Oil Pressure at 25 PSI while idling.

KRAZYSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many of you have this? Since I just started driving her again, I havent noticed this. I have already had the oil sending unit changed once due to oil pressure dropping off to zero.

I am kinda worried that either the unit may be failing again or the pump is going bad. I have checked for leaks. None. And the motor has plenty of oil.

I havent raced it at all....so I was wondering if this is normal.:dontknow:

Mine does not drop below 50psi...even when heat soaked Kris.:dontknow:

So what might be the issue? I've heard some of the other guys say theirs is that low but I have never seen mine that low. I'm really frustrated with this since this is the 2nd time this year with two similar issues.

What kind and viscosity oil are you running?:dontknow:

Factory...from the dealership. Just had it changed a month ago. Only have 8700 miles and hardly have driven it over the last 7 months...due to...well, my stupidity.:)

nycstev said:
mine drops too to 25 when idling

DITTO. MINE HAS BEEN LIKE THAT SINCE I HAVE GOTTEN IT. HAD THE UNIT CHANGED WHEN IT KEPT DROPPING TO 0 PSI. HAS BEEN FINE SINCE THE CHANGE.

Sending units do go bad. Mine has been bad for a few months, I have the new sending unit, but it requires a deep socket to remove it that I don't have. Mine pegs and stays there except it occasionally drops about 25 lbs when warmed up and at idle. As I recall the sending unit is about $35 or $40.

from the service manual

Oil pressure should be 10 psi at idle or 45 - 75 psi at 3000 RPM.

mauiSRT/10 said:
Krazy did the MP's catch you doing a John Force style burnout on base? What gives dude?

patrick

Naaaawww...worse...they caught me practicing my 1/4 mile times in a 25 MPH zone.;) :eek: :eek: :eek:

But I got my priviledges back and we is straight!:D

Thanx for the input guys! I appreciate it!:rock:

The same even for Wifey's Garage Queen 25 at idle when warm;)

Heres a comparison

My rc drops to 25 during idle @ 200 deg F (No fan mod yet)
My Qc drops to 35 during idle @ 175 Deg F

At higher rpms >50 psi

Mines drops to 25-35 at idle when hot.. usually hanges around 27 or so.. when hot. But once I am at about 1500rpm+, she is upwards to 55-75psi.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back