Why should I buy an SRT-10 QC?

Hauling is truck abuse!

At least for those of us that have garage queens.

(I have to admit that there have been a few occasions...but every time I regret having done it.);)

I like the 05 interior and the 05 is at least 500 lbs lighter than an 06. 06 Qc is built on a different frame and weighs more.

i had a spray in bedliner put in mine. have pulled everything from boats to car trailers

WA 2 FST said:
Guys,

I do use my truck occasionally to haul stuff in. Does the SRT-10 have factory "tie down" hardware? If not, have any of you installed some? Would just need something as simple as a place where I could run bungie-cords around to hold things in place.

Thanks again for all the helpful info. I'm still debating the purchase, and still shopping for the right truck.
What the hec does that mean?:dontknow:

SHHHHHHHHHHHH Eddie he said he don't want no silly boosted truck....... I mean who would really...........:) :ciao: o o o o me me me

bigike said:
SHHHHHHHHHHHH Eddie he said he don't want no silly boosted truck....... I mean who would really...........:) :ciao: o o o o me me me
come see me bro. im getting her waxed up for ya. got 4 coats from the doors up and will finish the rest today hopefully

Man you ought to see the smile on my face right now........

it's like this :D save for my head is more egg shaped and I have a nose!

My wife was very strict about me not talking about this!............ but I can't help but dream..........

Wow. After reading these posts, I think I got screwed on mine. I gave $32,500 for my '05 QC (all stock). However, it only had 18K miles on it. Haven't had a lick of problems either (other than the damn 6 disc changer). As for having a "good reason" for buying one... I have 4 kids...I wanted a sports car (after the divorce). The SRT-10 QC is the only thing that's fast and has enough seat belts for 6 butts. I say go for it.

-caleb

joemags54 said:
What the hec does that mean?:dontknow:

Didn't realize it was a trick question. :) j/k I should have used the term "things" instead of "stuff". :p

I have my own rental real estate company. I enjoy doing some of my own maintenance on my properties. I load tools in the bed occassionally. I have a BedRug in my current truck. I have also hauled small amounts of lumber.

I'm as anal of an owner as any of you guys... there isn't a single scratch on my current truck and it is 4+ years old. It's not my daily driver anymore either (I have 4 vehicles), but I still put "stuff" in the back every now and then.

I also coach a Jr. High baseball team that plays 90 games a year... I put baseball equipment in the back quite often.

The point is that I do value the "utility" in the truck. That's the reason I posed this question and others.

I'd be moving from a SC truck (not SRT) to a QC truck.

Soapy... good info about the differences b/w '05 and '06. If the '06 is 500lbs heavier, then I want the '05.

bigike said:

My current truck is "boosted" about like Eddie's (just not a Dodge)... but it no longer is my daily driver. If Eddie would like to sell me his truck with a 100k mile warranty, including a service agreement, then I'd have to seriously consider it. :p

Eddie's truck is awesome. It's just more than I would need out of a daily driver. If I sell my current truck and the 300C SRT8, then I'd be purchasing a QC and another hot-rod. The QC would be the daily driver.

I realize a lot of this line of thinking makes little sense to those who don't know me, which is why I have just been trying to ask questions, and talk less about me... what being the new guy and all.

All of you have been extremely helpful, and I appreciate it.

I must agree that having a truck bed on an SRT-10 is an item of convenience. Sort'a like and Old El Camino or Classic Ranchero. It's acceptable to put stuff back there. But, in my case it'd be stuff like guitars in cases, amps and the like.... Even stuff in boxes 'd be fine.

Anyone who'd take a load to the dump or haul 3/4 ton of manure in an SRT should be shot dead...

Blasphemers is what they are... Rent a fkn POS truck from U-haul or Home Depot.... It's an SRT not a fkn garbage scow....

D

Last edited:
Django said:
I must agree that having a truck bed on an SRT-10 is an item of convenience. Sort'a like and Old El Camino or Classic Ranchero. It's acceptable to put stuff back there. But, in my case it'd be stuff like guitars in cases, amps and the like.... Even stuff in boxes 'd be fine.

Anyone who'd take a load to the dump or haul 3/4 ton of manure in an SRT should be shot dead...

Blasphemers is what they are... Rent a fkn POS truck from U-haul or Home Depot....

D

I guess you didn't read my last two posts. Probably typing while I was typing mine.

I would never haul "crap" in it. :) I've turned down several "can you help me move?" requests with my current truck. But with a BedRug, you can haul things (boxes, etc) with no problem.

I have actually rented a truck when needing to haul "junk".

Django said:

Blasphemers is what they are... Rent a fkn POS truck from U-haul or Home Depot.... It's an SRT not a fkn garbage scow....

D
well i'm glad you're not my neighbor...i'd be dead the first day we met...as i unload my ladders and back the trailer in th driveway...right after i got back from the dump, right after i unload this half a ton of river rock, right after...if you wanna make the payments, then i'll be glad to ease up on her, tho

viperhauler said:
well i'm glad you're not my neighbor...i'd be dead the first day we met...as i unload my ladders and back the trailer in th driveway...right after i got back from the dump, right after i unload this half a ton of river rock, right after...if you wanna make the payments, then i'll be glad to ease up on her, tho

My threats of death and are purely methaphorical..... I'm from the city.

If you want to use it as a work truck.... Well, you paid for the right to do so.... :dontknow: WTF do I know....

D

Just made a deal on an '05 QC w/ 6100 miles on it. It is silver in color, has NAV, moonroof.

Will be working through the particulars shortly, as it is coming from out of state, so it will probably be a couple of weeks before I get it in my hands.

I'm excited. Thanks for all the help, and the warm welcome. I come directly from the "other side of the tracks", and have only owned 1 DC product (my current 300C SRT8), so please take it easy on me.

Last edited:
Nice to hear Wes, hopefully it turns out to be everything you're looking for.

--wes

Thanks bro. I know it will fill the need of a QC truck. I gotta have a truck, and I need more than 2+ seats. This will take place of the L and the 300C, and allow me to pursue something else to fill that 4th bay in the garage... I can take my time on that.

Hope you're getting plenty of sleep with the little one most likely stirring throughout the night.

WA 2 FST said:
Just made a deal on an '05 QC w/ 6100 miles on it. It is silver in color, has NAV, moonroof.

Will be working through the particulars shortly, as it is coming from out of state, so it will probably be a couple of weeks before I get it in my hands.

I'm excited. Thanks for all the help, and the warm welcome. I come directly from the "other side of the tracks", and have only owned 1 DC product (my current 300C SRT8), so please take it easy on me.

My .02 keep the 300.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back