WING TEST RESULTS !!!!!!

belgiumbarry said:
do you have the GEN 2 type wing ? This test is with the GEN 1.
do you carry load in the bed sometimes ?
lowered the truck ?
ofcourse roadbumps cause harder pushes then standing on the hitch....spinning wheels touching can cause severe damage in sec's...:dontknow:

2005 QC factory wing
No loads
Not lowered
It doesn't make enough power to spin the tires ;)

Thanks.

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
This is a weird one.
I have full liners in the wheel wells of my truck. Eventually they rubbed through and were replaced on warranty.
I weigh 200 lbs. When I stand and even bounce on the trailer hitch, the tires don't even come close to the rub marks. I have never towed with the truck so the rubs marks have to be from something else.

My dealer said there is 400 pounds of downforce at 120+ m.p.h. at that is what is causing the wear. 400 seems like a lot but I can't explain what is happening otherwise.
Slow down and maybe that will help :dontknow: :D :D ;)

rottenronnie said:
2005 QC factory wing
No loads
Not lowered
It doesn't make enough power to spin the tires ;)

Thanks.

strange... perhaps the 2005 wing was a hugh improvement...:dontknow:

do you ride on gravel ? stones can be picked up by the tyres and projected against the wells ? :dontknow:

belgiumbarry said:
strange... perhaps the 2005 wing was a hugh improvement...:dontknow:

do you ride on gravel ? stones can be picked up by the tyres and projected against the wells ? :dontknow:

No, I don't drive on gravel; these are definite rub marks. They are more like slits when they rub through. I thought maybe the liner was deflecting but no; and that wouldn't explain why the marks are so high up either.

At 250 (155), it may squat more than I realize.:dontknow:

Floor said:
you have to do a re-test with mine to find out:dontknow: first you have to catch me ....:D

jan , you are HO'ing my tech thread WING TEST .... for this one i will spank you on sunday ...:p ;) :D

belgiumbarry said:
jan , you are HO'ing my tech thread WING TEST .... for this one i will spank you on sunday ...:p ;) :D

Videos??:)

Oh..wait a minute..Jan is female right??!!

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
This is a weird one.
I have full liners in the wheel wells of my truck. Eventually they rubbed through and were replaced on warranty.
I weigh 200 lbs. When I stand and even bounce on the trailer hitch, the tires don't even come close to the rub marks. I have never towed with the truck so the rubs marks have to be from something else.

My dealer said there is 400 pounds of downforce at 120+ m.p.h. at that is what is causing the wear. 400 seems like a lot but I can't explain what is happening otherwise.

The full wheel well liners are not recommended for our trucks as per Chrysler:mad: . I have them on my truck also & they rubbed through I am assuming on cornering. I left them that way as they are better than no liners at all:D .
All

rottenronnie said:
No way! This is a science project.:)
:rock: :rock: :rock: :D :D :D I love science :elefant:

belgiumbarry said:
finally... found some time ( holidays this week ! :D ) to perform my WING TEST.... :confused: :(
It is a shame... not to mention any further...:D
I was alone so took some pic's to prove :

at about 60 mph.... View attachment 18044

at about 90 mph.... View attachment 18045

at about 100 mph... View attachment 18046

believe me , at 125 mph it's 20 kg's, so appprox 40 pounds.... didn't find it wise to take a pic at that speed....;)

so i'm glad the wing doesn't give lift...... :confused: :dontknow: :( ;) :D
Man that wing really works for me. Getting that extra 5 more miles. without the wing I would never done 145.

rottenronnie said:
If you are ever in Canada.....

Be carefull what you wish for...:D
Where did you get those liners btw:confused: (I hate you can see everything at the rear wheels, was thinking about these)

belgiumbarry said:
stev , do you mean Jan is a sweet bean ? :dontknow: because he's half female ? :dontknow: he must be , he drives a groceries getter...:p :D

actually, I'm 100 % lesbian trapped in a gorgious male body:D

Floor said:
actually, I'm 100 % lesbian trapped in a gorgious male body:D

OK, I would like to cancel my dvd order as there seems to be some confusion regarding gender. I must admit I was intrigued by the initial "spanking" discussions.:eek: ;)

Anyway, the full liners were a $300.00 option on my truck. The design is specific to the SRT10; i.o.w. different than you would find on a 4x4.

They also hide the 600 lb. nitrous bottle.

rottenronnie said:
OK, I would like to cancel my dvd order as there seems to be some confusion regarding gender. I must admit I was intrigued by the initial "spanking" discussions.:eek: ;)

who wouldn't be ?:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back