Hurst line lock easy install

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Well fellas was talking with Eddie today and he is fixin to install his hurst line lock, and was talking about making up the lines.

Well I have gotten a good stnding now with goodridge lines, so I called them to see if they could make up some lines to ease the installation.

Now I know you can buy a couple metal lines for a couple bucks, cutem , flare em, and refit.
but these would be a braided steel brake line, with the correct ends allready installed

Now If Eddie is correct, one end is 10mm by 1.0 thread and the end on the hurst line lock is 1/8npt(national pipe thread)

And he also said his would be 7 inch and 10 lines

so if anyone is interested let me know, or if Eddie had one too many let me know:p

but gonna try and get a set made tommorrow and overnight a set to him to try out first.

but this combined with Justins brace should make the install a snap:D

I looked into braided lines when I did mine.
Not a bad idea, but there's also the "going rigid under pressure" issue: when the line gets pressurized (by applying the brakes), the braided lines would go stiff. If that's not a good enough description, ask a fireman about pressurizing a hose, and what happens to the hose when what is pushed through it.
With repeated use, the lines could move...and god-forbid work themselves loose. It would be minimal movement, but....there's always a chance.

I agree that braided lines would look slick, esp. with the JMB bracket.

Can Goodridge do all the lines from the MC to the ABS unit, with an option for LL lines? That'd be REALLY nice.

now what about the flares? would they being doing flares and pre forming they lines?

Well the lines will be braided and flexible, and yes I guess in the loooonnnnnng run they could work loose, but in ten years of running braided lines on my race bikes and them getting rigid under extreme braking, I never had one come loose:D

Oh and yeppers Mopar they shall be flare on the 10 mm end good sir:D

I got all the info from Eddie102873 so if its wrong:p get him:D

i see how it is hang me out to dry, i got my info from mutt, so now he's under the bus...lol

Stinker said:
Well the lines will be braided and flexible, and yes I guess in the loooonnnnnng run they could work loose, but in ten years of running braided lines on my race bikes and them getting rigid under extreme braking, I never had one come loose:D

reason why i ask is because the factory flare is an ISO flare (goes to the master and the ABS module) and the line lock is a dual flare. I had searched 4days to find someone that had the ISO flare tool... ended up borrowing my snap-on reps, that kit is 395 bucks. finished mine last week, but its just not the look i was looking for. so if you're working on a kit that would like a lot better i think I'll be in.

Flares?
Oh- you mean the type of ends on the brake lines.
I thought TMC was talking about adding some size to his fenders. LMAO

- On the MC and ABS unit: ISO Metric Bubble Flare
- On the Hurst Line Lock unit: NPT.

It'd be nice to ditch the DoubleFlare-to-NPT adapters I have on my unit. :)
Stinker said:

I hear ya about the braided lines, Tony. I just worry about that 'slap' every time the brakes get used. On a race truck it's probably not a major deal, but on a daily driver it could be.

I'm sure some are shaking their heads and saying that I'm paranoid or on crack. I assure you, neither is the case.
Check the stock brake lines coming from the MC to the ABS unit. You'll notice (2) plastic supports for those lines.
And those are solid lines.

If the lines were short enough, I'm sure that would take some of the 'slap' out of them.
Maybe some slick aluminum 'clips' to keep the lines together and let one work as the stabilizer while the other gets pressurized? Kinda like the stock one, but....cooler. :D

Kevan said:
Flares?
Oh- you mean the type of ends on the brake lines.
I thought TMC was talking about adding some size to his fenders. LMAO

- On the MC and ABS unit: ISO Metric Bubble Flare
- On the Hurst Line Lock unit: NPT.

It'd be nice to ditch the DoubleFlare-to-NPT adapters I have on my unit. :)

I hear ya about the braided lines, Tony. I just worry about that 'slap' every time the brakes get used. On a race truck it's probably not a major deal, but on a daily driver it could be.

I'm sure some are shaking their heads and saying that I'm paranoid or on crack. I assure you, neither is the case.
Check the stock brake lines coming from the MC to the ABS unit. You'll notice (2) plastic supports for those lines.
And those are solid lines.

If the lines were short enough, I'm sure that would take some of the 'slap' out of them.
Maybe some slick aluminum 'clips' to keep the lines together and let one work as the stabilizer while the other gets pressurized? Kinda like the stock one, but....cooler. :D

I kin do aluminum clips;) jsut wait till ya see the brake line kit:D

Myself, DC and possibly JMB are working on a complete bolt on kit for our trucks, and other SRT lines... just need to get the parts from DC to here and outfit it and take pictures, and write instructions...

azpyroguy said:
Myself, DC and possibly JMB are working on a complete bolt on kit for our trucks, and other SRT lines... just need to get the parts from DC to here and outfit it and take pictures, and write instructions...

well thats been months now, and I is impatient, I get it done in days:p :D besides if it comes from Dc it will cost a bazillion dollars , mine will be less than $30-$40 maybe even cheaper

Last edited:
Stinker said:
well thats been months now, and I is impatient, I get it done in days:p :D besides if it comes from Dc it will cost a bazillion dollars , mine will be less than $30-$40 maybe even cheaper
well now i'm in for sure:rock:

TheMoparConnection said:
well now i'm in for sure:rock:
thats real affordable, i figure braided lines to the calipers work fine the ones to the line lock shouldnt be a problem like stink and kevan talked about a clamp to hold the lines secure at one point should work well.

For the support clamps, I was thinking up by the MC, LL, and ABS units...where there are multiple lines.
There would be no need for them down at each wheel.

BTW- Front and Rear lines, or Front only?

These will be the two lines for the line lock hurst intall, just two lines that run from the master cylinder to the line lock from the line lock to the ABS unit.

The other is going to be a kit consisting of the front lines and the rear lines from the frame to the calipers

Oh, so for the LL install it's just (2) braided hoses?
The other hose on the MC (for the rear brakes) just gets left looking....kinda....lame?
:D

Kevan said:
Oh, so for the LL install it's just (2) braided hoses?
The other hose on the MC (for the rear brakes) just gets left looking....kinda....lame?
:D

Kevan if ya want summin just ask bro:D lets make sure this works and if so , I will get ya anutha line:p

Just talked with them they are gonna finish the total brake line kit and the line loc kit this evening so I will pick them up in the morn, ship the lin loc to Eddie to try, and I will install te brake line kit on mine.

want to make sure everything fits nice and proper, the right lengths and all before sending them out.

Oh and they put a swivel end on the lin loc end so that if it flexs it has room to move and not come loooooooooose:p

That's cool.
I'm just saying...if you're going to upgrade one of the lines from the MC, you might as well do the other at the same time, with the same type of line.

For my setup, it would be like this:

MC (front)----braided line---->LineLock----braided line---->ABS unit.
MC (rear)----braided line---->ABS unit.

If they're as price-friendly as you say, the extra line would not only upgrade the braking system, but it would also match. Looks more professional.

There could be (2) kits available:
  • Line Lock Kit
  • Line Lock Kit w/Rear Hose
Easy.

And it's more bling-y, which we know you like. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back