WTF?

Nightrunner941

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So me and my wife took the QC night runner out yesterday and went to look at an SRT 8 Challenger and the local Dodge dealership. When we drove on the lot a few salesmen came over and was complementing on my truck how bad ass and clean it was and how they never seen one in person. After visiting for a while I asked them what they would give me for my truck which is a 2006 QC nightrunner with 32,000 miles that is showroom quality. After about 30 minutes the Guy came back and said they would give me 21,000 for it. I asked him if he was out of his f***ing mind and left the dealership. I guess I was thinking they would atleast offer me 27 Or 28 for the truck. Is this a normal price for our trucks?????????

A dealer ship who's never seen one....that should tell you how rare these things are!

Check Kelly Blue Book, I think it's worth more than $21,000. I looked at a few Challengers myself and played the numbers on the payment, but I think I'll just keep my Night Runner.

So me and my wife took the QC night runner out yesterday and went to look at an SRT 8 Challenger and the local Dodge dealership. When we drove on the lot a few salesmen came over and was complementing on my truck how bad ass and clean it was and how they never seen one in person. After visiting for a while I asked them what they would give me for my truck which is a 2006 QC nightrunner with 32,000 miles that is showroom quality. After about 30 minutes the Guy came back and said they would give me 21,000 for it. I asked him if he was out of his f***ing mind and left the dealership. I guess I was thinking they would atleast offer me 27 Or 28 for the truck. Is this a normal price for our trucks?????????

for a dealership i'm surprised they were in the $20's with their offer

I think that is a lowball offer, but you have to understand they need to start somewhere, and a lowball is ussually their first.

the truck is worth much more than that and they know it. they just mistook you for someone who would haggle and not get offended and leave.

i imagine ur truck is worth around 26ish if it is infact 100% stock and showroom quality.

the dealership close to me just sold a QC NR, not sure, but i briefly looked through it and it looked very clean. looked stock to minus the NR decals on the rear fender. it sold to a woman in TX as her DD. it sold for 26k.

again, they just started there.
they can do two thiungs.
1. drop the price of their car for u
2. raise the price they are gunna give you for your trade in

whichever of those makes their books look good. but they would most deff have given you more. they just assumed you would not get offended and leave. they proly assumed that was the starting off point to make a deal.

but you are correct 100%. that is a BS lowball offer

JMHO

I would have walked right out as well.
He lowballed you. If he got your phone number, you probably will be getting a call sometime today asking you to come back.

I think that is a lowball offer, but you have to understand they need to start somewhere, and a lowball is ussually the

the truck is worth much more than that and they know it. they just mistook you for someone who would haggle and not get offended and leave.

i imagine ur truck is worth around 26ish if it is infact 100% stock and showroom quality.

the dealership close to me just sold a QC NR, not sure, but i briefly looked through it and it looked very clean. looked stock to minus the NR decals on the rear fender. it sold to a woman in TX as her DD. it sold for 26k.

again, they just started there.
they can do two thiungs.
1. drop the price of their car for u
2. raise the price they are gunna give you for your trade in

whichever of those makes their books look good. but they would most deff have given you more. they just assumed you would not get offended and leave. they proly assumed that was the starting off point to make a deal.

but you are correct 100%. that is a BS lowball offer

JMHO

My truck is 100% stock besides the magnaflow catback and the JMB catless mids. I told the Guy I would have to get more for my truck and he said that 21,500 was the best he could do for my truck. Funny thing is I shouldnt have even stopped because they had their 2011 SRT Challenger marked up $5000 above MSRP.

I wonder what my dealer paid in trade for mine.

I paid 21,500 back on Jan. 1st. 2010.

CPO certified used, 1 owner, 05' black RC, with Navigation system, super clean 27,000 mi. Still had full factory warrenty on it till May of 2011.

My truck is 100% stock besides the magnaflow catback and the JMB catless mids. I told the Guy I would have to get more for my truck and he said that 21,500 was the best he could do for my truck. Funny thing is I shouldnt have even stopped because they had their 2011 SRT Challenger marked up $5000 above MSRP.

well then you made the right decision to leave. i would have laughed at them as i was walking away too.

find a better dealership. sounds like they are a bunch of nuts.

Now that the 392's are out I would think that the 2011's with the 6.1 would be worth less.

21 is what i was offerd for my 05 rc they wanted 30 for a 05 qc both mid 20s for milage

thats the game bro, they dont wanna give you 26 or 27K for it, then your digging into their profit.

everytime I go to a dealership I get pissed off about something.

Dealerships will always offer less, it's been like that for years. No need to get upset.

Don't be offended, you asked them what they would buy your truck for! If you are really intereted in the Challenger tell them what you want for your ride to make the deal happen. If you work with them, they will work with you too.:)

Did you test drive that 392, I would have sandbagged them a bit and at least got a test drive. Then it would have been worth your time lol.

Last edited:
Is the 392, 6.4 a huge difference then the 6.1? I raced one a few weekends ago, light to light kind of thing, his was auto, and I still kept at least a car length on him. I missed third once, and he stayed on my bumper, but that's as close as he got. I wasn't real impressed being my truck is bone stock minus a magna flow muffler. With that, I'll just keep my truck lol.

Ive decided to keep my truck and I really dont know what the hell I was thinking. I am thinking about going back there tomorrow and test driving the damn thing. I plan on doing to do a sick burnout in the parking lot along with several doughnuts and then telling the salesman that this SRT8 just isnt for me.....Ill stick with my SRT10

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back