wheels were black crome.
Wonder why they didn't use it on the SRT?
Maybe it didn't hold up?

Last edited:
Saw an infomercial on tv the other night for an eagle one product that they sprayed on the wheels. Nothin would stick to them. If it works as good as it did on tv (doubtful) i'll do the inside and outside of my wheels. I think i'm going to get one bottle and do one front wheel then compare it to the other. Then we shall decide.

I'll attempt this useless experiment this weekend and take pictures. :proud:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back