Shifter Wars B&M vs X-Metal

RedSrt007

Reaction score
To keep the reviews clean, the shifter debates have been moved here :)

If you have a question feel free to post it in the review, but comments and opinions can go here!! :rock:

Thanks

Patrick

B&M....no emails on the web

they'd like to keep it personal, so they request phone calls. Unfortunately, I've never, ever gotten through to a human. Leave a message, they may call back.

Bravo said:
they'd like to keep it personal, so they request phone calls. Unfortunately, I've never, ever gotten through to a human. Leave a message, they may call back.

Feel free to contact they, they are a member on the forum..(search members list)

B&MRACING

-Red

Bravo said:

Thats weird I called them like three times and got through every time and even talked to someone? Maybe you called during lunch?

B&M contact

If anyone has any questions specific to the SRT shifter or other B&M shifter you may contact me. However, i am not a paying vendor to this site so i would encourage a phone call to our excellent tech dept. at 818-882-6422 first.
Also, i would like to personally thank Patrick for an excellent review of our product and congratulate Boomer on a well designed product from the pictures i have seen and reviews from those on this site.

Sincerely,

B&M Racing

B&MRACING said:
If anyone has any questions specific to the SRT shifter or other B&M shifter you may contact me. However, i am not a paying vendor to this site so i would encourage a phone call to our excellent tech dept. at 818-882-6422 first.
Also, i would like to personally thank Patrick for an excellent review of our product and congratulate Boomer on a well designed product from the pictures i have seen and reviews from those on this site.

Sincerely,

B&M Racing

Now that is class.:rock:

I wish I could we could shift the QC....man that would be fun...:)

I really believe (even though I'm not a full time Ricky racer) that the X Metal shifter is the one I really want AND need.

It sounds as if it has (as Patrick said) clicks or detents in the shift pattern that let you "KNOW" that yer in gear... Hitting 3rd gear fast is a lower left to upper right diagonal slam..... one fluid motion.... BANG right thru the neutral gate and into the 3hole.

I have rarely EVER been successful (making one movement) with the OEM shifter... I normally make (as Jack sez) a deliberate, methodical "grannie shift"... I hate it.:mad:

So, for me, even tho' I don't race alot..... When I do, I want BOOMERS BADASS Gen 4 shifter in my right hand....

"Never miss 3rd again"....sounds like a very great thing to me.....:rock:

Not only that, but I really love BOOMER and he's now bearing our love child..... j/k j/k....

Now, if someone thinks I'm missing something, please chime in....

SD

Silent D said:
I really believe (even though I'm not a full time Ricky racer) that the X Metal shifter is the one I really want AND need.

It sounds as if it has (as Patrick said) clicks or detents in the shift pattern that let you "KNOW" that yer in gear... Hitting 3rd gear fast is a lower left to upper right diagonal slam..... one fluid motion.... BANG right thru the neutral gate and into the 3hole.

I have rarely EVER been successful (making one movement) with the OEM shifter... I normally make (as Jack sez) a deliberate, methodical "grannie shift"... I hate it.:mad:

So, for me, even tho' I don't race alot..... When I do, I want BOOMERS BADASS Gen 4 shifter in my right hand....

"Never miss 3rd again"....sounds like a very great thing to me.....:rock:

Not only that, but I really love BOOMER and he's now bearing our love child..... j/k j/k....

Now, if someone thinks I'm missing something, please chime in....

SD
thanks Pops!;)

BTW, was the price 5 hundred and something, Gary?.....

I never did see that posted... But I'm effing blind AND oblivious....

SD

Silverback said:
And those are your good points Tim;) :D :rock:

I remember the plaque that used to hang on the wall at the barbershop:

"I have met the perfect woman
I could ask for no more.
She's deaf and mute, completely blind
...........and owns a liquor store...."

SD

B&MRACING said:

Sincerely,

B&M Racing

will do and thanks for the timely response....means sombody cares about the customer.
Questions I had were not about the SRT shifter but other products. I'll keep trying.
-J

Man, that's class there with B&M, absolutely must be commended for such a large company. And then there's Boomer, class all the way as well. Too bad there are a few bad seeds out there that make us think class is the exception rather than the rule. They know who they are, and let's all hold them to the same example of class and integrity B&M and Boomer have set. If they can't deliver reasonably close to on-time, within budget, and treat EVERY customer with respect (even the unhappy ones), then we as a group should not support them. I have already ordered a shifter from Boomer before the B&M review came out, and I am glad I did, otherwise, I would have a VERY difficult decision on my hands.:dontknow: Way to go B&M!!! Both companies should be commended on their dedication to the small niche of the aftermarket they are serving in order to keep us knee deep in parts for these awesome trucks.

Many, Many Thanks To Both Boomer and B&M,
Greg

B&MRACING said:

Sincerely,

B&M Racing

That's a class act right there...I'm impressed.

B&MRACING said:

Sincerely,

B&M Racing
Texas Yellow Fever said:
That's a class act right there...I'm impressed.

I agree, as if it wouldnt be enough to get a customer rep to come over here from such a large company like B&M, but to get THE engineer who designed the SRT(s) shifter! :burnout:

Thanks again Mark A+ Customer Service!

and to Gary/BOOMER, we take his customer service for granted, Thanks for also being A+ with so much on your plate; still taking the time for us!! :eek:

Patrick

Last edited:
RedSrt007 said:
I agree, as if it wouldnt be enough to get a customer rep to come over here from such a large company like B&M, but to get THE engineer who designed the SRT(s) shifter! :burnout:

Thanks again Mark A+ Customer Service!

and to Gary/BOOMER, we take his customer service for granted, Thanks for also being A+ with so much on your plate; still taking the time for us!! :eek:

Patrick

I agree these guys know that the customer's are what makes them......

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back